Windows 10: Why isn't my Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 USB B Port Compatible with Apple Adapter?

Discus and support Why isn't my Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 USB B Port Compatible with Apple Adapter? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Apple USB B to Ethernet adapter that I used on my Mac before I purchased my surface, it works perfectly well on my Apple product but not on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cris250, May 21, 2019.

1. Cris250 Win User

Why isn't my Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 USB B Port Compatible with Apple Adapter?

I have an Apple USB B to Ethernet adapter that I used on my Mac before I purchased my surface, it works perfectly well on my Apple product but not on my surface. Is there a driver I can apply to make it work?

:)

Cris250, May 21, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Announcing availability of the Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, May 21, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Why isn't my Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 USB B Port Compatible with Apple Adapter? :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, May 21, 2019
  4. Why isn't my Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 USB B Port Compatible with Apple Adapter?

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Why isn't my Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 USB B Port Compatible with Apple Adapter?

1. Why isn't my Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 USB B Port Compatible with Apple Adapter? - Similar Threads - Why isn't Microsoft

2. Every port on my laptop isn't working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every port on my laptop isn't working.: My pc ports are not working!!! helpSo 2 months ago I got a new laptop and I backup the old laptop files and ready to reset my old laptop so I did it but the thing that I forgot is the option reset my pc without my files so I just boot up my pc using a bootable usb device so I...
  3. 32UN880-B not working with Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    32UN880-B not working with Surface Book 2: Hi, the LG monitor 32UN880-B isn't working with my Surface Book 2. I've tried USB C and HDMI connections, in both cases the monitor is recognized but fails to show content. I believe it is the resolution, windows forces it to be greyed out or maxes out as some comically low...
  4. 32UN880-B not working with Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    32UN880-B not working with Surface Book 2: Hi, the LG monitor 32UN880-B isn't working with my Surface Book 2. I've tried USB C and HDMI connections, in both cases the monitor is recognized but fails to show content. I believe it is the resolution, windows forces it to be greyed out or maxes out as some comically low...
  5. USB port stopped working on Microsoft Surface Laptop purchased in March 2019

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB port stopped working on Microsoft Surface Laptop purchased in March 2019: About 3 months ago my USB port stopped working. USB drivers are current, not sure what else to do. Was told that the USB port could not be replaced....
  6. why isn't my headset port not working?

why isn't my headset port not working?: why isn't my headset port not working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-my-headset-port-not-working/6373a2b9-0491-43cf-b474-96484083a67f
  7. USB 2 port not working

USB 2 port not working: The USB 2 port on my HP Pavillion laptop doesn't work; Device Manager doesn't recognize the port but there is power at the port and it will run a charger. The MS USB Troubleshooter responds with, "The USB Controller is in a failed state or is not currently installed." I've...
  8. Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop: Today we are pleased to announce that the Surface Connect to USB-C adapter is now available in commercial channels and through the Microsoft Store Business Desk in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom. Add USB-C capability to Surface...
  9. Recommend USB 3 adapter card with USB 2 compatibility, internal USB

Recommend USB 3 adapter card with USB 2 compatibility, internal USB: (sorry if this is a repost) I need a USB 3 card with 3-4 external ports that are known to work with USB 2 devices, unlike the USB 3 ports on my ASUS motherboard. This card also needs to have 1 internal USB port. I don't need the 2x20 header connector that supports a cable...
  10. USB 2 devices not always compatable with USB 3 ports on Windows 10 PC

USB 2 devices not always compatable with USB 3 ports on Windows 10 PC: In troubleshooting problems with USB devices, I have read that the 1st thing to look for is an updated hardware driver. However, I have found that, before pursuing a new hardware drivers, the 1st thing to look for is if the device works after plugging it into a USB 2 port, if...