Windows 10: Why Isn't There an Option to Login as Administrator?

Discus and support Why Isn't There an Option to Login as Administrator? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; A week before, I signed out as an Administrator in my personal account. Now I for some reason am now unable to sign back in as Administrator. I tried... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MatthewOuano, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Why Isn't There an Option to Login as Administrator?

A week before, I signed out as an Administrator in my personal account. Now I for some reason am now unable to sign back in as Administrator. I tried cmd prompt, restart, and nothing changed. So any help is appreciated.

Why Isn't There an Option to Login as Administrator? [​IMG]

:)

MatthewOuano, Feb 19, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Feb 19, 2019
  3. Password reset option

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to enable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below command line and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active: yes

After the command line is complete, restart the system and login to the built-in Administrator account and do the necessary changes to your account. Again, restart your computer and login t your account and disable the built-in Administrator account
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below command line and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active: no

Check if it helps.

Please reply with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Why Isn't There an Option to Login as Administrator?

Microsoft Login

Hi Gourmage,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and then try to change the password.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Why Isn't There an Option to Login as Administrator?

1. Why Isn't There an Option to Login as Administrator? - Similar Threads - Why Isn't Option

2. Why isn't there a reset option in the boot troubleshooter???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't there a reset option in the boot troubleshooter???: My laptop has stopped booting. I have tried to reset it but there is no reset option! Anyone no where I can find it??Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-there-a-reset-option-in-the-boot/ef9b877c-c5c9-4ae4-a4d1-d4e34f5aea45
  3. Why isn't there a reset option in the boot troubleshooter???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why isn't there a reset option in the boot troubleshooter???: My laptop has stopped booting. I have tried to reset it but there is no reset option! Anyone no where I can find it??Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-there-a-reset-option-in-the-boot/ef9b877c-c5c9-4ae4-a4d1-d4e34f5aea45
  4. Why isn't there a reset option in the boot troubleshooter???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Locked out of Administrator Account as the Administrator option does not appear on Login...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of Administrator Account as the Administrator option does not appear on Login...: I know the password of my Windows 10 Administator account but can not login into it because its hidden and i don't have another Login with Administrator Privileges and at Login Screen Administrator Account does not show ?...
  6. Locked out of Administrator Account as the Administrator option does not appear on Login...

Locked out of Administrator Account as the Administrator option does not appear on Login...: I know the password of my Windows 10 Administator account but can not login into it because its hidden and i don't have another Login with Administrator Privileges and at Login Screen Administrator Account does not show ?...
  7. Locked out of Administrator Account as the Administrator option does not appear on Login...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Administrator Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Login: I've been trying to do various tasks within my account on my computer, but when I try to execute something, a pop-up tells me that I need special permissions and to ask the computer's administrator. To start off I am logged in as the computer's administrator, therefore,...
  9. Administrator Login

Administrator Login: I've been trying to do various tasks within my account on my computer, but when I try to execute something, a pop-up tells me that I need special permissions and to ask the computer's administrator. To start off I am logged in as the computer's administrator, therefore,...
  10. login as administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    login as administrator: When installing Windows 10 a couple months ago, I don't recall being asked about being an administrator (I use a laptop for my exclusive personal use). I occasionally I get an error message saying I have to have "administrator privileges", including a password, when I try to...