Windows 10: Why isn't the location tab shown?

Discus and support Why isn't the location tab shown? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tomozoku [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k03gfz/why_isnt_the_location_tab_shown/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tomozoku, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Why isn't the location tab shown?

/u/tomozoku, Nov 24, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Nov 24, 2020
  3. idgat Win User
    Location Tab Missing from Almost All Folders

I assume your referring to the Location tab in the Properties of user folders .... Documents, Desktop, Downloads, Pictures, etc

If the tab is missing, it would suggest you're not looking at/accessing the actual user system folder, but simply folders that have the same name(s).

Do the folder listing(s) in Windows/File Explorer have the user system icon, or are they just plain common everyday folder icons?

Try restoring the icons to their default location C:\Users\username\

Note : "Restoring" doesn't mean simply copy/move > paste. The registry has to be adjusted accordingly. This forum has steps to do just that ...
    Restore Default Location of Personal Folders in Windows 10

Looking at this part, and having second thooughts ...

Yo don't "create" user system folders, you have to re-locate them from the original system location (as indicated above).

But if you're referring to everyday-usage user-created personal folders ..... they don't have a Location tab.

idgat, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Jakub578 Win User

Why isn't the location tab shown?

Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Why isn't the location tab shown?

1. Why isn't the location tab shown? - Similar Threads - Why isn't location

2. Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab: When I click to downloads it take me to OneDrive folder, instead of download. My Download folder's location changed to OneDrive and I can't change this ,because location tab is not showing....
  3. Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab: When I click to downloads it take me to OneDrive folder, instead of download. My Download folder's location changed to OneDrive and I can't change this ,because location tab is not showing....
  4. Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why is an Edge browser tab being shown up as a file explorer window?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is an Edge browser tab being shown up as a file explorer window?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LiterallyJohnny [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mh9oro/why_is_an_edge_browser_tab_being_shown_up_as_a/
  6. Location-tab in Properties

in Windows 10 Customization
    Location-tab in Properties: Hallo! I am using windows10 In all my property-windows I am missing my "Location3-tab. So I can't move certain personal files in a proper way. Can someone help me with this?...
  7. file explorer opens but it isn't shown to me

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer opens but it isn't shown to me: This problem has affected me of late without any updates. Whenever I open something, set it on chrome and having a folder open minimized it does not appear to me when I click on it at all when before this was not an issue whatsoever. The image below is before I have clicked...
  8. Default Save Location and Location Tab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Save Location and Location Tab: Default Save Location allows you to change which drive information is store on. But there is already a Location tab in folder properties to do that. You may need to streamline the default save location so you can do the same thing in Control Panel....
  9. No location tab shown on some folders inside User/username/

in Windows 10 Support
    No location tab shown on some folders inside User/username/: I want to move the User Data folder of Kodi to SD drive . The userdata folder is located in C drive under Users/username/Appdata/roaming/kodi However when I right click on folder and chose properties , the location tab is missing so I cant move it using this method. There is...
  10. Location tab does not appear

in Windows 10 Support
    Location tab does not appear: Hello everyone, On some folders the Location tab does not appear. I try to change the location of onedrive folder tab but the location is not displayed. Do you know why ? 30610