Windows 10: Why isnt my sound not working?

Discus and support Why isnt my sound not working? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am making a forum post in regards to my Windows 10 sound failing to work. Even when I unplug my headphones, nothing will play. The only time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Endless Bart, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Why isnt my sound not working?

Hello,

I am making a forum post in regards to my Windows 10 sound failing to work. Even when I unplug my headphones, nothing will play. The only time I hear sound is when I plug my headphones into my microphone, the Blue Yeti. I have researched and tried multiple help guides for 2 hours. I have restarted my computer multiple times, enabled/disabled all my other sound devices. I have also run batch files that restart razer surround sound. The headphones that I use are the Razer Kraken V2, and my computer link is: https://www.dell.com/en-au/shop/cty/pdp/spd/inspiron-15-7567-laptop/z511270au

Please help! Thank you!

:)

Endless Bart, Oct 12, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Why isnt my sound not working? :p

cadaveca, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Oct 12, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

Why isnt my sound not working?

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Why isnt my sound not working?

1. Why isnt my sound not working? - Similar Threads - Why isnt sound

2. why isnt my product key working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why isnt my product key working: i was gifted a windows 11 pro and whenever i try to avtivate windows it says that it isnt valid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-my-product-key-working/57f41a35-4410-4202-8024-f556b2e97530
  3. why isnt my product key working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why isnt my product key working: i was gifted a windows 11 pro and whenever i try to avtivate windows it says that it isnt valid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-my-product-key-working/57f41a35-4410-4202-8024-f556b2e97530
  4. WHY ISNT MY TOUCHPAD WORKING?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY ISNT MY TOUCHPAD WORKING?: My hp laptop touchpad was glitching at first about 2 days ago , today it worked and was still glitching then it just stopped working and the mouse pointer is not showing on the screen anymore . The “Touchpad” in the Settings> Devices isn’t there anymore and “Mice and other...
  5. WHY ISNT MY TOUCHPAD WORKING?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHY ISNT MY TOUCHPAD WORKING?: My hp laptop touchpad was glitching at first about 2 days ago , today it worked and was still glitching then it just stopped working and the mouse pointer is not showing on the screen anymore . The “Touchpad” in the Settings> Devices isn’t there anymore and “Mice and other...
  6. WHY ISNT MY TOUCHPAD WORKING?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. No Sound And Mic Isnt Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound And Mic Isnt Working: My sound isnt working in any apps and my mic isnt working in any apps either. When I try and test mic in settings it shows that there is sound coming from my mic but when I go into discord it says there isnt any sound at all. Also my sound isnt working in any apps but when I...
  8. my video sound isnt working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my video sound isnt working: i just made a video on my computer but it's not playing the sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-video-sound-isnt-working/fa6a96e4-8c73-40a3-897a-10316b80f6ab
  9. sound isnt working

sound isnt working: My PC sound isn't working and I've tried everything. I've uninstalled it and restarted my PC like 100 times. I know my headset isn't the problem either because I plugged in a different one and it still didn't work. At this point I've considered buying a new PC. If anyone can...
  10. Why isnt my number 3 working?

Why isnt my number 3 working?: I have tried using different keyboards and also tried using on-screen keyboard, the number three does not register. The hash tag symbol works when i press shift+3. I also went to ease of access and made sure the box was unchecked. I have a logitech G602 mouse and tried using...