Windows 10: Why laptop hibernates again after wake up on AC power

Discus and support Why laptop hibernates again after wake up on AC power in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; It's very annoying and I am not sure is this because of 1903 update or my laptop grew old. Right after resume from hibernation, Windows 10 decides to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Pavel A, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Pavel A Win User

Why laptop hibernates again after wake up on AC power

It's very annoying and I am not sure is this because of 1903 update or my laptop grew old.

Right after resume from hibernation, Windows 10 decides to hibernate again.

Machine is connected to AC.

Symptom: in the event log: kernel-power, event 524 "Critical Battery Trigger Met"

The battery indeed is old and discharged, but I'm not going to replace it, it still keeps the machine running ~2 hours.

Dear Microsoft! When the machine wakes up on AC power -

no matter what is the battery state - do NOT hibernate automatically again.

Just stay on, keep charging.

Really hope this can be fixed before 2020Q1.

Thanks.

-- pa

The laptop is Lenovo G50-80 if this matters (I don't think so).

:)

Pavel A, Jul 31, 2019
  2. yakideo Win User

S4 (hibernation) USB/network wake up

Hi,

I have this annoying problem. When my computer enters the S4 powerstate (hibernation) I can wake it up by just clicking with the mouse. Even when EuP is enabled the mouse can still wake up the computer. After a night of sleep I find the computer powered on. So not only can the mouse wake up the system, it also seems that network traffic can too.

I thought that hibernation was like power off but with the option to save the RAM to disk. At least before I always need to push the power button to boot after hibernation.

Any suggestions?

Asus P7P55D-E
    Windows 7

yakideo, Jul 31, 2019
  3. Laptop no longer hibernates on critical power

Hi Mike,

The laptop's battery is possibly wearing out. Since you haven't change any settings, we suggest that you change the critical battery level a bit higher so that your laptop can perform a hibernation on a much higher percentage than the default. Follow the
    steps below:

• Type Power Options on the Start menu search bar.
    • Under Battery, click on Critical battery level.
    • Chang the default percentage to 10% or higher.
    • Click on Apply.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jul 31, 2019
  4. Why laptop hibernates again after wake up on AC power

Does Windows Update wake the laptop computer if the computer is on battery and not connected to AC power?

What if the product is in a low-power state (sleep, hibernate, etc.)? I know this wake timer will wake the computer if it is plugged in. Will Windows Update wake the computer if it is in sleep, even if the laptop is not connected to power?

Thank you!

MicrosoftUserAnthony, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

Why laptop hibernates again after wake up on AC power

1. Why laptop hibernates again after wake up on AC power - Similar Threads - Why laptop hibernates

2. laptop's ac power keeps turning off

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop's ac power keeps turning off: Hi, My laptop's battery is no good so I always use the laptop on ac power. It was working fine last night but today it keeps shutting down after a minute or so. I've just noticed the battery icon will start off showing the power plug next to it but then the plug...
  3. I put my laptop in sleep mode but then it wakes up again after a bit

in Windows 10 Support
    I put my laptop in sleep mode but then it wakes up again after a bit: I have tried everything Looking at the events, Making the time you have to wait. Into one minute I have a lot of apps open when I off it but I don't think that's the problem. Here is my computer stats Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500 CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.60 Ram: 16 GB (15.8...
  4. BSOD with internal power error at cold boot or waking up from hibernation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with internal power error at cold boot or waking up from hibernation: Hello, everyone: My device is Alienware 13 r3 with Intel i7-7700hq and Nvidia gtx 1060, running windows 10 64 bit 1809. Recently I got BSOD upon cold boot or waking up from hibernation. Direct reboot from OS usually is OK. I first tried to use windbg to analyze the...
  5. Hibernate waking up on mouse movement

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate waking up on mouse movement: i decided to test if hibernate would startup similar to shutdown (semi recently fan is being loud after semi long use, sleep is like it not turning off at all but shutdown it stays quiet longer, seeing if it would be quiet in hibernate like shutdown) but for some reason when...
  6. It Won't Wake Up! Again

in Windows 10 Support
    It Won't Wake Up! Again: If this is the wrong forum please move to the appropriate one. Yesterday my Dell Desktop refused to wake from sleep. Right click and the HDD sounds like it spins up but no monitor. I've made no changes to any settings and this just came out of the blue. Requires a Hard Power...
  7. PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate: A few Preview builds have been acting strangely. If I put computer to sleep or hibernate it wakes up by itself and keeps doing in the loop. Seems like it's happening during the night. Any idea? Thanks 105289
  8. Sleep/Hibernation won't wake up after longer sleeps

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep/Hibernation won't wake up after longer sleeps: Hey everyone! First of all I'm glad to see TenForums is around, SevenForums way back when saved me more than a few times and was consistently a quality board *Smile So I configured my PC and network to support Wake on LAN, and after a long time trying to get it to work...
  9. After resuming from hibernation, it hibernates again after a few sec.

in Windows 10 Support
    After resuming from hibernation, it hibernates again after a few sec.: Have an issue that I have not encountered before. After the machine resumes from hibernation, it starts to hibernate again right at the log on screen. Then I have to wake it again and it seems ok. Any ideas what setting can be the reason for this? 83740
  10. Sleep/Hibernation wake-up issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep/Hibernation wake-up issue: Greetings, Using HP desktop with Windows 10. Latest Fall Creator Update installed. After the latest update my machine wouldn't wake up after sleep mode. The screen is blank although I can hear "rumbling" in the background as if the hard drive were indeed on but I see...