Windows 10: Why key board layout switched suddenly?

Discus and support Why key board layout switched suddenly? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Grrr just had a go with gmail re locked thread.... I wanted to reply to a solution re quotation marks swapped with the "@" .... I found the thread in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MichelMunier, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Why key board layout switched suddenly?

Grrr just had a go with gmail re locked thread....

I wanted to reply to a solution re quotation marks swapped with the "@" ....

I found the thread in this forum but as stated it is locked! So I need to use a new question!

Some of the solutions were quite daunting for the ordinary user among which using the power shell .

But one such solution From Vijay ? a moderato also had a brief note at the end saying that the choice of layout can be obtain by using a couple of key combinations that would bring up a choice of layout . For me, in Australia on W10 Windows tab and space tab did the job! I needed English Australia US keyboard instead of

English united kingdom United Kingdom Keyboard! Problem so easily solved! And quite ironically Australia uses British spelling!

I'm not sure why this was not the first choice reply since one would try the easiest way first? But it was certainly helpful. and my thank you to him.

I seem to remember there were 3 such key combination to achieve this

Finally as he also stated, this would happen accidentally when one press those keys...

As for the compulsory choice of category to post this question I can't see it here but I seem to remember it was something like Advance Input settings

:)

MichelMunier, Jul 25, 2020

2. problem with switching keyboard layout with hot keys

Hi Iryna,

You've mentioned that switching the languages when a browser or Word application is open doesn't work. There are shortcuts that may not work if the program or browser has its own functions being used. Regarding this concern, we'd like to know if you were
    able to try using the Windows key and the Spacebar in switching the languages instead. If you haven't tried it yet, you may refer to this
    link.

Once you're on the page, go to the Switch between keyboard layouts or input methods section. The link will also provide you steps on how to add a new language on your computer.

Note: The steps listed on the link only shows for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 but it also applies to Windows 10.

Let us know if you have other queries that we can assist you with.

Eileen Gal, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Monitor Primary monitor layout switches upon second monitor power off

Hi alts63,

One of the possible reasons why your primary monitor layout switches is that the rotation lock option is turned on. In order to turn that off and fix the issue, please follow these steps:

1. Press Windows key + A on your keyboard to open Action Center.
    2. Click the Expand button.
    3. Click the Rotation lock to turn it off.

Let us know the result for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Why key board layout switched suddenly?

Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout

When I type in French I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard layout. This is what I have configured in my settings and it is what worked fine for me for years until a week or two ago (which suggests the April update may have had something to do with it).

Now when I switch to French I find that I am often in another layout which I believe to be the Canadian French layout, although I am not completely sure. It is similar to the Canadian multilingual with the most notable difference being that the è and the / are swapped round. I have never chosen the Canadian French keyboard in my preferences and it isn't listed there now. Canadian Multilingual is what is listed.

What's even more annoying is that the layout seems to switch randomly between Canadian Multilingual and Canadian French while I am typing, so I am never really sure what is going to happen when I try to type an è.

How can I get my keyboard to consistently be Canadian Multilingual when I am typing in French?

ricecrispies, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Why key board layout switched suddenly?

1. Why key board layout switched suddenly? - Similar Threads - Why key board

2. Key board

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Key board: While i was in class i was trying to ask a question so i was going to put a question mark, but it was _ this key and if i wanted to do that key its a question mark instead. how do i fix this?...
  3. key board

in Windows 10 Gaming
    key board: Using window 10 so any time i want to type a word it is always giving me two words for example if i want to type d it giving me sd,or if l want to type e it giving me rt vice versa...
  4. key board

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    key board: Using window 10 so any time i want to type a word it is always giving me two words for example if i want to type d it giving me sd,or if l want to type e it giving me rt vice versa...
  5. key board

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    key board: hi am using window 10 so any time i want to type a word it is always giving me two words for example if i want to type d it giving me ds,or if l want to type e it giving me ew vice versa...
  6. key board layout for Hindi

in Windows 10 Customization
    key board layout for Hindi: I want to know which alphabet is assigned to which key for Hindi and Marathi Language. Can somebody please get this information? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-board-layout-for-hindi/8b4c1f40-ba34-4b1c-91f7-04b5eae187d2
  7. Key board

in Windows 10 Customization
    Key board: My key board can not type h and g but toucan key pad is ok https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-board/b6cd9b99-fcc6-4e1c-ad7f-f77ef73c6691
  8. KEY BOARD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KEY BOARD: I cant type properly the special characters and symbol that show in the keyboard when I pressed show up a different sign https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-board/09f39dbf-a83b-4e45-a773-05e4e70e76bf
  9. Computer asks for Key board layout on startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer asks for Key board layout on startup: I recently upgraded to an SSD hard drive and installed it using a clone of my old drive. Now the computer asks for a keyboard layout every time it starts up. How can I get it to remember my keyboard layout?...
  10. key board

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    key board: Hi On my asus laptop keyboard the sound does not open it opens my gmail the bright and dim opens my search engine they are not functioning right i uninstalled and reinstalled same thing happens? Thank you TIMMY...