Windows 10: Why my browsers suddenly think I'm in the U.K.?

Discus and support Why my browsers suddenly think I'm in the U.K.? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; While of course I don't travel these days, for other reasons I was checking on hotels in NYC. I get a selection of hotel websites but they are all... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RonNewYork, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Why my browsers suddenly think I'm in the U.K.?

While of course I don't travel these days, for other reasons I was checking on hotels in NYC. I get a selection of hotel websites but they are all xxx.co.uk

And often (but not always) when I look for some item I'll see the prices in pounds.

Why could this have started and how do I stop it?

My windows version is 1903 (enterprise) and I use Chrome but I get the same thing in Opera.

Note: Someone had a similar issue in 2019 and said "uncheck automatically detect settings in LAN Settings and it solved my problem."

Is this the solution and if so why?

RON

:)

RonNewYork, Jul 14, 2020

2. why my window is not compatible with my chrome browser?

Your question reads:

why my window is not compatible with my chrome browser?

I suggest you reverse it:

Why is my Chrome browser not compatible with my Windows 7?

This would immediately lead you to an answer:

1. Unistall Google Chrome.
    2. Download & re-install Google Chrome.

Frederik Long, Jul 14, 2020
  3. erocker Win User
    Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Paulieg Win User

Why my browsers suddenly think I'm in the U.K.?

My new Opty 165 OC

I'm happy with it. I just wish my second core wasn't so sensitive. I think my first core would be happy at 2.8. My only suggestion is looking on ebay. Sometimes there are some on auction that give you the steppings. That's how I found mine from tr740. He had it on auction w/ steppings. I paid around 165. Great deal, when you know your getting a brand new cpu with a great stepping.

Paulieg, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Why my browsers suddenly think I'm in the U.K.?

1. Why my browsers suddenly think I'm in the U.K.? - Similar Threads - Why browsers suddenly

2. What do u think of my desktop background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do u think of my desktop background: what do u think of my desktop background https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-u-think-of-my-desktop-background/2e791ea0-b2a1-4448-9f85-9e05f20307c7
  3. What do u think of my desktop background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do u think of my desktop background: what do u think of my desktop background https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-u-think-of-my-desktop-background/2e791ea0-b2a1-4448-9f85-9e05f20307c7
  4. What do u think of my desktop background

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Websites think I'm in Singapore while I'm not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Websites think I'm in Singapore while I'm not: Title says the issue. Not sure when exactly this happens but when I'm about to open disney hotstar today it says "Videos on www.hotstar.com/id are not available in Singapore" and prompts me to proceed to the website's singapore versionTried :- GPS Off > Restart > GPS On >...
  6. Websites think I'm in Singapore while I'm not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Websites think I'm in Singapore while I'm not: Title says the issue. Not sure when exactly this happens but when I'm about to open disney hotstar today it says "Videos on www.hotstar.com/id are not available in Singapore" and prompts me to proceed to the website's singapore versionTried :- GPS Off > Restart > GPS On >...
  7. My computer suddenly thinks I'm in another state.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer suddenly thinks I'm in another state.: I used to live in West Virginia, but moved to Missouri several months ago, and last week, my computer's time zone started resetting to eastern time from central time. I found out that apparently, it suddenly thinks I'm back in West Virginia. Changing the default location...
  8. Website think I'm in India

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Website think I'm in India: Some websites such as booking.com or myprotein.com either provide costs in Indian currency or ask me if I want to go through to the Indian website as my location shows as India. This happens on all web browsers. I do not have a VPN or have recently used one. I have checked...
  9. I'm hacked I think

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I'm hacked I think: Next to the time in my taskbar is the word hacked. I am a novice and don't know where to start to find out how this got there. It was appearing every now and then , but is now there all the time. I'm assuming I should be concerned about this. I ran SuperAntispyware and found...
  10. Why are these P and U file attributes suddenly appearing?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why are these P and U file attributes suddenly appearing?: All I remember for a long time of using Windows was the usual file attributes of A, R, H, S and others that would appear, but I had apps ready to control those, as I don't like irregularities in my file organisation. And then, when I download a zip archive for an app 48...