Windows 10: Why Microsoft, why? / Automatically switching system language and running updates in the...

Discus and support Why Microsoft, why? / Automatically switching system language and running updates in the... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Okay, so basically what's stated in the subject. Firstly, on two of my two machines running Windows 10, one time in the past few days I just turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tomislav Novak, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Why Microsoft, why? / Automatically switching system language and running updates in the...

Okay, so basically what's stated in the subject.

Firstly, on two of my two machines running Windows 10, one time in the past few days I just turned them on and Windows was no longer English localized. Not just Region settings, but the whole Windows was now displayed in my home language... I could have changed that myself if I wanted to, or install localized Windows in the first place!

Moreover, right now, a few minutes ago, for the second time, while I was just viewing a picture (doing my homework) Windows started to update (??) No notification, no warning, it just went on to restart as if I pressed "Update and restart"? I wasn't doing anything that wasn't saved, but, gosh, just to think of I could have lost all my current work if there was any..

:)

Tomislav Novak, Oct 8, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Oct 8, 2019
  3. avi12641 Win User
    Prevent language from automatically being changed

• Since Keyla has stopped working.
    • Two.
    • When I test if the language stays after switching between programs - I switch to a different program, then switch the language, then switch to the previous program.
    The steps you suggested didn't work, as I don't want to remove any of the languages.

avi12641, Oct 8, 2019
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Why Microsoft, why? / Automatically switching system language and running updates in the...

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Why Microsoft, why? / Automatically switching system language and running updates in the... :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

Why Microsoft, why? / Automatically switching system language and running updates in the...

1. Why Microsoft, why? / Automatically switching system language and running updates in the... - Similar Threads - Why Microsoft why

2. Remove an unwanted Language from language bar and Restrict automatic language switch in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove an unwanted Language from language bar and Restrict automatic language switch in...: I am using Windows 11 with English as the input and display language. I don't have Bangla as my language choice in my settings. But, I don't know how it automatically comes to my language bar! and not only this, the language is often found to switch automatically even if I...
  3. Remove an unwanted Language from language bar and Restrict automatic language switch in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove an unwanted Language from language bar and Restrict automatic language switch in...: I am using Windows 11 with English as the input and display language. I don't have Bangla as my language choice in my settings. But, I don't know how it automatically comes to my language bar! and not only this, the language is often found to switch automatically even if I...
  4. Why is Windows 10 switching between Enterprise and Pro Automatically

Why is Windows 10 switching between Enterprise and Pro Automatically: We have a lot of Windows 10 machines that come with Win10-Pro license included within the BIOS. These machines are then imaged with a Windows 10 Enterprise 21H2 image and connected to our network. What we're finding is these machines are switching from Enterprise to Pro...
  5. Microsoft blocks System Mechanic from updating. Why?

Microsoft blocks System Mechanic from updating. Why?: Microsoft keeps blocking my Spyware from System Mechanic every time and I update it. Shuts it down blocks my icon telling me I can no longer use it. How can I fix this and get whatever is doing this blocked and stop messing up my System Mechanic repairs? I am getting sick...
  6. Automatic Update Switch.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Update Switch.: Hi Community, Can anyone please provide a fix as to why the automatic update switch in the windows update, under the advanced options link keeps switching off when I close the screen. There are 3 switches and it is the middle one. Because of this I have to manually do the...
  7. Why does the Microsoft team not care about Windows 10 users' automatic update and system...

Why does the Microsoft team not care about Windows 10 users' automatic update and system...: I'm yet another person who has been victimized by Microsoft's "gun to your head"-update-in-secret policy yet another time. I go to bed and everything is fine. I wake up, and "Look, my computer has been restarted and all of my work has been lost!" I have turned off every...
  8. why won't updates automatically install

why won't updates automatically install: if there is an update why does it not automatically install??? all it ever says is waiting for install. no option to install now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-updates-automatically-install/6d0fece8-e693-46c8-aec3-6177e703d2b5
  9. why my system is not updating

why my system is not updating: my system is not updating ,wha should i do for that???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/why-my-system-is-not-updating/3aaa4b7d-eb74-411f-b441-62cf45bf46c5
  10. Why is System Restore not automatically activated as default?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Why is System Restore not automatically activated as default?: Is there a reason why system restore is not automatically activated as default in Windows 10? Does it work well or are there alternative solutions? My experience with Windows 7 was that it sometimes worked OK but not all the time and I had problems with recovery system...