Windows 10: Why mpam-fe doesn't work anymore?

Discus and support Why mpam-fe doesn't work anymore? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I don't understand why the manual update of definitions files for MS security essentials do not work any more since two weeks (the latest definition... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PieroCip, May 5, 2019.

1. PieroCip Win User

Why mpam-fe doesn't work anymore?

I don't understand why the manual update of definitions files for MS security essentials do not work any more since two weeks (the latest definition file that I've been unable to install is of April 22).

When I launch mpam-fe executable (all versions since April 22), it seems to do what it does: extract definitions files, launch Mpsigstub.exe and attempts to update the definitions.

However, a couple of seconds after, DW20.exe starts, and the update procedure fails.

Why MS ignores that many users still NEED TO USE Windows XP, as, for productive settings, it is a much more reliable and customizable OS than his successors?

What problem in keeping the WinXP built-in security application working?

The alternative, for me, as for many others, is NOT to upgrade to the kid's OS's like Win10, rather, to install external antivirus programs.

So, no money for MS, only disappointment for customers.

Piero Cipriani.

:)

PieroCip, May 5, 2019

2. WIN phone 8.1 update -> wi-fi doesn´t work

Hello!

Yesterday I installed WP 8.1 (Nokia Lumia 625). After updating my wi-fi doesn´t work anymore. The phone finds networks, but can´t connect. Where is the problem?

green-heart, May 5, 2019
  3. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, May 5, 2019
  4. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, May 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Why mpam-fe doesn't work anymore? - Similar Threads - Why mpam doesn't

2. mpam-fe (manual Windows Defender update) is failing to execute

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    mpam-fe (manual Windows Defender update) is failing to execute: Hello! My computer has been acting strangely and (I guess maybe) has malware, but I've been forum-digging all day to no success. (Specifically, Windows Defender won't turn on (greyed out), and won't perform any kind of scan (button is non-responsive), and that sort of thing.)...
  3. POWERCFG /ENERGY doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    POWERCFG /ENERGY doesn't work anymore: On one of my computers POWERCFG /ENERGY doesn't function (anymore). It returns immediately and doesn't create the expected output file. I have created a PowerShell test script that helps reproducing the issue. Here's the script: #requires -RunAsAdministrator...
  4. Why Doesn't Cortana Sing Songs Anymore?

in Cortana
    Why Doesn't Cortana Sing Songs Anymore?: Every time I ask Cortana to sing me a song, she just pulls up a Bing search. This has only been recent, seeing as she would sing a song before today. However, now when I ask her to sing, she doesn't. I'm using Windows 10 and whenever I search to try to find answers, my...
  5. Screenshot doesn't seem to work anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screenshot doesn't seem to work anymore: The last time I was able to take a screenshot was on Nov 30. They used to be stored in Pictures/Screenshots but that has stopped and I have no idea if the Fn + Prt Sc buttons no longer work or if the photos are now being stored elsewhere. I have spent hours trying to fix...
  6. Wifi adapter doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi adapter doesn't work anymore: I have an HP Pavilion15 Notebook PC and ever since I dual booted windows 10 and linux, my wifi has stopped working properly. (By the way I did delete linux a while ago and the problem persisted). It would work fine a bit, but then if i would play any sound on my computer...
  7. Bluetooth doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth doesn't work anymore: A few moments ago my bluetooth stopped workig. I already tried to follow your faq on how to fix the problems similar to mine, but nothing worked. Then I found this topic: click. It's identical to my case: after I disinstalled the bluetooth from Device Manager and rebooted...
  8. Printing through server doesn't work anymore

Printing through server doesn't work anymore: Hi everybody, I have a multifunction HP C5280 printer connected via USB to my router that has a built in printer server and it's a couple of days I can't print through it from my laptop anymore (but I still can print from my smartphone as always). The problem started...
  9. Scroll wheel doesn't work anymore

Scroll wheel doesn't work anymore: Hi, i've been searching this issue on Google with literal no topic about it so i'll just make the first one here: From a time i have an A4Tech V7 Gaming mouse that works perfect in Windows 7. Since a few weeks ago, after Microsoft deployed a patch on Windows 10, my...
  10. Win+X doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Win+X doesn't work anymore: pressing Win+X doesn't show the power user menu for me anymore. right clicking Start button doesn't work either, but when I do it, the mouse cursor jumps several pixels up and to the right. I did sfc /scannow and it didn't fix the issue. does anyone know how to fix it?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mpam-fe logs

2. why doesnt mpam-fe.exe work on XP