Windows 10: Why make it so HARD Mail APP

Discus and support Why make it so HARD Mail APP in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 Outlook user. 365 account Using from desktop. When choosing to send a page from onenote required to use MAIL APP.. Successfully tied... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by johngies, Feb 12, 2020.

1. johngies Win User

Why make it so HARD Mail APP

Windows 10 Outlook user. 365 account Using from desktop.

When choosing to send a page from onenote required to use MAIL APP..

Successfully tied that to my Outlook account AND turned off notification in MAIL APP. I am still getting an image and sound on right side of screen from mail app. This is extremely annoying.

How do I turn of ALL notifications from the Mail app yet keep the notifications from Outlook.

Thank you in advance

John

:)

johngies, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Why make it so HARD Mail APP :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Feb 12, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Why make it so HARD Mail APP - Similar Threads - Why HARD Mail

2. Why....WHY does M$ make it so difficult?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why....WHY does M$ make it so difficult?: I had to totally reinstall winBLOWS because M$ has **** QA before releasing updates. Ok, great. Now, I am constantly trying to make Firefox my default browser because, well, M$ sucks. SUCKS. I want as few of their products on my machine as possible. I even had a tech do...
  3. Why do they make it so B****Y difficult

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why do they make it so B****Y difficult: We can't activate Windows on this device because we can't connect to your organisations activation server. Make sure that you're connected to you're connected to your organisations Network and try again. If You continue having problems with activation, contact your...
  4. Why is my Mail storage so high? 35GB?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my Mail storage so high? 35GB?: I'm cleaning up my Surface Pro 4 due to storage getting high. I noticed that my Mail storage is at 35GB. I don't know why it would be this much. I do not even use my Windows email account. I do use Outlook 2013 for work. Outlook shows my mailbox size to be about 4.8GB. Does...
  5. Why is it so hard to buy a different subscription?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why is it so hard to buy a different subscription?: I just bought a computer with Windows 10 Home, and I've activated the trial for Office 365. My account has be down for recurring payments for the 5-device version. I want to buy the subscription to the 1-device version. However, when I try to get a different payment plan, I'm...
  6. why is so hard to keep a favorite pass word?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why is so hard to keep a favorite pass word?: I have no Ideal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/why-is-so-hard-to-keep-a-favorite-pass-word/4dc5d91d-88fc-45e4-bf14-3e0535205b5a
  7. Why does Microsoft make utility to make Windows 10 image / backup / restore so hard to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Microsoft make utility to make Windows 10 image / backup / restore so hard to...: Here is where they hid it, have a 8GB or bigger thumb drive right click windows, go to search input "create recovery drive" follow prompts. Takes a while to make but worth in especially if have single drive, makes a boot drive to help restore rest of files backed up on...
  8. Why do you make Windows so vulnerable?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why do you make Windows so vulnerable?: Excess apps that cannot be uninstalled are a security threat. Windows 10 is way too invasive has loads of features that I would call Apps such as Cortana and Edge I would dearly love to uninstall. I do not just want to disable them. I want to uninstall them to my mind...
  9. Why is the new Outlook Mail so slow?

in Browsers and Email
    Why is the new Outlook Mail so slow?: Ever since Outlook got updated (some weeks ago), it's been running incredibly slow and lags my entire browser. Anyone else have this happen, and is there anything to fix this? 58843
  10. Why is the Windows 10 Mail app so slow?

in Browsers and Email
    Why is the Windows 10 Mail app so slow?: When I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I started using the built-in Windows 10 Mail app. It's got a nice user interface. However, I'm finding that it takes FOREVER to sync. Well... around 10 minutes. I have 3 Gmail accounts and one Time Warner Cable account. All IMAP...