Windows 10: Why Isn't There an Option to Login as Administrator?

Discus and support Why Isn't There an Option to Login as Administrator? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; A week before, I signed out as an Administrator in my personal account. Now I for some reason am now unable to sign back in as Administrator. I tried... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MatthewOuano, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Why Isn't There an Option to Login as Administrator?

A week before, I signed out as an Administrator in my personal account. Now I for some reason am now unable to sign back in as Administrator. I tried cmd prompt, restart, and nothing changed. So any help is appreciated.

Why Isn't There an Option to Login as Administrator? [​IMG]

:)

MatthewOuano, Feb 19, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Feb 19, 2019
  3. Password reset option

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to enable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below command line and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active: yes

After the command line is complete, restart the system and login to the built-in Administrator account and do the necessary changes to your account. Again, restart your computer and login t your account and disable the built-in Administrator account
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below command line and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active: no

Check if it helps.

Please reply with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Why Isn't There an Option to Login as Administrator?

Microsoft Login

Hi Gourmage,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and then try to change the password.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Why Isn't There an Option to Login as Administrator?

1. Why Isn't There an Option to Login as Administrator? - Similar Threads - Why Isn't Option

2. Why MS blurred Login background and not gave option to reverse it?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why MS blurred Login background and not gave option to reverse it?: MS added this feature and made it default without option to set it back to what it was before. This feature is ugly and nobody likes it, MS added this feature based on 600 votes, WTF? So if you want your beautiful HD background back do this: Open the registry editor and copy...
  3. Requiring Administrator Login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Requiring Administrator Login: Hi Everyone, two questions: I'm looking to setup better security on my PC, as I use this for work. I have other Users on my PC as well, but am trying to limit their access when logged in without me. I would like anything that normally requires an...
  4. Administrator Login Issues

Administrator Login Issues: So my brother gave my mom his old laptop. Its in good working order, but there's a little problem. My brother's ex-girlfriend reinstalled or restored Windows 10. There are two user accounts on the computer. Hers, which is the Admin account and the default as well, and his...
  5. can't login as administrator

can't login as administrator: i can't login as a administrator and there are no option of family and other users in User settings,below i attached screen shots,pls help me to fix this [ATTACH] after that i click this i got only this error message. [IMG]in settings-->users there is no "family and...
  6. No Admin Login Option

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No Admin Login Option: Per a new software's instructions, I have to log in to Win10 as an admin before installing. I went in to a command line to activate or enable the "Administrator" account. But, when I restart the computer, there is no "Administrator" login option. I can only login under my...
  7. Administrator Login

Administrator Login: I mistakenly deleted my Administrator account. I want it back now since I can't take absolute control over my Laptop. 91156
  8. login as administrator

login as administrator: When installing Windows 10 a couple months ago, I don't recall being asked about being an administrator (I use a laptop for my exclusive personal use). I occasionally I get an error message saying I have to have "administrator privileges", including a password, when I try to...
  9. Connected printer isn't option to use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connected printer isn't option to use: We use a HP Photosmart 7530 and after downloading Windows 10 we have not been able to print anything with it. When we go to Start>Settings>Devices>Printers and Scanners> it does not show up when searching for it. It will show up under connected devices but there are no...
  10. No login options on login screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    No login options on login screen.: So ... my Windows 10 computer won't let me log in. I'm at the login prompt screen and there's no login box to type in a password. This is what I see. Every 30 seconds or so the screen "pulses." See this video. For some context, this started happening when I looked up...