Windows 10: Why isn't my laptop being offered the Win10 upgrade?

Discus and support Why isn't my laptop being offered the Win10 upgrade? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is it only for retail versions of windows? I thought MS wanted to get everybody upgraded as long as their version of windows was valid, are oem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by treads, Aug 2, 2015.

1. treads Win User

Why isn't my laptop being offered the Win10 upgrade?

Is it only for retail versions of windows? I thought MS wanted to get everybody upgraded as long as their version of windows was valid, are oem versions not included in the free upgrade?

:)

treads, Aug 2, 2015

2. Failed to install the new preview build, error code 0xC1900107

If Win10 Anniversary Update (Win10 1607) isn't being offered to your computer via Windows Update now, your best bet at this point would be to stay with Win10 1511.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Is my laptop compatible for the Windows 10 Update V.1607?

Then why doesn't C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab <=this folder have a Created date of September 2015 (vs. October 2016)?

The above notwithstanding...

If Win10 1607 isn't being offered via Windows Update, you could try using the
    Update Assistant
    to
    upgrade from Win10 1511 to Win10 1607. YMMV

Good luck!

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Why isn't my laptop being offered the Win10 upgrade?

OEM versions of Windows 7/8.1 are included in the free upgrade special.

Is your version properly activated?
    Does your computer have the relevant 'stuff' to run Windows 10?

If the answer to these questions is 'yes' and you haven't yet received your free notification to upgrade, then download Windows 10 from Microsoft and do it yourself.

There is plenty of documentation on this forum on how to do this safely.

teachermark, Aug 2, 2015
  5. just a waiting game unless you want to do it manually as above

my tablet with full windows has not received it either yet

paulsalter, Aug 2, 2015
  6. Borg 386 Win User
    If you want, you can check out the tutorial here & start the upgrade process. Be sure to upgrade directly with the media creation tool before making an ISO (if you so choose). If you upgrade via disk/USB, Win 10 will not be activated.

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

Borg 386, Aug 2, 2015
  7. treads Win User
    hmm , maybe retail versions were prioritised over pre-installed versions.

treads, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Why isn't my laptop being offered the Win10 upgrade?

1. Why isn't my laptop being offered the Win10 upgrade? - Similar Threads - Why isn't laptop

2. My new HP Windows 11 21H2 laptop is not being offered the upgrade to 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new HP Windows 11 21H2 laptop is not being offered the upgrade to 22H2: My new HP Windows 11 21H2 laptop is not being offered the upgrade to 22H2 despite 21H2 having reached end of service in October 2023. 1 I recently switched on the new laptop for the first time out-of-the-box, it shipped with Windows 11 Home Version 21H2 OS Build 22000.9...
  3. My new HP Windows 11 21H2 laptop is not being offered the upgrade to 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My new HP Windows 11 21H2 laptop is not being offered the upgrade to 22H2: My new HP Windows 11 21H2 laptop is not being offered the upgrade to 22H2 despite 21H2 having reached end of service in October 2023. 1 I recently switched on the new laptop for the first time out-of-the-box, it shipped with Windows 11 Home Version 21H2 OS Build 22000.9...
  4. Why is My laptop being laggy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is My laptop being laggy: I have been playing valorant in my laptop and then after a update which i got yesterday the laptops fps is so low. while playing it comes to below 10 fps. Even when i launched gta v today it was so laggy. Please find a solution for me...
  5. Why is My laptop being laggy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is My laptop being laggy: I have been playing valorant in my laptop and then after a update which i got yesterday the laptops fps is so low. while playing it comes to below 10 fps. Even when i launched gta v today it was so laggy. Please find a solution for me...
  6. Why isn't my laptop turning on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't my laptop turning on?: Whenever I try to turn on my laptop it doesn't want to. I've tried taking out the battery and plugging in the charger and then swapping them but they both won't work. I also held the power button for a min each time I would swap. I don't know what do, please help...
  7. Why isn't my laptop turning on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why isn't my laptop turning on?: Whenever I try to turn on my laptop it doesn't want to. I've tried taking out the battery and plugging in the charger and then swapping them but they both won't work. I also held the power button for a min each time I would swap. I don't know what do, please help...
  8. Win10 isn't activated after my hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 isn't activated after my hardware upgrade: Hi everyone, I've gone through a hardware upgrade replacing my motherboard, CPU and RAM. This caused Windows to have trouble recognizing my license. I've used the troubleshoot assistant, but it couldn't help me out. My error code from the assistant: 0xC0EA000A I'm...
  9. I'm currently at 18309 and my PC isn't being offered 18312

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm currently at 18309 and my PC isn't being offered 18312: I'm currently at 18309 and my PC isn't being offered 18312 Ran troubleshooting but no problem was identified Any ideas? 125202
  10. Why Isn't My Canoscan N650U working on Win10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Isn't My Canoscan N650U working on Win10?: Because Canon hasn't made drivers for it I suppose. That's what Canon says when I go there looking for drivers. Well, say it by implication, in fact I can't find the product listed for them to say anything about it either way. So why do I ask? Well because Win10 told me,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why isnt windows 10 october 2018 being offered