Windows 10: Why my battery's charging design capacity had decreased?

Discus and support Why my battery's charging design capacity had decreased? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello there, My laptop has completed its 3 years and now its facing problems regarding power. Now, its battery doesn't charge beyond 73%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by L N Ramawat, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Why my battery's charging design capacity had decreased?

Why my battery's charging design capacity had decreased? 4b6627d7-6840-4b65-bec6-641a697c061a?upload=true.jpg

Hello there, My laptop has completed its 3 years and now its facing problems regarding power.

Now, its battery doesn't charge beyond 73% normally, if I want it charge it more then the laptop takes hours to reach beyond 90%

What can be the issue? Please help me to know about it.

Thanks

:)

L N Ramawat, Jun 23, 2020

2. Windows 10 battery percentage of design or full charge capacity?

Is the battery indicator in Windows 10 a percentage of the design capacity or the current full charge capacity of the battery ?

ie. if my battery capacity dropped from say, 60mWh to 30mWh from wear, would the indicator show 50% or 100% when the battery is fully charged at its current capacity of 30mWh ?

EDIT: to describe my case, I have an XPS 13 9350 whose battery has a design capacity of 56mWh. over the past few weeks, the battery percentage in windows stops at 55 with "plugged in not charging". running

shows that the current full charge capacity is about 41mWh, meaning at 55% I'm getting about 20mWh on a "full" charge. the surprising thing is Dell Command Power Manager shows my battery to be in excellent health.

Abhinav Vishak, Jun 23, 2020
  3. baskhara Win User
    Acer battery won't charge

What if the battery unremoveable? Should I disassemble and remove it? also there is a switch underneath the case and around the RAM slot that prevent the laptop to turn on when the case is open and without the charger. Is that the same as removing the battery? although when turned on with charger, the laptop still see the battery. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I took the report, the design capacity was 41.440 mWh but full charge capacity is now 25.752 mWh. Is it that bad? Before this happened I believe HWMonitor also show the same number with 38% Wear Level.
    Here's the report file

baskhara, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Tryx3 Win User

Why my battery's charging design capacity had decreased?

Battery FULL CHARGE CAPACITY Reset

Yves,

"Full charge capacity" means the capacity that the battery is managing to achieve. It is not a limit set by Windows or anything else; it is merely a reading of what the battery can actually do. You can use the comparison of Full charge capacity with Design
    capacity to decide when to buy a replacement battery [I do the same regularly].

Full charge capacity will always decrease over time as the battery wears out. This is a chemical phenomenon not a Windows-imposed characteristic.

Windows display of "Fully charged [100%]" means - the battery is currently at 100% of what it is able to achieve. In other words, "Fully charged [100%]" is relative to Full charge capacity.

Sometimes, you can find that cycling through the battery three times** can improve the Full charge capacity a bit.
    On at least one of my batteries, the maker recommends doing this every three months. But doing so is using up even more of its remaining life so you can complete this procedure only to find that you are worse off afterwards.

** In other words, loop through this three times -

• remove the AC power
    • use up the whole charge by using the computer
    • recharge fully

Denis

Tryx3, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Why my battery's charging design capacity had decreased?

1. Why my battery's charging design capacity had decreased? - Similar Threads - Why battery's charging

2. Why my battery's charging design capacity had decreased?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why my battery's charging design capacity had decreased?: Hello there, My laptop has completed its 2 years and now its facing problems with the battery.Now, the battery has a much lower design capacity and decreases over time. I have another older hp laptop and I see that the design capacity does not decrease but the full charge...
  3. Why my battery's charging design capacity had decreased?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my battery's charging design capacity had decreased?: Hello there, My laptop has completed its 2 years and now its facing problems with the battery.Now, the battery has a much lower design capacity and decreases over time. I have another older hp laptop and I see that the design capacity does not decrease but the full charge...
  4. Why my battery's charging design capacity had decreased?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Battery full charge capacity decreased?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery full charge capacity decreased?: As you can probably see from the above image, my battery's full charge capacity has been decreased. Even though I just bought this laptop like 3 months ago, the laptops full charge capacity has been decreased by a huge amount like 5000mWh. I don't know what is causing this I...
  6. Battery full charge capacity decreased?

Battery full charge capacity decreased?: As you can probably see from the above image, my battery's full charge capacity has been decreased. Even though I just bought this laptop like 3 months ago, the laptops full charge capacity has been decreased by a huge amount like 5000mWh. I don't know what is causing this I...
  7. Battery full charge capacity is decreasing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery full charge capacity is decreasing: Hello there,There is already a question in Microsoft forum but I can't reply it because it's locked: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-charge-capacity-is-decreasing-very-rapidly/396d28dd-a83a-40b5-bd7a-3f53b9cdff93My issue is very similiar, the only...
  8. Battery full charge capacity is decreasing

Battery full charge capacity is decreasing: Hello there,There is already a question in Microsoft forum but I can't reply it because it's locked: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-charge-capacity-is-decreasing-very-rapidly/396d28dd-a83a-40b5-bd7a-3f53b9cdff93My issue is very similiar, the only...
  9. Battery full charge capacity is decreasing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Full charge capacity of battery decreased

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Full charge capacity of battery decreased: When I generated a battery report from cmd, I got this [ATTACH] Full charge capacity of battery reduced drastically over a month's time. Is this the problem of OS or the battery has reached its end of life?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. design capacity decreased

2. lower design cappacity in driver