Windows 10: Why laptop hibernates again after wake up on AC power

Discus and support Why laptop hibernates again after wake up on AC power in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; It's very annoying and I am not sure is this because of 1903 update or my laptop grew old. Right after resume from hibernation, Windows 10 decides to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Pavel A, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Pavel A Win User

Why laptop hibernates again after wake up on AC power

It's very annoying and I am not sure is this because of 1903 update or my laptop grew old.

Right after resume from hibernation, Windows 10 decides to hibernate again.

Machine is connected to AC.

Symptom: in the event log: kernel-power, event 524 "Critical Battery Trigger Met"

The battery indeed is old and discharged, but I'm not going to replace it, it still keeps the machine running ~2 hours.

Dear Microsoft! When the machine wakes up on AC power -

no matter what is the battery state - do NOT hibernate automatically again.

Just stay on, keep charging.

Really hope this can be fixed before 2020Q1.

Thanks.

-- pa

The laptop is Lenovo G50-80 if this matters (I don't think so).

:)

Pavel A, Jul 31, 2019
  2. yakideo Win User

S4 (hibernation) USB/network wake up

Hi,

I have this annoying problem. When my computer enters the S4 powerstate (hibernation) I can wake it up by just clicking with the mouse. Even when EuP is enabled the mouse can still wake up the computer. After a night of sleep I find the computer powered on. So not only can the mouse wake up the system, it also seems that network traffic can too.

I thought that hibernation was like power off but with the option to save the RAM to disk. At least before I always need to push the power button to boot after hibernation.

Any suggestions?

Asus P7P55D-E
    Windows 7

yakideo, Jul 31, 2019
  3. Laptop no longer hibernates on critical power

Hi Mike,

The laptop's battery is possibly wearing out. Since you haven't change any settings, we suggest that you change the critical battery level a bit higher so that your laptop can perform a hibernation on a much higher percentage than the default. Follow the
    steps below:

• Type Power Options on the Start menu search bar.
    • Under Battery, click on Critical battery level.
    • Chang the default percentage to 10% or higher.
    • Click on Apply.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jul 31, 2019
  4. Why laptop hibernates again after wake up on AC power

Does Windows Update wake the laptop computer if the computer is on battery and not connected to AC power?

What if the product is in a low-power state (sleep, hibernate, etc.)? I know this wake timer will wake the computer if it is plugged in. Will Windows Update wake the computer if it is in sleep, even if the laptop is not connected to power?

Thank you!

MicrosoftUserAnthony, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

Why laptop hibernates again after wake up on AC power

1. Why laptop hibernates again after wake up on AC power - Similar Threads - Why laptop hibernates

2. Laptop AC Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop AC Power: Should I always use AC power on laptop when it is available or drain battery , discharge it for sometime ?There are these in my laptop manual.- Use AC power whenever possible, reserving battery for mobile use.- Excessive recharging decreases the battery life....
  3. Laptop AC Power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop AC Power: Should I always use AC power on laptop when it is available or drain battery , discharge it for sometime ?There are these in my laptop manual.- Use AC power whenever possible, reserving battery for mobile use.- Excessive recharging decreases the battery life....
  4. Laptop AC Power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop keeps crashing after waking up from hibernation.

Laptop keeps crashing after waking up from hibernation.: Hello guys. Ive been having this issue after installing a new ram stick into my system. I had 16gb single channel and I bought another one. Ever since installed the new ram in Ive been getting BSOD. I also installed an SSD in which I havent put anything besides one game. I've...
  6. Hibernation Wake With Power Button

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hibernation Wake With Power Button: So I often use the hibernation feature over the sleep feature, and I've had a small problem. Whenever I try to use hibernation on my desktop, it wakes on any mouse movement. This leads to it almost always randomly turning back on while I'm in bed or something. On my laptop I...
  7. Laptop Hibernates automatically, even on AC power.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Hibernates automatically, even on AC power.: My system hibernates even when on AC power.Even log shows following:Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 11/16/2021 6:04:37 PM Event ID: 524 Task Category: 223 Level: Information Keywords: 1024,4 User: SYSTEM Computer: kha333n Description: Critical...
  8. Laptop Hibernates automatically, even on AC power.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Hibernates automatically, even on AC power.: My system hibernates even when on AC power.Even log shows following:Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 11/16/2021 6:04:37 PM Event ID: 524 Task Category: 223 Level: Information Keywords: 1024,4 User: SYSTEM Computer: kha333n Description: Critical...
  9. Laptop Hibernates automatically, even on AC power.

10. Hibernate Mode - wake up after hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate Mode - wake up after hibernate: I want to take advantage of fast startup and I have enabled it in the power settings. When I shutdown the machine, it goes to hibernate mode. To restart the machine, I have to first press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds, which terminates the hibernation and...