Windows 10: Why isn't it on by default?

Discus and support Why isn't it on by default? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I make a Defender AV icon show up on my taskbar?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JerryClough, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Why isn't it on by default?

How do I make a Defender AV icon show up on my taskbar?

:)

JerryClough, Jan 13, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Jakub578 Win User
    Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Why isn't it on by default?

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

Managed to solve it... here´s how I did it just in case anyone else has the same problem...

->Settings

->Printers & scanners

->Add a printer or scanner

->The printer that I want isn´t listed

->Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

->Use an existing port: USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)

->Choose printer

->Use the driver that is currently installed

->Type printer name

And done... =P

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Why isn't it on by default?

1. Why isn't it on by default? - Similar Threads - Why isn't default

2. Why isn't the default setting for desktop shortcuts controlled by OneDrive, "Always keep on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't the default setting for desktop shortcuts controlled by OneDrive, "Always keep on...: The default setting in OneDrive for shortcuts on the desktop which are stored in the "Desktop" folder in OneDrive is not correct. It should be "Always keep on this device" for the following reasons:1. The ".lnk" files which contain the shortcuts are very small, and would not...
  3. Why isn't the default setting for desktop shortcuts controlled by OneDrive, "Always keep on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why isn't the default setting for desktop shortcuts controlled by OneDrive, "Always keep on...: The default setting in OneDrive for shortcuts on the desktop which are stored in the "Desktop" folder in OneDrive is not correct. It should be "Always keep on this device" for the following reasons:1. The ".lnk" files which contain the shortcuts are very small, and would not...
  4. Why isn't numlock-on a default setting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't numlock-on a default setting?: When we were on Windows XP, I don't recall having to make any changes to get numlock on. Once you turned it on, it stayed on. Even through a reboot or a shutdown. I don't recall if I had to make any changes to get it to stay on in Windows 7. We never used Vista and we skipped...
  5. Why isn't numlock-on a default setting?

Why isn't numlock-on a default setting?: When we were on Windows XP, I don't recall having to make any changes to get numlock on. Once you turned it on, it stayed on. Even through a reboot or a shutdown. I don't recall if I had to make any changes to get it to stay on in Windows 7. We never used Vista and we skipped...
  6. Why isn't long paths enabled by default in windows 11.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why isn't long paths enabled by default in windows 11.: Why isn't long paths enabled by default in windows 11? The 260 character limit has been crippling to the user over the years. It only takes someone to change lengthen a folder name further up the path to make access to some file impossible. I know the restriction was removed...
  7. Why isn't long paths enabled by default in windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't long paths enabled by default in windows 11.: Why isn't long paths enabled by default in windows 11? The 260 character limit has been crippling to the user over the years. It only takes someone to change lengthen a folder name further up the path to make access to some file impossible. I know the restriction was removed...
  8. Why isn't long paths enabled by default in windows 11.

9. Default gateway repeatedly isn't available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default gateway repeatedly isn't available: Several times each day my home PC stops connecting to the internet. The ethernet port is labelled as "no connection" and apps stop working. Luckily, the Windows troubleshooter for "Network Adapter" is able to resolve the issue by resetting the ethernet adapter....
  10. Iron isn't your default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Iron isn't your default browser: Hey, I just set up my OS again and now it keeps telling me "Iron isn't your default browser" BUT IT IS! I made it the default browser AT LEAST 20 times in two days and it keeps telling me it isn't the default brwoser. I installed edge deflector and it works. Iron really IS...