Windows 10: Why must I set the language settings on the client running the Microsoft Remote Desktop app...

Discus and support Why must I set the language settings on the client running the Microsoft Remote Desktop app... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Regarding the Microsoft Remote Desktop App from the Microsoft store. In order to be able to get my keyboard working correctly on the server I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jan Kramer, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Why must I set the language settings on the client running the Microsoft Remote Desktop app...

Regarding the Microsoft Remote Desktop App from the Microsoft store.

In order to be able to get my keyboard working correctly on the server I'm connecting to via the Microsoft Remote Desktop app I must set the language setting on the Client (running Microsoft Remote Dektop) to English. Why is that?

I use the client (Windows 10 Pro) for various tasks so I must switch languages every time I want to make a connection to the server (MS Server 2012 r2). The Keyboard layout (US INTL) is exactly the same I had to set it up twice, once for my language (NLD) and once for English (ENG).

Did I mis a setting in the Microsoft Remote Desktop app, or must I make another configuration adjustment in order to avoid the tedious switching of languages.

:)

Jan Kramer, Sep 18, 2019

2. Remote Desktop Client App Doesnt play sound on device

Hi Kevin,

Based on the information you provided, we can try performing basic troubleshooting steps on the application.

We suggest that you follow these methods on how to resolve the issue:

Method 1: Clear app cache and force stop the application.

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap on Applications then select Application manager.
    • Select Microsoft Remote Desktop app then tap on Clear Cache.
    • Tap on Force Stop then restart your device.

If issue persist, proceed to Method 2.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the application.

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap on Applications then select Application manager.
    • Select Microsoft Remote Desktop app then tap on Uninstall.
    • Reinstall the Microsoft Remote Desktop app on the third-party store app.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Language Bar in Remote Desktop

With default Remote Desktop settings, I have no issues in selecting different language on remote client and host. In screenshot, my remote host is using its default Swedish keyaboard, at the same time allowing me to change it to any other installed language, and my remote client is using its default Finnish keyboard:

Why must I set the language settings on the client running the Microsoft Remote Desktop app... [​IMG]

(Click to enlarge.)

Both host and client allow me to set keyboard indepently to each and every application.

4. Why must I set the language settings on the client running the Microsoft Remote Desktop app...

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Why must I set the language settings on the client running the Microsoft Remote Desktop app...

1. Why must I set the language settings on the client running the Microsoft Remote Desktop app... - Similar Threads - Why must set

2. Display settings in iPhone Remote Desktop client

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display settings in iPhone Remote Desktop client: Hi,I wonder if I could set up the Microsoft RD Client app on an iPhone 12 as I did previously with the Parallels Legacy Client, which I found comfortable and which I am used to, unfortunately it is no longer supported :Here is what I have in mind:- iPhone in portrait...
  3. Display settings in iPhone Remote Desktop client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display settings in iPhone Remote Desktop client: Hi,I wonder if I could set up the Microsoft RD Client app on an iPhone 12 as I did previously with the Parallels Legacy Client, which I found comfortable and which I am used to, unfortunately it is no longer supported :Here is what I have in mind:- iPhone in portrait...
  4. MSTSC client for Mac - no, NOT the "Microsoft Remote Desktop" app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSTSC client for Mac - no, NOT the "Microsoft Remote Desktop" app: On Windows I've long used both Remote Desktop Connection Manager RDCMan.exe and mstsc.exe to administer servers. I've started using "Microsoft Remote Desktop" shortened to MRD hereon also, as my organisation has several Azure Virtual Desktop published resources.While MRD is...
  5. MSTSC client for Mac - no, NOT the "Microsoft Remote Desktop" app

MSTSC client for Mac - no, NOT the "Microsoft Remote Desktop" app: On Windows I've long used both Remote Desktop Connection Manager RDCMan.exe and mstsc.exe to administer servers. I've started using "Microsoft Remote Desktop" shortened to MRD hereon also, as my organisation has several Azure Virtual Desktop published resources.While MRD is...
  6. No use all monitor setting with new Microsoft Remote Desktop client

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No use all monitor setting with new Microsoft Remote Desktop client: No use all monitors setting with new Microsoft Remote Desktop client, not the built-in RDC. This is the new download from the Microsoft Store.. I have users who are unable to use the dual screens as in the local client. End users cannot use their home dual monitors...
  7. No use all monitor setting with new Microsoft Remote Desktop client

No use all monitor setting with new Microsoft Remote Desktop client: No use all monitors setting with new Microsoft Remote Desktop client, not the built-in RDC. This is the new download from the Microsoft Store.. I have users who are unable to use the dual screens as in the local client. End users cannot use their home dual monitors...
  8. No use all monitor setting with new Microsoft Remote Desktop client

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Remote desktop - Set default settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop - Set default settings.: Hi there, I click onto an rdp file everyday to remote into my work comouter but have to select certain options each time which is a pain. Is there anyway I can default some boxes to be ticked everytime. The boxes I want ticked/Unticked are:- TICK Use all monitors- TICK Record...
  10. Remote desktop - Set default settings.

Remote desktop - Set default settings.: Hi there, I click onto an rdp file everyday to remote into my work comouter but have to select certain options each time which is a pain. Is there anyway I can default some boxes to be ticked everytime. The boxes I want ticked/Unticked are:- TICK Use all monitors- TICK Record...