Windows 10: Why isn't the Microsoft edge shortcut staying where I want?

Discus and support Why isn't the Microsoft edge shortcut staying where I want? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/adhesh004 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hf5byp/why_isnt_the_microsoft_edge_shortcut_staying/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/adhesh004, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Why isn't the Microsoft edge shortcut staying where I want?

/u/adhesh004, Jun 24, 2020

2. Create desktop shortcuts to websites with Edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open a webpage in Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the three dots at top right corner.
    • Choose Open with Internet Explorer.
    • Right Click and click on create shortcut.
    • The shortcut shall open in Microsoft Edge, if it is your default browser.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Why isn't the Microsoft edge shortcut staying where I want?

Edge Shortcut disappeared

Hello,

It is possible that several system files have been corrupted on your computer causing Microsoft Edge shortcut not to appear. To help you out with your concern, we suggest that you open the Microsoft Edge and try to pin it to your taskbar. You may refer to
    the steps below:

• Open Cortana.
    • Type Microsoft Edge.
    • Right-click on Microsoft Edge and select Pin to taskbar.

After you pin it back, you should be able to use Microsoft Edge properly without problems.

If the issue persists, we recommend running the System File Checker tool
    to repair missing or corrupted system files on your computer.

Let us know the outcome and if you need further help.

Stephanie Sal, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Why isn't the Microsoft edge shortcut staying where I want?

1. Why isn't the Microsoft edge shortcut staying where I want? - Similar Threads - Why isn't Microsoft

2. Desktop icons not staying where I want them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons not staying where I want them: Hi there - I have just switched from a desktop to a laptop, and I have a number of icons on my main screen. However, I like these icons to be grouped in a particular way - for example, all Word icons to be together, all Excel icons together, a Citrix icon on the top right of...
  3. Desktop icons not staying where I want them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons not staying where I want them: Hi there - I have just switched from a desktop to a laptop, and I have a number of icons on my main screen. However, I like these icons to be grouped in a particular way - for example, all Word icons to be together, all Excel icons together, a Citrix icon on the top right of...
  4. Desktop icons not staying where I want them

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Keyboard shortcuts in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Keyboard shortcuts in Microsoft Edge: I thought this may be useful - it shows a list of all shortcuts for Microsoft Edge *Smile If you use a Mac just scroll down the page for more info Keyboard shortcuts in Microsoft Edge 159833
  6. I installed 1909, and Sticky Notes no longer stays where I want it to stay on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I installed 1909, and Sticky Notes no longer stays where I want it to stay on the Taskbar: After installing 1909, Sticky Notes now always moves to the far-left (1st position) on the Taskbar after Windows 10 is done starting up. I want it on the far-right. Interestingly, it starts out on the far-right, but then it switches to the far-left a few seconds later. What...
  7. Where is the Microsoft Edge's Start Menu shortcut located?

in Browsers and Email
    Where is the Microsoft Edge's Start Menu shortcut located?: So I want to change the Start Menu Tile background colour for Microsoft Edge. By default, it has blueish tile background. I want blackish/greyish tile background. Let me explain my need with the help of this screenshot: [img] See how Microsoft Edge's tile is blueish while...
  8. Where is the Microsoft Edge's Start Menu shortcut located?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is the Microsoft Edge's Start Menu shortcut located?: So I want to change the Start Menu Tile background colour for Microsoft Edge. By default, it has blueish tile background. I want blackish/greyish tile background. Let me explain my need with the help of this screenshot: [img] See how Microsoft Edge's tile is blueish while...
  9. shortcut for gmail in microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    shortcut for gmail in microsoft edge: Can I create a shortcut on Microsoft edge for gmail account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-for-gmail-in-microsoft-edge/9d7affcb-1684-4335-b5d3-6434b87b5254
  10. Microsoft Edge wont stay open

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge wont stay open: When I click the icon in task bar, EDGE search window will only stay open for about 5 seconds. Why? 10245