Windows 10: Why make it so HARD Mail APP

Discus and support Why make it so HARD Mail APP in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 Outlook user. 365 account Using from desktop. When choosing to send a page from onenote required to use MAIL APP.. Successfully tied... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by johngies, Feb 12, 2020.

1. johngies Win User

Why make it so HARD Mail APP

Windows 10 Outlook user. 365 account Using from desktop.

When choosing to send a page from onenote required to use MAIL APP..

Successfully tied that to my Outlook account AND turned off notification in MAIL APP. I am still getting an image and sound on right side of screen from mail app. This is extremely annoying.

How do I turn of ALL notifications from the Mail app yet keep the notifications from Outlook.

Thank you in advance

John

:)

johngies, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Why make it so HARD Mail APP :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Feb 12, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Why make it so HARD Mail APP - Similar Threads - Why HARD Mail

2. Why is Microsoft so hard to explore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Microsoft so hard to explore?: 1. I am trying to navigate through supporttrying to get into a live chat with a microsoft expert but this is just no where to be found. they will make me go tab to tab to tab to tab. Yes i had to emphasize that. I don't get it why can't I click 1 singular button to talk with...
  3. Why is Microsoft so hard to explore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Microsoft so hard to explore?: 1. I am trying to navigate through supporttrying to get into a live chat with a microsoft expert but this is just no where to be found. they will make me go tab to tab to tab to tab. Yes i had to emphasize that. I don't get it why can't I click 1 singular button to talk with...
  4. Why does microsoft make troubleshooting so god damned hard??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does microsoft make troubleshooting so god damned hard??: I do everything with pcs, short of making love to them. A prime example of just how bad youe customer service outsourced to inept people is:I got hit with a BSOD error. I went to event viewer to check out exactly what happened, googled the details. I was aghast to find out...
  5. Why does microsoft make troubleshooting so god damned hard??

Why does microsoft make troubleshooting so god damned hard??: I do everything with pcs, short of making love to them. A prime example of just how bad youe customer service outsourced to inept people is:I got hit with a BSOD error. I went to event viewer to check out exactly what happened, googled the details. I was aghast to find out...
  6. WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET HELP: i am a disabled combat vetern, ive beeeeeeeen asksing for help since the 11th of december when i bought my laptop, sombody is on my laptop i cannot us my voice to type with ina i cant us i=mty hadshands, thank to an ied but nobdy will help me...
  7. WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET HELP

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET HELP: i am a disabled combat vetern, ive beeeeeeeen asksing for help since the 11th of december when i bought my laptop, sombody is on my laptop i cannot us my voice to type with ina i cant us i=mty hadshands, thank to an ied but nobdy will help me...
  8. WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET HELP

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Why does the xbox game app suck so damn hard and why are there so many different xbox apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the xbox game app suck so damn hard and why are there so many different xbox apps?: All the apps seem to work weird or separately at times and my friends can't hear me ALSO I can't fix the audio timeout settings on the mic so when we talk it will cut in mid speech or cut out immediately after talking and it's horrendous like get your god damn act together...
  10. Why is the Windows 10 Mail app so slow?

in Browsers and Email
    Why is the Windows 10 Mail app so slow?: When I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I started using the built-in Windows 10 Mail app. It's got a nice user interface. However, I'm finding that it takes FOREVER to sync. Well... around 10 minutes. I have 3 Gmail accounts and one Time Warner Cable account. All IMAP...