Windows 10: Why Isn't Mouse Double Clicking Fixed Yet?!?

Discus and support Why Isn't Mouse Double Clicking Fixed Yet?!? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have actively tried to get Microsoft's attention with a very specific issue regarding double clicking of the mouse. There have been many reports... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zer0Studioz, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Why Isn't Mouse Double Clicking Fixed Yet?!?

I have actively tried to get Microsoft's attention with a very specific issue regarding double clicking of the mouse. There have been many reports online about this issue persisting between many different pieces of hardware, both in terms of mice and the computers themselves. Every single time customer service responds, it's always the same thing: "Check your drivers, mouse setting, other mice, etc." My question is, WHY THE **** CAN'T YOU REALIZE NONE OF THOSE FIX THE PROBLEM?!? First, no, I refuse to apologize for my profanity, you guys absolutely deserve it, and second, anyone in customer service who reads these posts to try and solve the problems that get posted are supposed to be human beings, not mindless drones forced to answer questions in a specific way while actively avoiding the issues given to you. Either act like a human being, realize why there's an issue, and tell your tech guys to fix their **** software, or just quit your job and never go back. I don't care how much Microsoft is paying you, it isn't worth a damn cent if they tell you not to actually solve issues that come your way simply because they have sticks up their asses. Even I'm about ready to take my current system and smash it into billions of pieces by chucking it out a window, and I'm legit serious about that statement

:)

Zer0Studioz, Sep 5, 2020
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Mouse started double clicking on single click file randomly.

Hi KathZ,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)
    • Does this issue occur on a different mouse?

This issue happens, if there is mouse/hardware issue or it can be settings issue. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Method 1: Restore the defaults.

1. Press Windows
      and E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Go to View tab on the top.
    3. Click on Options > Click on Change folder and Search options.
    4. Click on Restore Defaults.
      Click on Apply and Ok.

Method 2: Change the Mouse settings.

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Click on Devices > Click on Mouse from the left panel of the window.
    3. Click on Additional Mouse Options from the right pane.
    4. This will open the Mouse Properties window, go to Buttons tab.
    5. Under the Double click speed, drag the slider to the left to slow down the double click speed.
    6. Next, go to Pointer options tab, uncheck the "Enhance Pointer Precision" to
      disable pointer precision to slow down the mouse.

For more information, I would suggest you to follow the
    steps
    provided in the post on 'Windows 10 mouse has started double clicking on single click randomly'.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Devon68 Win User
    I need something to fix mouse double clicking

It's double left click right? I managed to fix it by taking it apart and cleaning it, but I have a 3$ mouse and yours is still under warranty so I would not do that.

Devon68, Sep 5, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Why Isn't Mouse Double Clicking Fixed Yet?!?

Mouse: Fix for unwanted double clicking

If you have a copy of your receipt, RMA it. Common issues with these mice apparently..I have a double-clicker here too. Mailman had two before he moved to a different mouse. I have yet to replace my own.

cadaveca, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Why Isn't Mouse Double Clicking Fixed Yet?!?

1. Why Isn't Mouse Double Clicking Fixed Yet?!? - Similar Threads - Why Isn't Mouse

2. Double-clicking mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double-clicking mouse: For a couple months now I have been experiencing my mouse double-click, and recently it has been triple-clicking at essentially every other click. I'm sure you understand this makes using a computer extremely difficult in a lot of cases. I have looked and it does seem to be a...
  3. Double-clicking mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double-clicking mouse: For a couple months now I have been experiencing my mouse double-click, and recently it has been triple-clicking at essentially every other click. I'm sure you understand this makes using a computer extremely difficult in a lot of cases. I have looked and it does seem to be a...
  4. Double-clicking mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse double clicking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse double clicking: Hi.I have some problem with my mouse in windows 10.. It double click. For example drag and drop is annoying my mouse suddenly click the next object. I don't know it's my mouse problem or software. But I want to first try the software one. Thanks for further helps!...
  6. Mouse double clicking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse double clicking: Hi.I have some problem with my mouse in windows 10.. It double click. For example drag and drop is annoying my mouse suddenly click the next object. I don't know it's my mouse problem or software. But I want to first try the software one. Thanks for further helps!...
  7. Mouse double clicking

8. Why Is my mouse not double clicking

Why Is my mouse not double clicking: When i try to double click it doesn't do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-mouse-not-double-clicking/3c505138-9f3c-4e91-ad1e-db6a09c5e1ca
  9. Mouse double clicks

Mouse double clicks: sometime when i click the computer registers it as a double click it seems to be happening even with different mice I have tried several different double click speeds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-double-clicks/e62d6494-764f-4c16-94e5-808620d10c32
  10. Mouse double clicking

Mouse double clicking: I'm having problem with my mouse on this specific day, it keeps on double clicking even though I only clicked it once. This is a problem as it sometimes release what I'm holding which has negative effects for me to play, work, etc. I'm using a HID compliant mouse....