Windows 10: Why my computer frequently shuts down and fail to restart. It restart once I plugged the...

Discus and support Why my computer frequently shuts down and fail to restart. It restart once I plugged the... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Current issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-computer-frequently-shuts-down-and-fail-to/3214d982-299e-45fd-910d-8ea772555e94 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Hundaol Bekele, Feb 19, 2023.

1. Why my computer frequently shuts down and fail to restart. It restart once I plugged the...

Current issue

:)

Hundaol Bekele, Feb 19, 2023
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Why my computer frequently shuts down and fail to restart. It restart once I plugged the... :confused:*Mad Why my computer frequently shuts down and fail to restart. It restart once I plugged the... :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Feb 19, 2023
  3. Arrakis9 Win User
    Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Feb 19, 2023
  4. Why my computer frequently shuts down and fail to restart. It restart once I plugged the...

Computer not booting to desktop, stuck at Restarting screen

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting in Community.

The issue might occur if the system is not Shut down properly. As you have already tried restarting the system several times, I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Turn Off the computer and remove the power cable.
    • Long press the Power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Plug in the power cable and switch on the computer.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 19, 2023
Thema:

Why my computer frequently shuts down and fail to restart. It restart once I plugged the...

1. Why my computer frequently shuts down and fail to restart. It restart once I plugged the... - Similar Threads - Why computer frequently

2. Why my computer frequently shuts down and fail to restart. It restart once I plugged the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my computer frequently shuts down and fail to restart. It restart once I plugged the...: Current issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-computer-frequently-shuts-down-and-fail-to/3214d982-299e-45fd-910d-8ea772555e94
  3. Why my computer frequently shuts down and fail to restart. It restart once I plugged the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my computer frequently shuts down and fail to restart. It restart once I plugged the...: Current issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-computer-frequently-shuts-down-and-fail-to/3214d982-299e-45fd-910d-8ea772555e94
  4. Computer not shutting down but restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer not shutting down but restart: When I click on the shutdown button my computer will only restart. It is working fine before. I got nothing about changes or install anything. I dont know what cause so I cant share anything about the problem. I hope someone who is knowledgeable can help me with this....
  5. Computer not shutting down but restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not shutting down but restart: When I click on the shutdown button my computer will only restart. It is working fine before. I got nothing about changes or install anything. I dont know what cause so I cant share anything about the problem. I hope someone who is knowledgeable can help me with this....
  6. Computer not shutting down but restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Computer restarts instead of shutting down

Computer restarts instead of shutting down: I don't know if this is a computer glitch or a Microsoft one. Lately, maybe since the last update, when I shut off the computer, it restarts instead. Not consistently, but maybe about half the time. I get the screen that says it's shutting down with the little circling dots...
  8. while shutting down the computer restarts

while shutting down the computer restarts: after upgrading windows from windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 pro, I am getting the below message in blue screen and the computer restarts of its own. "your pc ran in to a problem and needs to restart. we just collected some error info, and then we will restart for you. if...
  9. Computer Shuts Down and Restarts at Random

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Shuts Down and Restarts at Random: Hello, I've been having an issue with my computer for the past week where it would shut down at random and restart multiple times a day. Similar to what the following person on this thread is experiencing:...
  10. My computer restarts instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer restarts instead of shutting down: When I press the power key, or when I click on power>shut down, Windows 10 reboots instead every time. Is this a known fault and if so is there an easy fix for it? 61314