Windows 10: Why MS account now?

Discus and support Why MS account now? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After an update for Windows 10, after I get in using my local account password it says "add your microsoft account" There is NO option to bypass this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoeFisher5, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Why MS account now?

After an update for Windows 10, after I get in using my local account password it says "add your microsoft account"
    There is NO option to bypass this.

Any suggestions? So far Mr Google has been no help. No matter what the answers say, there is no fine print that says "use local account" In fact the only thing on the screen besides the box for the MS password is MS privacy statement. Just for grins, I clicked on that but the only option is to go back to the page asking for an MS password.

Even if I didn't mind that, the student''s dont' HAVE an MS account.

:)

JoeFisher5, Sep 3, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Why MS account now?

Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

Why MS account now? [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

Kari, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Why MS account now?

1. Why MS account now? - Similar Threads - Why account

2. Outlook gives error messages "access denied" and can't add one email account. Why and how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook gives error messages "access denied" and can't add one email account. Why and how...: I had Windows 11 Pro Canary insider version before this release version of Windows 11 Pro and same problem. Especially one account is impossible to add to the new Outlook *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. So almost every time when I open the Outlook it gives an...
  3. Outlook gives error messages "access denied" and can't add one email account. Why and how...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook gives error messages "access denied" and can't add one email account. Why and how...: I had Windows 11 Pro Canary insider version before this release version of Windows 11 Pro and same problem. Especially one account is impossible to add to the new Outlook *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. So almost every time when I open the Outlook it gives an...
  4. Why can't I log in to my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I log in to my Microsoft account?: My Microsoft account log in remains as a blank white screen and does not allow me to log in to link devices on my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-log-in-to-my-microsoft-account/b0ff3561-b5a3-4a52-98bc-a9935894455d
  5. Why can't I log in to my Microsoft account?

Why can't I log in to my Microsoft account?: My Microsoft account log in remains as a blank white screen and does not allow me to log in to link devices on my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-log-in-to-my-microsoft-account/b0ff3561-b5a3-4a52-98bc-a9935894455d
  6. Why can't I log in to my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Why can't I log in to my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I log in to my Microsoft account?: I cannot log into my Microsoft account. When trying to do so, the box remains white and does not proceed to the next phase, asking for my log in details....
  8. Why can't I log in to my Microsoft account?

Why can't I log in to my Microsoft account?: I cannot log into my Microsoft account. When trying to do so, the box remains white and does not proceed to the next phase, asking for my log in details....
  9. Why can't I log in to my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Why haven't my device logged of a lost account as soon as it became lost, now I can't even...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why haven't my device logged of a lost account as soon as it became lost, now I can't even...: I have been meaning to take screenshots of my issue here but the thing is, each screenshot I take is being stored in the user/onedrive - boun.edu.tr which is a lost email and I can't move it from there. So, I can understand the fact that the files are stuck since the school...