Windows 10: Why Microsoft Defender service stops from time to time?

Discus and support Why Microsoft Defender service stops from time to time? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/complexramification [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/complexramification, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Why Microsoft Defender service stops from time to time?

/u/complexramification, Jul 2, 2020

2. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Hi Andrew,

If I understand you correctly you are willing to disable Windows Defender from your system. I would like to know few more things to understand the issue in a better way.

• Why are you trying to disable Windows Defender? Are you planning to install any third party security software?
    • From where you have followed the steps to disable Windows defender using registry?
    • Are you logged in as Administrator?

The steps which you have mentioned to disable Windows Defender using gpedit.msc is correct. If you are unable to disable it then you may do that by stopping the service responsible for Windows Defender. Here are steps which you may follow to perform the
    same task.

• Press Windows key + R to open run box.
    • Type services.msc and hit enter.
    • There should be 2 services: Windows Defender Service
      and Windows Defender Network14.
    • Right click on each and press stop.

If you will stop the service responsible for Windows Defender then it will not run till it is stopped. Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Aug 6, 2020
  3. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Dear ramesh,

I too agree with Farah in that the options to start, stop Windows Defender are not clickable. There should be a way to stop the WD

Azad Rahimtoola, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Why Microsoft Defender service stops from time to time?

Turn off windows defender and alerts and stop service

Hi Clifford,

Follow these steps to start Windows Defender Service:

• Open Run command box by pressing Windows Key + R.
    • Double-click the Windows Defender service, and then in the Startup type box, click
      Automatic.
    • Click OK.

If it is already set to Automatic, then stop the service and
    start again.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Why Microsoft Defender service stops from time to time?

1. Why Microsoft Defender service stops from time to time? - Similar Threads - Why Microsoft Defender

2. Microsoft defender real time protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft defender real time protection: I'm not using any other antivirus program but windows sees something and ıt's blocking defender realtime protection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-defender-real-time-protection/e0b61079-a7e9-4f10-b8c6-f638de94e405
  3. Keyboard stops typing from time to time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard stops typing from time to time: Hello,I have a windows 10 professional, My keyboard stops typing from time to time. but when i go some search field in the internet it starts typing back. is there some solution to fix this problem....
  4. Keyboard stops typing from time to time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard stops typing from time to time: Hello,I have a windows 10 professional, My keyboard stops typing from time to time. but when i go some search field in the internet it starts typing back. is there some solution to fix this problem....
  5. Keyboard stops typing from time to time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Stop me from wasting time on defender offline

Stop me from wasting time on defender offline: Hi. Specs are asus core i7 premium laptop only around 10 years old. Was win7 pro. Upgraded to win 10 home about a year and and half ago. My mission was to eventually eliminate any issues left over after the original upgrade. And probably I chased some ghosts and caused some...
  7. Stop me from wasting time on defender offline

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop me from wasting time on defender offline: Hi. Specs are asus core i7 premium laptop only around 10 years old. Was win7 pro. Upgraded to win 10 home about a year and and half ago. My mission was to eventually eliminate any issues left over after the original upgrade. And probably I chased some ghosts and caused some...
  8. Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service won't stop real time protection although I installed...

Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service won't stop real time protection although I installed...: Hi, I have an issue with Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service scanning files real time. I am working with a program accessing thousands of files and each file is scanned by Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service which drastically decrease performance. I tried disabling it...
  9. Time service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Time service: We have a test for a Windows 10 workstation that syncs to a domain time server that requires that we disconnect it from the network for 72 hours. After about 27 hours there is a time change of 65 seconds. What reference for the time change would be used for a computer that...
  10. Why does time in Windows Defender differ from System time?

Why does time in Windows Defender differ from System time?: Hi! As you can see from the screenshots, time in defender is one hour in front of the current correct time. It has been like this for several weeks. The "Windows update" screenshot, txt meaning: You are updated. Last checked today 16.28 You will find the time for...