Windows 10: Why isn't my Search Bar Working?

Discus and support Why isn't my Search Bar Working? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My Search Bar opens for about 1 second-ish before closing. I don't know how to fix it, I feel like I have tried everything. Possibly unrelated but my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WillRichardson5, Mar 6, 2023.

1. Why isn't my Search Bar Working?

My Search Bar opens for about 1 second-ish before closing. I don't know how to fix it, I feel like I have tried everything. Possibly unrelated but my mouse is also freezing and lagging in some games specifically Destiny 2 and Valorant

:)

WillRichardson5, Mar 6, 2023

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Mar 6, 2023
  3. Jakub578 Win User
    Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, Mar 6, 2023
  4. Why isn't my Search Bar Working?

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 6, 2023
Thema:

Why isn't my Search Bar Working?

1. Why isn't my Search Bar Working? - Similar Threads - Why isn't Search

2. Why is my search bar in the task bar not working ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my search bar in the task bar not working ?: My search bar in the task bar is not working. Also, I am facing a problem during google meet while sharing my screen it hangs and neither it maximizes nor minimizes. Even windows remain the same but conversation stopes. Can you help why is this happening. Recently I noticed a...
  3. Why is my search bar in the task bar not working ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my search bar in the task bar not working ?: My search bar in the task bar is not working. Also, I am facing a problem during google meet while sharing my screen it hangs and neither it maximizes nor minimizes. Even windows remain the same but conversation stopes. Can you help why is this happening. Recently I noticed a...
  4. Why isn't my Search Bar Working?

in Cortana
    Why isn't my Search Bar Working?: My Search Bar opens for about 1 second-ish before closing. I don't know how to fix it, I feel like I have tried everything. Possibly unrelated but my mouse is also freezing and lagging in some games specifically Destiny 2 and Valorant...
  5. Why isn't my Search Bar Working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why isn't my Search Bar Working?: My Search Bar opens for about 1 second-ish before closing. I don't know how to fix it, I feel like I have tried everything. Possibly unrelated but my mouse is also freezing and lagging in some games specifically Destiny 2 and Valorant...
  6. Search bar isn't working perfectly

in Cortana
    Search bar isn't working perfectly: Whenever I type anything on search bar it turns blank,this issue is occuring from the time I had updated to 20h2,recently I had contacted my pc manufacturerHP as my pc was under warranty.After many remote test my hp agents,they send HP engineer to my home,to check my...
  7. My task bar isn't working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My task bar isn't working.: My task bar isn't working. There are no shortcut icons on it. I can't access "File Explorer" and I can't open documents on the desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-task-bar-isnt-working/9c7828b4-5649-40e6-8cef-5b246d63df4f
  8. Why isn't Search bar changing???

in Cortana
    Why isn't Search bar changing???: Hey! After the 20H2 update, almost every PCs have the search bar changed from 'Type here to search' to 'Search'. But...why isn't it changing on mine?? Even my brother's changed, my classmate's changed, and why is it not changing on mine?!! Please tell me any solutions. I...
  9. Quick search isn't available in search bar

in Cortana
    Quick search isn't available in search bar: I upgraded my Windows 10 to version 2004. but I still can't get quick search option in Windows search bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-search-isnt-available-in-search-bar/4709c6f9-bd80-4dac-b9ea-536d99602088
  10. My Windows 10 search bar still isn't working

in Cortana
    My Windows 10 search bar still isn't working: I understand there was a Microsoft problem on Feb. 5, 2020 regarding the Windows 10 search bar appearing as a black screen. Well, my system has been powered off and it is still a black screen. Why isn't Microsoft addressing this?...