Windows 10: Why isn't the User Profile Name in the Navigation bar exactly the same as the User Folder...

Discus and support Why isn't the User Profile Name in the Navigation bar exactly the same as the User Folder... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I use Folder Options to display the User Profile in the Navigation bar of File Explorer, why isn't the User Profile name exactly the same as my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TF_950, Dec 8, 2020.

1. TF_950 Win User

Why isn't the User Profile Name in the Navigation bar exactly the same as the User Folder...

When I use Folder Options to display the User Profile in the Navigation bar of File Explorer, why isn't the User Profile name exactly the same as my User Folder name on the C drive? The contents of User Profile and my User Folder on the C drive seem to be the same, and I thought the User Profile would be just a link to the User Folder on the C drive, but not so.

:)

TF_950, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

Why isn't the User Profile Name in the Navigation bar exactly the same as the User Folder...

1. Why isn't the User Profile Name in the Navigation bar exactly the same as the User Folder... - Similar Threads - Why isn't User

2. my username isn't the same as in the users folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my username isn't the same as in the users folder: i got a laptop with windows 11 on it, and i name the account it the same as my username on this website and i look at the name on the user folder and it said 'Minec" i didn't type Minec but i am trying to install minecraft so it reminds me every time i look at it[Minec]raft...
  3. my username isn't the same as in the users folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my username isn't the same as in the users folder: i got a laptop with windows 11 on it, and i name the account it the same as my username on this website and i look at the name on the user folder and it said 'Minec" i didn't type Minec but i am trying to install minecraft so it reminds me every time i look at it[Minec]raft...
  4. 2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name: i have 2 startup folders in the same folder for some unknown to me reason. When i put in "shells:startup" in Run it opens up a startup folder thats read only and its empty whenever i try to change it to not be read only it just reapplies after the properties window closes...
  5. 2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name: i have 2 startup folders in the same folder for some unknown to me reason. When i put in "shells:startup" in Run it opens up a startup folder thats read only and its empty whenever i try to change it to not be read only it just reapplies after the properties window closes...
  6. Create a Windows Account/Profile with exactly the same user data and folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Create a Windows Account/Profile with exactly the same user data and folders: I have a single admin account on my laptop. I want to create an identical account with no admin access which has exactly the same desktop, application data and access to apps. So, for example, I'd like to be able to login to the new account, open up Firefox and all my...
  7. Change user name and user folder name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change user name and user folder name: My Lenovo/Windows setup has chosen a stupid user name for me, shortened from the first letters of my MS account ID. How do I safely change my user name on my PC, and more importantly, my c:\users\user folder name whilst maintaining my Windows account name for logging in etc?...
  8. User Profile Folder Name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Profile Folder Name: This just something I'm starting up in hopes that enough people will complain about it that Microsoft will change the programming to make it easier to get your User folder renamed. Because going through the hassle of creating a new user, backing up all your files in your...
  9. Why is the name of the folder in Users "change name"

Why is the name of the folder in Users "change name": Why is the name of the folder under Users = "change name"?? See attached [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/why-is-the-name-of-the-folder-in-users-change-name/8f767542-c7b9-4baa-8f8b-e4b2eaa7f240
  10. Why is the name of the folder in Users "change name"

Why is the name of the folder in Users "change name": This is the only User on my PC besides "Public". Why is it "change name"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/why-is-the-name-of-the-folder-in-users-change-name/e7070d11-0079-48fe-8e56-9459ec15b114