Windows 10: WHY Must updates to microsoft windows 10/11 interfere with the proper booting

Discus and support WHY Must updates to microsoft windows 10/11 interfere with the proper booting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have many systems that I need to have auto update to keep secure, but windows insists on this walk through of new features that stops the system from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Baypilot, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Baypilot Win User

WHY Must updates to microsoft windows 10/11 interfere with the proper booting

I have many systems that I need to have auto update to keep secure, but windows insists on this walk through of new features that stops the system from booting, it has become an unreliable platform for display systems etc. Why must they do this? can they add an option to alert you of new features if you want, instead of interfering with the boot process?

:)

Baypilot, Jan 13, 2022

2. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

WHY Must updates to microsoft windows 10/11 interfere with the proper booting [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Jan 13, 2022
  3. Jborg Win User
    Microsoft Gives Windows 10 a Major Performance Boost

Windows 7 for me already boots completely in under 10 seconds....

Jborg, Jan 13, 2022
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4: July 12, 2016

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Jan 13, 2022
Thema:

1. WHY Must updates to microsoft windows 10/11 interfere with the proper booting - Similar Threads - WHY Must updates

2. Microsoft pass word interference

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft pass word interference: How do I erase any info input into that stupid "save password" box? I accidentally used it instead of a website's actual password change box and now it seems I will have to forever use Google to access that website because the microsoft garbage is interfering with my ID....
  3. WHY Must updates to microsoft windows 10/11 interfere with the proper booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY Must updates to microsoft windows 10/11 interfere with the proper booting: I have many systems that I need to have auto update to keep secure, but windows insists on this walk through of new features that stops the system from booting, it has become an unreliable platform for display systems etc. Why must they do this? can they add an option to...
  4. WHY Must updates to microsoft windows 10/11 interfere with the proper booting

in Windows 10 Customization
    WHY Must updates to microsoft windows 10/11 interfere with the proper booting: I have many systems that I need to have auto update to keep secure, but windows insists on this walk through of new features that stops the system from booting, it has become an unreliable platform for display systems etc. Why must they do this? can they add an option to...
  5. Why must Windows 10 updates be so problematic and go on and on and on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why must Windows 10 updates be so problematic and go on and on and on: It's been what- five years now since Windows 10 came out? I am so sick of the constant monthly, sometimes more updates that always screw up your computer. They never work correctly until you restart your computer about twenty times after an update. For example, this...
  6. USB 3 hub interferes with boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3 hub interferes with boot: With powered USB 3 hub plugged into power, Win 10 does not boot at all. Unplug power to USB hub (usb connections still there), boot is normal. Plug in power to USB hub after boot starts is fine. What is this? Thanks. Peter 134831
  7. MUST DISABLE WINDOWS 10 UPDATER

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MUST DISABLE WINDOWS 10 UPDATER: I am sick and tired of my system automatically activating the Windows Updater. I do not want your updates. I do not care about the new features. Stop force-feeding this crap down my throat, please, and tell me how to permanently disable updates. I've been into services.msc...
  8. Microsoft must change Windows 10 Update system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft must change Windows 10 Update system: Recently, i upgraded my pc to Windows 10 using free upgrade from pre-installed 8.1. Everything installed ok...until Windows 10 installed the wrong Amd graphic card for my pc via windows update. Upon reboot my pc monitor screen went blank.I used Advanced Boot up...
  9. windows update interfere with sound?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows update interfere with sound?: Greetings I had to go back (recover) to a backup (True Image clone of C*Smile from Dec. 1 due to a problem I couldn't solve. It worked and solved the problem (until now). After this recovery I lost windows last update and returned from ver.1709 to ver.1703. This was...
  10. Why is Windows 10 a must have OS?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is Windows 10 a must have OS?: I tried to find a real product description on the MS site, but all I found were marketing vagaries and the usual hoopla that something (with no real specifics) is a must have ... it's just marketing gibberish. From what I have gleaned from some forums is that windows 10 is...