Windows 10: Why Isn't My Canoscan N650U working on Win10?

Discus and support Why Isn't My Canoscan N650U working on Win10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Because Canon hasn't made drivers for it I suppose. That's what Canon says when I go there looking for drivers. Well, say it by implication, in fact I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Feb 24, 2018.

1. abrogard Win User

Why Isn't My Canoscan N650U working on Win10?

Because Canon hasn't made drivers for it I suppose. That's what Canon says when I go there looking for drivers. Well, say it by implication, in fact I can't find the product listed for them to say anything about it either way.

So why do I ask? Well because Win10 told me, when I plugged it in, that my device was ready for use.

That usually means Windows has identified it and loaded drivers and we're all set to go.

What's up?

:)

abrogard, Feb 24, 2018

2. Issues with CanoScan 210 on Windows 10.

Original Title: CanoScan 2l0

My CanoScan 210 won't work after installing Windows 10. I have downloaded a driver that was recommended. . .but still no action!

IsabelleEJ, Feb 24, 2018
  3. CanoScan 8800F - Windows 10

After installing Windows 10 (former Windows 7) my Scanner "CanoScan 8800F" works without Problem. Last day I insttalled a the newest Windows 10 update. After this update my Scanner "CanoScan 8800F" did not work anymore. On the Canon Homepage there is no
    Windows 10 driver for my Scanner "CanoScan 8800F" available. I need a good solution for this problem.

Ulf P.Klinger, Feb 24, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

I can...

Canon UK | Canon CanoScan N650U

5. Bree New Member
    See if this thread on a CanoScan LiDE60 sheds any light...
    Unable to open TWAIN source

6. spunk Win User
    You didn't say what version of Windows 10 you were running, (ie) 32bit or 64bit.
    this is a shot in the dark but it might work. If you have 32bit Windows 10, then you can try downloading the XP driver. Save the installer to your download location, and right click Setup.exe file and choose Properties/Compatibility make the driver compatible with Windows XP.
    The reality is, that this hardware is too old for Windows 10 and you should have a much newer printer/scanner.

spunk, Feb 24, 2018
  7. Bree New Member
    This may help, paid-for software that can use old unsupported scanners. Apparently it can be downloaded and run in 'Trial' mode for as long as you want, but adds a watermark.

W10 threw away printer and scanner

8. abrogard Win User

Yep, thanks. It's win10 64 bit here. No drama. I was just wondering why win10 says the device is functioning. No one knows the ins and outs of that?

I have an xp machine devoted to running old stuff - software and hardware. It drives our old Laserjet 3150 for instance.

So I put the old scanner on there and things seemed good but it ran out of memory on 1200 dpi and the Asus A8NSLI board cannot take any more than the 4G it has.

So I put it down to 800 dpi and now I've got a 'scanner driver exception' on NAPS2. So I'm still not there.

Perhaps I can get it going on win10 after all - that PATH thing mentioned in your link, Bree, looks a possible. There's no path to the twain.exe in my PATH var. I'll put it in and see...

I'll give Vuescan a go as a test but I'll never pay for it - better to put the money into a new scanner I think....

abrogard, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Why Isn't My Canoscan N650U working on Win10? - Similar Threads - Why Isn't Canoscan

2. Why isn't my password updating/working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why isn't my password updating/working?: Hi, so I tried logging into my account on my laptop and it said my password wasn't correct, I reset my password, tried again but it said the same thing. I then restarted my laptop, tried again, and it said the same thing. It is not a Microsoft Surface device its a TOSHIBA...
  3. Why isn't the volumn working on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't the volumn working on my computer?: Why isn't the volume working on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-the-volumn-working-on-my-computer/5e51564c-6f23-4642-9e9d-f68f48ea9e1b
  4. Why isn't the volumn working on my computer?

Why isn't the volumn working on my computer?: Why isn't the volume working on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-the-volumn-working-on-my-computer/5e51564c-6f23-4642-9e9d-f68f48ea9e1b
  5. Why isn't my Windows-Key working?

Why isn't my Windows-Key working?: I recently bought an SSD disk for my computer. I have now installed it and fixed all of my problems with windows and so on. But when I went to activate Windows with my key, it just says that it's a fake version of Windows and that I have to buy a new one. Is it because I used...
  6. My isn't working with Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My isn't working with Win10: These are specs of my pc I tried to install win 10 so many times even clean install but it bsod error comes in between once it was installed but when i opened windows bsod started coming again help me PLzZ...
  7. My Win10 balks at loading an old program. Why isn't Compatibility Mode working?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Win10 balks at loading an old program. Why isn't Compatibility Mode working?: I have an old program that says it's for Windows 95NT or plain 95. For all the choices in the next few Categories, I'm surprised they left out questions on Compatibility Mode. I did use the C.Mode Tab and selected Windows 95When I use compatibility mode it balks and hollers...
  8. why isn't my file explorer work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why isn't my file explorer work: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/birdleaf6000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lxa643/why_isnt_my_file_explorer_work/
  9. My WIN10 Installation isn't really working... :|

in Windows 10 Support
    My WIN10 Installation isn't really working... :|: To see what is wrong click here https://youtu.be/lPpvyI_Nq-8 and there is other things I just saw :\ My Windows 10 Installation is falling apart... I can't show my WVN because the text isn't showing correctly and I can't show a screenshot because I can't save it as...
  10. Why isn't my laptop being offered the Win10 upgrade?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why isn't my laptop being offered the Win10 upgrade?: Is it only for retail versions of windows? I thought MS wanted to get everybody upgraded as long as their version of windows was valid, are oem versions not included in the free upgrade? 12207

Users found this page by searching for:

1. make your scanner work windows 10 canoscan n650u