Windows 10: Why ms-resource: AppListName is showing on my Start menu?

Discus and support Why ms-resource: AppListName is showing on my Start menu? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just got my new laptop with windows 10 set up 2 days ago..... and this issue appeared.... is this normal anyway? and how can I fix it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EdwardHe, Aug 23, 2021.

1. EdwardHe Win User

Why ms-resource: AppListName is showing on my Start menu?

I just got my new laptop with windows 10 set up 2 days ago..... and this issue appeared.... is this normal anyway? and how can I fix it

:)

EdwardHe, Aug 23, 2021
  2. hachiroku Win User

MS People app appearing as ms-resource:AppListName in Start Menu

Why ms-resource: AppListName is showing on my Start menu? [​IMG]

Been having this for a while I think, I don't use the people app (nor do I use the Start menu that much else, to be honest, I use a keystroke launcher) just an OCD thing to fix really, if its possible. I've already tried updating all apps from the MS Store.

winver is 19042.789 Enterprise x64

hachiroku, Aug 23, 2021
  3. Start Menu Corrupted - ms-resource:appDisplayName

So after further searching , I found out the following odd facts :

So this is the odd app showing in start menu with several other missing apps .

Now few forums suggested this to be a sign of corruption example here .

So forums suggested too that there is a tool to fix corruptions called Start Menu Troubleshooter which wasn't easy to find .

Like always all MS Troubleshooters it managed to state the obvious :

So searching on for means to fix the corruption since Microsoft was vague enough about this I came across this page here :
    The odd thing is my old profile has an XML based setting file and empty database folder :

While new profile has no XML file but a database folder :

Any body came across these blahs before ?! @Brink think these are familiar ?

nIGHTmAYOR, Aug 23, 2021
  4. giusan70 Win User

MS People app appearing as ms-resource:AppListName in Start Menu

you made a good job. i had the same problem with my app people tile. i tried many solutions , then i unistalled and reinstalled it, to delete ms-resorce AppListName tile.
    After reboot people app did not appears to start menu list.
    your fix is the best solution possible. thank you

giusan70, Aug 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Why ms-resource: AppListName is showing on my Start menu? - Similar Threads - Why resource AppListName

2. Why is my start menu crashing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my start menu crashing?: Hey GuysAbout 2 nights ago i set a new wallpaper on my pc, and whilst doing this i have found a setting that said: Set as tile.I didnt know what was it so i clicked nothing seemed to happen. Later i tried to turn of my pc and it wouldnt do so because the start menu was...
  3. ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro: Hello there, A few days ago, my win11 was upgraded to the latest bate channel update, which is version 22622.601. But due to some inexplicable problems in the update, I updated it several times until it succeeded, and after this update, my start menu interface has changed a...
  4. ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro: Hello there, A few days ago, my win11 was upgraded to the latest bate channel update, which is version 22622.601. But due to some inexplicable problems in the update, I updated it several times until it succeeded, and after this update, my start menu interface has changed a...
  5. Why is my Start Menu Oversized?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my Start Menu Oversized?: [ATTACH] Idk how this happened but is there a fix to this? https://preview.redd.it/kt1vf6ed32561.png?width=787&format=png&auto=webp&s=645e6903fac33810bb007f08b8a00bae6af5a779 submitted by /u/FatBoi1013777 [link] [comments]...
  6. ms-resource:AppName in start menu

ms-resource:AppName in start menu: I uninstalled edge using this tool: Download Uninstall Edge browser for Windows 10 And now I see ms-resource:AppName in start menu, please help. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 2004 Version10.0.19041 Build 19041 [img] - - - Updated - - - I tried this too but it doesn't work: How...
  7. ms-resource:AppName in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    ms-resource:AppName in start menu: I uninstalled edge using this tool: Download Uninstall Edge browser for Windows 10 And now I see ms-resource:AppName in start menu, please help. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 2004 Version10.0.19041 Build 19041 [img] 167815
  8. My people app changed its name to ms resource - applistname Plz help .

My people app changed its name to ms resource - applistname Plz help .: I do the methods: First i unistall it, by using iobit uninstaller then, I install again by using ms store now the app is not available in start menu plz help...
  9. Win10 - 3 bad lines "ms-resources" that appeared in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 - 3 bad lines "ms-resources" that appeared in Start Menu: Hi All ! I am using Windows 10 Pro v1903 Build 18362.175 I have in my Start menu, 3 bad lines "ms-resources" that appeared at the bottom of the menu in the "Others" section. (see my screenshot, in French *Party) and it does not correspond to anything. No errors with SFC or...
  10. ms-resource

ms-resource: Impossible to get rid of "ms-resource" apps that appears after system restore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-resource/50a3b08d-fb6e-4d14-86d9-c469d411e6f4