Windows 10: Why make Windows Backup fail backup just because of a virus file?

Discus and support Why make Windows Backup fail backup just because of a virus file? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 detects a file as being a virus it isn't. I have told windows to accept the file. And after many hours of making a backup, windows tells me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by B_M_E, Mar 21, 2020.

1. B_M_E Win User

Why make Windows Backup fail backup just because of a virus file?

Windows 10 detects a file as being a virus it isn't. I have told windows to accept the file. And after many hours of making a backup, windows tells me it can't because there is a virus!

There is no virus on my system. If there is, I want them to stay. I just want a backup.

Apparently, Microsoft cannot create backup software that can make backups. They figure backups that are 3 years old are better than fresh ones with a alleged virus in it inside a zip file.

I guess I have to use third party backup software.

Had I been able to remove the built-in virus scanner, I would have done so a long time ago. It has only brought me problems. Never solved any problem or saved me from anything, ever.

So, how do I permanently disable the windows 10 virus scanner so I can make my backups?

:)

B_M_E, Mar 21, 2020
  2. Guitar Win User

Windows Backup Problems

Having a problem backing up Windows 7, need help. Basically, I am having the problem in which the backup will not create at all and fails at the shadow copy. This happens in Windows Backup using both the disk image backup and the personal file backup. It goes to maybe 5%-8% of Shadow Copy depending on the backup type and fails. The error that comes in event viewer is 0x81000019. Yes the disk is brand new and double the size of C:.

I tried the fix of making a new 490mb system reserve partition and that did not help (http://social.technet.microsoft.com...l/thread/fce6950d-c06d-4dd0-a850-67022db4fe04) I formatted the disk several times and that didn't help. I tried a third party program, Comodo backup, and that too failed to operate I would say based on the shadow copy service. I tried this fix as well (http://social.technet.microsoft.com...aac-a0af-4740-a331-2b14d604a846?prof=required) and I failed at the regsvr32 es.dll, regsvr32 msxml3.dll, regsvr32 msxml4.dll commands, and WMI Writer when using the vssadmin list writers command was not responding. I've also tried stopping and restarting the service.

Besides doing a manual backup using Acronis, which is not preferred at this point, I don't know how to fix this.

Guitar, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Geekoid Win User
    Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Why make Windows Backup fail backup just because of a virus file?

Trouble with Windows Backup.

i cleaned (i.e selected) everything, I suspect it was my post SP1 installation auto-backup files causing the problem, cleaned over 1Gb of system files and then windows backup worked without a problem.

2DividedbyZero, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Why make Windows Backup fail backup just because of a virus file?

1. Why make Windows Backup fail backup just because of a virus file? - Similar Threads - Why Backup fail

2. My Windows 10 backup failed because there was a "virus" in my files.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Windows 10 backup failed because there was a "virus" in my files.: My Windows 10 backup failed because there was a "virus" in my files. Even with Windows Defender disabled my backup still fails because of the "virus." False positives exist, ya know! When you try to do something with your files, I suggest to make it so that none of this would...
  3. Backup Fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup Fails: I have three PCs on my home network. Two of them are running Win 10 pro, and one is running Win 10 home. One of the Win 10 Pro PCs has an external hard drive connected to it USB that I use for backups using the Win 7 Backup and Restore facility. The PC running Win 10 Home...
  4. Backup Fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup Fails: I have three PCs on my home network. Two of them are running Win 10 pro, and one is running Win 10 home. One of the Win 10 Pro PCs has an external hard drive connected to it USB that I use for backups using the Win 7 Backup and Restore facility. The PC running Win 10 Home...
  5. Backup Fails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Windows backup failed - file in use

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows backup failed - file in use: Hi there. I am trying to backup my main PC through backup and restore in hopes of creating a similar environment on my laptop to carry around with me. I tried this more than once, the first time it hung up at 97%. I cleared up my external drive just a bit and it got past...
  7. Windows 10 Full backup fails because of skipped files

Windows 10 Full backup fails because of skipped files: Windows 10 Full backup fails because of skipped files, I am backing up files to a Western Digital Easy Store 4 tigabyte drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-full-backup-fails-because-of-skipped/6aa72288-970e-4cce-bd17-f1c28451a942
  8. Backup fails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Backup fails: Dear reader, Thank you to take some of your precious time to read my post and help me solve the following problem with the system backup Following latest windows update version: 10.0.17134 build 17134 ASUS T200TA ; Windows10 version: 10.0.17134 build 17134 There is no...
  9. Backup fails to backup files that are in a folder synchronized with OneDrive

Backup fails to backup files that are in a folder synchronized with OneDrive: Windows Backup seems to be working but it simply skips all files that are in a folder that synchronizes with OneDrive. All other files are backed up normally. I have reproduced this problem in three different laptops (all Windows 10 and latest Windows version). This problem...
  10. Backup fails

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup fails: My win 7 backup on a win 10 machine fails. There is an inadequate message. There is 375 GB free space. It stops after creating three folders. 72415