Windows 10: Why Microsoft I need a keyboard for every language?

Discus and support Why Microsoft I need a keyboard for every language? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just need some language for OCR, but I did not wanted to have a keyboard for every language pack.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dudu Do, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Dudu Do Win User

Why Microsoft I need a keyboard for every language?

I just need some language for OCR, but I did not wanted to have a keyboard for every language pack.

:)

Dudu Do, Jun 30, 2022
  2. Xylee Del Win User

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Jun 30, 2022
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Keyboard language mess up

Hi Julie,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community Forums.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • When you say that your preferred keyboard language disappeared or was deleted, did you try reinstalling it?
    • If yes, were you able to reinstall it?
    • If No, what happens when you try to reinstall it or any other keyboard language?

Kindly provide some more details so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, make sure that Windows is up to date. I would suggest to create a new user account and see if you can add/remove the keyboard languages.

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

We look forward for your reply.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderators

Peer_Sam, Jun 30, 2022
  4. RQT
    rqt Win User

Keyboard Layout

"Letters and numbers are all correct, but most of the other signs are misplaced"

This suggests to me that you are using the wrong "keyboard language" for your keyboard, and that therefore you first step would be to determine exactly what language keyboard you have. Possibly have a look at Windows Keyboard Layouts - Globalization | Microsoft Docs.

(The age of any laptop capable of running Windows 10 at all should not be a problem as regards keyboard layout)

Thema:

1. Why Microsoft I need a keyboard for every language? - Similar Threads - Why Microsoft need

2. Why sometimes I cant change keyboard language?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why sometimes I cant change keyboard language?: Sometimes I cant change keyboard language and my colleagues have same problem in our company on some notebooks. It is happening from time to time on some computers with windows 11. When we click on language bar and then languages expands - then click and choose one language -...
  3. Why sometimes I cant change keyboard language?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why sometimes I cant change keyboard language?: Sometimes I cant change keyboard language and my colleagues have same problem in our company on some notebooks. It is happening from time to time on some computers with windows 11. When we click on language bar and then languages expands - then click and choose one language -...
  4. Windows language keyboards changing every day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows language keyboards changing every day: Hi,I have installed Windows 11 with two language packs - English Canada and Bulgarian, because I need two keyboards layouts - "English Canada - US" and "Bulgarian - Bulgarian Phonetic Traditional". The issue I see is that some days, after I start Windows, I see these two...
  5. Windows language keyboards changing every day

Windows language keyboards changing every day: Hi,I have installed Windows 11 with two language packs - English Canada and Bulgarian, because I need two keyboards layouts - "English Canada - US" and "Bulgarian - Bulgarian Phonetic Traditional". The issue I see is that some days, after I start Windows, I see these two...
  6. Why Microsoft I need a keyboard for every language?

Why Microsoft I need a keyboard for every language?: I just need some language for OCR, but I did not wanted to have a keyboard for every language pack. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-microsoft-i-need-a-keyboard-for-every-language/0116b5f1-3b28-4208-a4d5-93996fb5c832
  7. Change language by wireless microsoft keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change language by wireless microsoft keyboard: Hallo, I have troulbe changing between languages by my wireless microsoft keyboard all-in-one media, shift + alt does not seem to work. Can anyone help? Thank you * Original title: change languabe by wireless microsoft keyboard all-in-one media...
  8. My keyboard changed language. Why?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard changed language. Why?: Hi, I am using a PC with win 10. I have a QWERTY Logitech keyboard. This morning the keyboard became AZERTY. I am not aware that I changed anything. I went to my settings, my main language is English (I also have French and Spanish as alternate). Could anyone has an idea...
  9. Need help with keyboard language.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help with keyboard language.: I'm having an issue with my Windows 10 keyboard languages. Before installing the 1803 upgrade I had two languages set: Greek and UK English. I did the upgrade and suddenly I have US English along with the other two languages. I tried to remove the US and it didn't let...
  10. Can't delete keyboard languages i don't need

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete keyboard languages i don't need: Hello All, Suddenly Keyboard layouts for US and UK appeared ! Tried every thing to remove them with no success Tried to edit register keys and removed the keys for the other keyboards but with no success I just need English and Arabic the first two Any help ?...