Windows 10: why microsoft defender is turned off?

Discus and support why microsoft defender is turned off? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I installed Malwarebytes. Can I have defender and malware bytes win 19041.546 167675 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by vicf1, Nov 4, 2020.

1. vicf1 Win User

why microsoft defender is turned off?

I installed Malwarebytes. Can I have defender and malware bytes
    win 19041.546

:)

vicf1, Nov 4, 2020

2. WINDOWS DEFENDER is turned off

Hi Ahmed,

Since you're not able to turn on Windows Defender as well, we'd like to know if you have made any changes recently prior to this issue. In the meantime, you may follow the steps below on how to turn on Windows Defender manually:

• Type Windows Defender in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Go to Settings and make sure that the Turn on real-time protection recommended option is turned on.
    Same thing with the other members who are having the same issue, we suggest that you check if the service was setup to
    Automatic in the Services option. Please follow the steps that we've provided last
    September 3, 2017.

Let us know how if you were able to turn it on properly by changing the Startup type to Automatic.

Eileen Gal, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Windows Defender of Windows 10 stoped working and is not turning on

Hello NasirMahmood1,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

Have you installed any third party anti-virus software?

Step 1: Turn Windows Defender Service On.

Initially, we need to check with the status of
    Windows Defender Service which might be stopping the defender to turn on.

• Press Windows key + R and type
      services.msc and press Enter key.
    • Search for Windows Defender Service and check if it has been started.
    • Right click on Windows Defender Service and click on
      Restart.

Step 2: Turn On Windows Defender Antivirus using Group Policy.

As you are on Windows 10 Pro build, I would suggest
    gpedit.msc
    settings from the following link and set it to Disabled or not configured to
    turn on real time protection setting. Follow the steps mentioned under
    Disable real-time protection from the article-
    Enable and configure antivirus always-on protection and monitoring

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Nov 4, 2020
  4. zebal Win User

How to disable/turn off Microsoft Defender

To disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus follow bellow steps:

Turn On or Off Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10

press: Windows key
    type: gpedit.msc
    right click on gpedit.msc and run as Administrator
    Expand and click on following node:
    Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Microsoft Defender Antivirus

On the right side double click on:
    Turn off Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Click on Enabled radio button and press OK
    reboot system for changes to take effect

zebal, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

1. why microsoft defender is turned off? - Similar Threads - why microsoft defender

2. Microsoft Defender Antivirus turned off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus turned off: I don't have the option to enable Microsoft Defender Antivirus in my Windows Security settings.I've poked around on the internet and nothing has yielded results. I've gone through and given it a scan with Malwarebytes, made sure that security settings are enabled in the...
  3. Microsoft Defender Antivirus turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus turned off: I don't have the option to enable Microsoft Defender Antivirus in my Windows Security settings.I've poked around on the internet and nothing has yielded results. I've gone through and given it a scan with Malwarebytes, made sure that security settings are enabled in the...
  4. Microsoft Defender Antivirus turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Turn off Periodic Scanning in Microsoft Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn off Periodic Scanning in Microsoft Defender: Split from this thread.I was advised by Norton 360 to turn off "Periodic Scanning": unfortunately the paths in this article do not seem to exist in my Windows 10 installation old, but up-to-date with all required updates. There is NO selection for "Windows Defender". Advice,...
  6. Microsoft Defender Turned off.

Microsoft Defender Turned off.: Microsoft defender turned off.When turning it on a message is appearing "Threat Service has stopped. Restart it now", but when restarting a dialog box is appearing "Unexpected error. Sorry we ran into a problem. Please try again."Now there's a Windows Security update, after...
  7. why microsoft defender is turned off?

in Windows 10 Support
    why microsoft defender is turned off?: I installed Malwarebytes. Can I have defender and malware bytes win 19041.546 167675
  8. turning off windows defender

turning off windows defender: [ATTACH]i need help because i'm not sure,if i turned off my windows defender will these threats comeback and be allowed? the other 3 at the top are removed or restored so please help....
  9. How to disable/turn off Microsoft Defender

How to disable/turn off Microsoft Defender: Hello users, would like to know if it's possible to totally disable Microsoft Defender (formerly Windows Defender). I don't want any engine scanning my files in the background as soon as I try to read some file and deleting them without further notice. W10 1909. 154302
  10. turn off defender

turn off defender: under settings windows defender does not give option to turn off, can someone help, also webroot paid version is running, will they conflict 88943