Windows 10: Why isn't my computer fully shutting down?

Discus and support Why isn't my computer fully shutting down? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Specs:Ryzen 3700xASUS ROG Strix x570-F WiFi16GB G.Skill TridentZEvga RTX 3080 FTW3WD SN750 NVME - OSSeagate Barracude 120 SSD - MiscSamsung 970 Evo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Matt6027, Jan 19, 2023.

1. Matt6027 Win User

Why isn't my computer fully shutting down?

Specs:Ryzen 3700xASUS ROG Strix x570-F WiFi16GB G.Skill TridentZEvga RTX 3080 FTW3WD SN750 NVME - OSSeagate Barracude 120 SSD - MiscSamsung 970 Evo Plus - GamesWindows 10 ProVersion: 22H2Build: 19045.2364Over the past 6-8+ weeks when I shut down my computer it will randomly about 60-75% of the time go through the shutdown process, including shutting down all USB keyboard/mouse turn off and video output monitors go black and into sleep mode, but will remain in the OS for about 5 minutes sometimes it will eventually shut down itself but sometimes it won't. The debug display on the motherbo

:)

Matt6027, Jan 19, 2023

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jan 19, 2023
  3. Nimarus Win User
    Computer won't fully shut down

Simply put, my computer won't fully shut down for some reason. I select to shut down the computer and it seems to shut down as it always does. However, LEDs, Fans, etc. are still running while my monitor shows no connection to the computer. I've seen that people suggested turning off Fast Startup, however, this was already off. I've even tried using command prompt to shut down my PC, but the result is still the same.

Nimarus, Jan 19, 2023
  4. Why isn't my computer fully shutting down?

Windows 10 Pro (fully updated) will not shut down properly

Hi Chayan,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • How exactly are you shutting down the computer? Is it from Start menu?
    • Did you try shutting down by pressing and holding the power button?
    • Did you make any recent changes to the computer settings?
    • Did you plug any external device to the computer?
    I would like to inform you that it is bit difficult to pin point on the exact reason behind the issue unless we get the answers for the questions asked above.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to press and hold the power button and check if the computer able to shut down completely.

If the issue persist try unplug plug the charger\power cord from the power source and check if the issue persists, this may also arise due to any fault in the power source.

If the above steps doesn’t work, I suggest you to check if the fast startup option is enabled.

• Access control panel by right clicking on the Start menu.
    • Choose Power options.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do and check if it is enabled.(Disable it if enabled)
    Please let us know if you are able to shut down the system properly after following the above steps. If the issue persists, please reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 19, 2023
Thema:

Why isn't my computer fully shutting down?

1. Why isn't my computer fully shutting down? - Similar Threads - Why isn't computer

2. Why isn't my computer fully shutting down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't my computer fully shutting down?: Specs:Ryzen 3700xASUS ROG Strix x570-F WiFi16GB G.Skill TridentZEvga RTX 3080 FTW3WD SN750 NVME - OSSeagate Barracude 120 SSD - MiscSamsung 970 Evo Plus - GamesWindows 10 ProVersion: 22H2Build: 19045.2364Over the past 6-8+ weeks when I shut down my computer it will randomly...
  3. Why isn't my computer fully shutting down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why isn't my computer fully shutting down?: Specs:Ryzen 3700xASUS ROG Strix x570-F WiFi16GB G.Skill TridentZEvga RTX 3080 FTW3WD SN750 NVME - OSSeagate Barracude 120 SSD - MiscSamsung 970 Evo Plus - GamesWindows 10 ProVersion: 22H2Build: 19045.2364Over the past 6-8+ weeks when I shut down my computer it will randomly...
  4. My computer isn't shutting down properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer isn't shutting down properly: Hello...I just installed Ubuntu on my PC alongside Windows 11. I was thinking it was Windows 10. and after the install. I booted Windows 11 and after a while, I tried to shut down the PC. It showed the shut down screen, then after a blank screen, It boots up my desktop and...
  5. My computer isn't shutting down properly

My computer isn't shutting down properly: Hello...I just installed Ubuntu on my PC alongside Windows 11. I was thinking it was Windows 10. and after the install. I booted Windows 11 and after a while, I tried to shut down the PC. It showed the shut down screen, then after a blank screen, It boots up my desktop and...
  6. Computer won't fully shut down

Computer won't fully shut down: Simply put, my computer won't fully shut down for some reason. I select to shut down the computer and it seems to shut down as it always does. However, LEDs, Fans, etc. are still running while my monitor shows no connection to the computer. I've seen that people suggested...
  7. Computer won't fully shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't fully shut down: Simply put, my computer won't fully shut down for some reason. I select to shut down the computer and it seems to shut down as it always does. However, LEDs, Fans, etc. are still running while my monitor shows no connection to the computer. I've seen that people suggested...
  8. Computer won't fully shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. pc not fully shutting down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pc not fully shutting down: i recently built my new computer but everytime i shut down the gpu and fans and monitor doesnt shut down, only windows. when i try to restart to download drivers (i had to download them on an existing computer) when it starts to turn back on its just a black screen so i have...
  10. Computer takes forever to fully shut down.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer takes forever to fully shut down.: My computer has been taking around ~5-10+ minutes to fully shut down. It starts to shut down normally when I press shut down in the start menu,shutting down screen, screen turns off and everything... but, everything is still on (lights, fans, hdd). I've had this problem for...