Windows 10: Why It says My C drive has 17.1MB left of disk space, where did it go?

Discus and support Why It says My C drive has 17.1MB left of disk space, where did it go? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The folders inside the C: are 6GB, 1GB, 647MB, 20GB, and 567 MB. And my total C: space is 222 GB of space. So I don't think if you add up the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ancientPCUser, May 2, 2020.

1. Why It says My C drive has 17.1MB left of disk space, where did it go?

The folders inside the C: are 6GB, 1GB, 647MB, 20GB, and 567 MB. And my total C: space is 222 GB of space.

So I don't think if you add up the folder sizes it adds up to 222GB. So where did my space go? It should be more than 17.1MB i would think. It was 100GB and something before. i dont' know what happend.

I don't use C: for files , only for WIndows and programs. I have a second internal drive where i keep files, music etc.

Recently i've been using a video program to edit large video files. ALl i'm doing is cutting them in half. and then saving each piece back to mp4. But i'm not even using files in the C drive i'm using files in external drives and I do everything in external drives and in the secondary internal drive. Can that be the cause of this problem?

:)

ancientPCUser, May 2, 2020

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, May 2, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CWhy It says My C drive has 17.1MB left of disk space, where did it go? :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, May 2, 2020
  4. nseibel14 Win User

Why It says My C drive has 17.1MB left of disk space, where did it go?

Windows 10 Disk Management - cannot extend C: drive to allocated space

Hello, I followed all of the steps listed and it is still not working. The issue may be that the unallocated space is located on Disk 1 when my C: drive is on Disk 0 and I cannot seem to get them both on the same disk. Do you know if there is a solution
    for this?

nseibel14, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Why It says My C drive has 17.1MB left of disk space, where did it go?

1. Why It says My C drive has 17.1MB left of disk space, where did it go? - Similar Threads - Why says drive

2. My C: Drive has no space left

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My C: Drive has no space left: I recently noticed my C: Drive i.e OS drive ssd is full.I use my D: Drive to store my apps to keep my main drive clear.Searching shows me that its my user folder thats filling. i.e Microsoft Flight Simulator is the main culpritHow can I move this data to another drive?General...
  3. My C: Drive has no space left

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My C: Drive has no space left: I recently noticed my C: Drive i.e OS drive ssd is full.I use my D: Drive to store my apps to keep my main drive clear.Searching shows me that its my user folder thats filling. i.e Microsoft Flight Simulator is the main culpritHow can I move this data to another drive?General...
  4. My C: Drive has no space left

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Where is my disk space going

Where is my disk space going: So I have windows 10 and my computer says 175 GB of 232 GB free. That means 52 GB of disk space has been used. But, when I go into the disk, select everything and press properties and wait for it to completely load, it only says 42 GB. This lead me to wonder where the other...
  6. Why does it say that my C drive has 246mb left where did all of my storage go??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does it say that my C drive has 246mb left where did all of my storage go??: Since I got my new pc my c drive has been running out of storage for windows updates etc, Today I've been trying everything to free up storage in my C drive but nothing works sadly. The folders inside the C disk are windows: 25GB, users:7.2GB, program files: 5.5GB, program...
  7. Why does it say that my C drive has 246mb left where did all of my storage go??

Why does it say that my C drive has 246mb left where did all of my storage go??: Since I got my new pc my c drive has been running out of storage for windows updates etc, Today I've been trying everything to free up storage in my C drive but nothing works sadly. The folders inside the C disk are windows: 25GB, users:7.2GB, program files: 5.5GB, program...
  8. Why does it say that my C drive has 246mb left where did all of my storage go??

9. WHERE DID MY DISK SPACE GO

WHERE DID MY DISK SPACE GO: I went to go eat dinner and i decide to check my c drive for how much space it had on it, and it says 3 gb, which is pretty good because i never have any space on my c drive and mostly all of the space leaves just like this, so i go to eat dinner which took about 15 minutes,...
  10. Where is my disk space going?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where is my disk space going?: Hey, This is really making me anxious. Whenever I download a big application and then proceed to delete it, a few GB of space vanishes into thin air? What's happening? Please help I'm losing it. TIA submitted by /u/DaddieWaffle [link] [comments]...