Windows 10: Why isn't my HP Laptop recognizing the CD/DVD player

Discus and support Why isn't my HP Laptop recognizing the CD/DVD player in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just bought a new PC game and a movie, and neither one is recognized. Can't open them or manipulated any parts of the CD/DVDs. It keeps asking to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CindyCees, Feb 15, 2020.

1. CindyCees Win User

Why isn't my HP Laptop recognizing the CD/DVD player

I just bought a new PC game and a movie, and neither one is recognized. Can't open them or manipulated any parts of the CD/DVDs. It keeps asking to insert the disc. I just used it a week ago on about a dozen or more CD/DVDs. Has there been an update from Microsoft? Could the update have a bug? If so, is there a fix for this problem?

:)

CindyCees, Feb 15, 2020

2. my cd/dvd player is not listed

my cd/dvd player burner is not listed or recognized after a windows 10 hp 32 reinstall

charlesfrischknecht, Feb 15, 2020
  3. CD/DVD drive not recognized

---I'm okay with opening latops. I've opened this one 3 times, adding SSD HD and upgrading RAM. I'll be able to try this later on, Friday, probably. With it spinning up when a CD is inserted, I'm not sure this would help. I'd appreciate advice on this.

Why isn't my HP Laptop recognizing the CD/DVD player [​IMG]

DellySheCorte, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Why isn't my HP Laptop recognizing the CD/DVD player

dvd/cd player not recognized

My DVD/CD player is no longer recognized. It shows up in BIOS. I tried all the things HP support said by that did not work. I am getting the impression that Windows 10 has something to do with it

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Calling & messaging]

Kenny Martin24, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Why isn't my HP Laptop recognizing the CD/DVD player

1. Why isn't my HP Laptop recognizing the CD/DVD player - Similar Threads - Why isn't Laptop

2. CD/DVD player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD/DVD player: I've plugged my external cd/dvd player in, and I can see it under this PC, but it wont load the disc to play. When the disc is partially in the player, I can use the eject button to eject the disc....
  3. My DVD/CD Player is not Recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My DVD/CD Player is not Recognized: I recently lost my DVD/CD player from playing anything and I tried troubleshooting but still cannot get it to work.I took his computer to Staples and they had to do a Factory reset but the DVD/CD Player problem still exist. What do I need to do to get it working again?...
  4. DVD/CD player not recognized

DVD/CD player not recognized: After updating, my DVD/CD player is not recognized Win10/64bit. Why they removed them, is anybody's guess - what a pain - but that's a separate issue. Here's what I've done: 1 Updated all drivers in Device Manager. Made sure all hidden files are showing. Made sure...
  5. Windows 10 isn't recognizing my dvd/cd drive.

Windows 10 isn't recognizing my dvd/cd drive.: I have a Lenovo 420s 2nd gen with Windows 10 enterprise and I cant get it to recognize my dvd/cd reader writer, either the one installed or external. I've had no luck changing this. Any ideas?...
  6. windows 10 does not recognize my dvd/cd player

windows 10 does not recognize my dvd/cd player: How do I make windows 10 recognize my DVD player? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-does-not-recognize-my-dvdcd-player/c89b757c-0c92-4b92-bac6-b9c2ac50e3ce
  7. my dvd/cd player

my dvd/cd player: why wont my Surface reconize my dvd/cd player and allow me to play dvd movies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dvdcd-player/b0510136-cc46-4f0c-8c2f-98023cce5cb4
  8. Windows isn't recognizing my CD/DVD Player June 2020

Windows isn't recognizing my CD/DVD Player June 2020: ...and it's VERY frustrating! I have an ASUS G752VT laptop running Windows 10 1909. It has 16GB of memory, and the system type is 64-bit OS. When I start up my computer the cd drive makes a sound indicating it's going to work. I go to "This PC" and click on DVD RW Drive...
  9. cd dvd players

cd dvd players: All 3 of my Dell computers Windows 10, latest updates installed} freeze up when trying to read DVD+rw discs. When I click on a file on ANY disc,tried many discs the computers just lock up, D drive is deleted, and I have to do a reboot to get them started again. Tried...
  10. DVD/CD player

DVD/CD player: I need help. My DVD/CD player is not working on my HP laptop. It just whirs around but never opens. I did play a music video not long ago and it worked great but now the CD does not work. I really would like to get the CD pictures off it....