Windows 10: Why Isn't Quick Access a Treeview (and how can I make it one)?

Discus and support Why Isn't Quick Access a Treeview (and how can I make it one)? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Version 1909 build 18363.900 It would be so much handier to use Quick Access for my most-used folders if they would actually expand when I click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GollyRojer, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Why Isn't Quick Access a Treeview (and how can I make it one)?

Version 1909 build 18363.900

It would be so much handier to use Quick Access for my most-used folders if they would actually expand when I click on them. Is there a way to make that happen?

Why Isn't Quick Access a Treeview (and how can I make it one)? [​IMG]

:)

GollyRojer, Jul 3, 2020

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jul 3, 2020
  3. update about Quick Access not responding

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Disable Quick Access.
    • Re-enable Quick Access.
    • Restart your computer, and see if it helps.

• For you to customize the Quick Access Toolbar, click
      here.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Why Isn't Quick Access a Treeview (and how can I make it one)?

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Why Isn't Quick Access a Treeview (and how can I make it one)?

1. Why Isn't Quick Access a Treeview (and how can I make it one)? - Similar Threads - Why Isn't Quick

2. How can I make File Explorer to default to Quick Access when saving a file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I make File Explorer to default to Quick Access when saving a file?: How can I make File Explorer to default to Quick Access when saving a file?When I want to save a file, I get this File Explorer window:It defaults to a D:\ drive, as you can see.Is it possible to make it default to Quick Access?Setting “Open file explorer to: Quick Access”...
  3. How can I make File Explorer to default to Quick Access when saving a file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make File Explorer to default to Quick Access when saving a file?: How can I make File Explorer to default to Quick Access when saving a file?When I want to save a file, I get this File Explorer window:It defaults to a D:\ drive, as you can see.Is it possible to make it default to Quick Access?Setting “Open file explorer to: Quick Access”...
  4. How can I make File Explorer to default to Quick Access when saving a file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I rename items in Quick Access folder?

How can I rename items in Quick Access folder?: I've found some discussions on that dated 6-7 years ago. There were no reasonable solutions provided then. I guess it's time to re-open the discussion and maybe do something about it?So, my question is...How or rather when I'll be able to:1 Right-click an item in the Quick...
  6. How can I rename items in Quick Access folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I rename items in Quick Access folder?: I've found some discussions on that dated 6-7 years ago. There were no reasonable solutions provided then. I guess it's time to re-open the discussion and maybe do something about it?So, my question is...How or rather when I'll be able to:1 Right-click an item in the Quick...
  7. Why is my quick access folder like this? How make it normal and see quick access folder...

Why is my quick access folder like this? How make it normal and see quick access folder...: Why is my quick access folder like this? How make it normal and see quick access folder while opening other folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-quick-access-folder-like-this-how-make/1c571078-086c-4c6c-bc31-fcb948e8c81e
  8. How can I rename the Quick Access Desktop Files?

How can I rename the Quick Access Desktop Files?: Cuz I choose the Chinese display for the first time when I woke my surface. I recovery my surface recently, and the desktop still shows the Chinese letter. It's really inconvenient when I'm trying to install software that required the English path. How can I change or rename...
  9. Quick Access is locked. How can I enable it to make use of it

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access is locked. How can I enable it to make use of it: The title says it all. There ia a lot of information on how to disable Quick Access, or loose it, sell it, hide it, etc. I also searched the Tutorials, and found nothing. Perhaps someone can direct me to the instructions, if they exist. Thank you. 114574
  10. How can I remove "quick access"

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I remove "quick access": How can I remove "quick access", or at least change the option to point to a file in the folder where I save it. Only after saving several files that were directed to "My Documents" (not on C:\ drive) did I find that I couldn't locate them. I finally found them on "quick...