Windows 10: Why Microsoft not changing its start button logo.

Discus and support Why Microsoft not changing its start button logo. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; why windows 10 and 8 same logo start button plz say ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TManmadha rao, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Why Microsoft not changing its start button logo.

why windows 10 and 8 same logo start button plz say ?

:)

TManmadha rao, Nov 10, 2020

2. My Start Button is present, but has changed color.

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that start button and apps color changed also you are unable to access Windows Defender.

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing System files.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Also, I suggest you to check for the Windows updates and see if you are able to access Windows Defender.

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type Windows update.
    • select check for updates and install all the pending updates.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Microsoft May Bring Back The Start Button

One of the most noticeable changes Microsoft made to the Windows operating system in the latest version, Windows 8, was the absence of the Start button. For years, the Start button has been a constant fixture of the Windows desktop environment. Traditionally, the Start button enabled the users to see the Start menu which features the programs and applications they could start up and use. If you were missing the Start button, you might not have to wait too long for it to return to the Windows OS.

Why Microsoft not changing its start button logo. windows-start-button.png

There are strong rumors that Microsoft is looking to add the Start button to the upcoming Windows 8.1. Previously known as Windows Blue, version 8.1 is going to take their operating system to the next level. The addition of the Start button probably means that Microsoft has given into public demand and is bringing it back. However, that is where the good news ends. Microsoft is only considering bring back the Start button but not in its full functionality.

The Start button would only be used for accessing the Start Screen. This means that you won’t be able to view the elaborate Start menu characteristic of previous Windows’ versions. So, Windows might bring the Start button back but not the entire experience associated with it. However, this is hardly a cause for concern. After all, Windows users won’t change their operating systems just because of a Start Button.

When Microsoft first announced that the traditional Start button had been done away with, it did cause some controversy. The Start button made using Windows much easier, especially for new users. Its absence on the Windows 8 platform increased the effort a user had to put in to learn how to work. The Windows flag replaced the Start button. Coming to think of it, the new rumored Start button is going to perform the same function as the flag does, i.e. giving you access to the Start screen.

Originally, before Windows 8 was launched, Microsoft had said that the company had used feedback gathered from the Customer Experience Improvement Program when deciding to remove the Start button. The reversal in stance also seems to be on the back of user feedback. You would still have to wait until the first public preview of Windows 8.1 is revealed later in the year. Since Windows 8.1 is going to hit the markets before the end of the year, it shouldn’t be long before this news is confirmed

Microsoft May Bring Back the Start Button

micropage7, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Why Microsoft not changing its start button logo.

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Why Microsoft not changing its start button logo.

1. Why Microsoft not changing its start button logo. - Similar Threads - Why Microsoft changing

2. Why are my app logos showing as "unknown application" and not as its normal app logo?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my app logos showing as "unknown application" and not as its normal app logo?: Hi just have a quick question regarding my laptop with Windows 11 installed. Why are my app logos showing as "unknown application" and not as its normal app logo? As seen in the picture. However when I click the icon, it opens the application like normal. The problem is just...
  3. start button changes in W11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start button changes in W11: Before Windows 11, the start button was at the lower left corner. Very comfortable. I can’t seem to move it back there. Is it possible?Also in the past, I was able to click the start button, move up to shut down and that was all. Now, I have to click on start, move to a...
  4. Microsoft Start Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Start Button: Hello:I have problem when I left click the Windows button in the left corner of the screen. The button is not working. Also, I press the Windows logo in the keyboard and it did not work either.Alternatively, I am right cliking the Window button on the screen and can...
  5. Microsoft Start Button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Start Button: Hello:I have problem when I left click the Windows button in the left corner of the screen. The button is not working. Also, I press the Windows logo in the keyboard and it did not work either.Alternatively, I am right cliking the Window button on the screen and can...
  6. Why microsoft don't use their logo as the start button on Windows 10??

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why microsoft don't use their logo as the start button on Windows 10??: Their logo is stunning! perfect shape! love the 4 colors! and it fits to the fluent design! I really dont like the windows logo the blue/white angle version, it looks soo UGLY and OUTDATED! Square will always look modern! look at this video.. the logo of microsoft looks...
  7. Why microsoft don't use their logo as the start button on Windows 10??

Why microsoft don't use their logo as the start button on Windows 10??: Their logo is stunning! perfect shape! love the 4 colors! and it fits to the fluent design! I really dont like the windows logo the blue/white angle version, it looks soo UGLY and OUTDATED! Square will always look modern! look at this video.. the logo of microsoft looks...
  8. Change the microsoft logo on taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change the microsoft logo on taskbar: I just need a way to change the microsoft logo on the taskbar submitted by /u/Licenziato [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ij0lp7/change_the_microsoft_logo_on_taskbar/
  9. Start Button...Is it possible to change?

Start Button...Is it possible to change?: I've changed my start orb on Win7 using "Windows 7 Start Button Changer v2.0", but, repeated google searches yield no results that end in success for changing the Win10 start button. Has anyone had any luck?...or, for that matter, even tried? Thanks for any input. Guess I...
  10. Missing win logo start button next to search.

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing win logo start button next to search.: I have only one issue after four upgrades of windows 10 on four different computers. On one of my computers the windows logo start button is missing. It is probably an easy fix but I have not found it yet. The windows logo on my keyboard performs the same function, but it...