Windows 10: Why my computer will not shut down when I clicked on the shut down button?

Discus and support Why my computer will not shut down when I clicked on the shut down button? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer using window 10 would not shut down when I clicked on the shut down menu. Please advise thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by wongling syu, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Why my computer will not shut down when I clicked on the shut down button?

My computer using window 10 would not shut down when I clicked on the shut down menu.

Please advise

thanks

:)

wongling syu, Dec 23, 2018
  2. Ernie San Win User

Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, Dec 23, 2018
  3. xarzu Win User
    My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Why my computer will not shut down when I clicked on the shut down button?

Windows 10 Pro (fully updated) will not shut down properly

Hi Chayan,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • How exactly are you shutting down the computer? Is it from Start menu?
    • Did you try shutting down by pressing and holding the power button?
    • Did you make any recent changes to the computer settings?
    • Did you plug any external device to the computer?
    I would like to inform you that it is bit difficult to pin point on the exact reason behind the issue unless we get the answers for the questions asked above.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to press and hold the power button and check if the computer able to shut down completely.

If the issue persist try unplug plug the charger\power cord from the power source and check if the issue persists, this may also arise due to any fault in the power source.

If the above steps doesn’t work, I suggest you to check if the fast startup option is enabled.

• Access control panel by right clicking on the Start menu.
    • Choose Power options.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do and check if it is enabled.(Disable it if enabled)
    Please let us know if you are able to shut down the system properly after following the above steps. If the issue persists, please reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Why my computer will not shut down when I clicked on the shut down button?

1. Why my computer will not shut down when I clicked on the shut down button? - Similar Threads - Why computer shut

2. my computer is shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer is shutting down: liquid cooling fans suddenly run fast and my computer shuts downand instead of doing this all the time, it does it occasionally, the windows screen comes up and my computer shuts down itself....
  3. my computer is shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer is shutting down: liquid cooling fans suddenly run fast and my computer shuts downand instead of doing this all the time, it does it occasionally, the windows screen comes up and my computer shuts down itself....
  4. Why does my computer shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer shut down: I have set my power option to ''never'' but my computer shuts down if I don't do anything on it. I'm trying to download something large and it will take several hours or more but if I leave my computer on it automatically shuts down after some time....
  5. PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down: Hi.I got a weird bug with my PC recently. When I shut down the PC by pressing start -> shut down, the screen goes black for a few seconds like it's shutting down, and then I see a lock screen and login again. Reboot works as expected. If run command `shutdown /s` - the PC...
  6. PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down

PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down: Hi.I got a weird bug with my PC recently. When I shut down the PC by pressing start -> shut down, the screen goes black for a few seconds like it's shutting down, and then I see a lock screen and login again. Reboot works as expected. If run command `shutdown /s` - the PC...
  7. Computer Shut Down

Computer Shut Down: What is the advantage of using the sleep option as opposed to the shut down option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shut-down/041f86fc-afa8-4c66-aa1c-c9aa74bb13e2
  8. Computer Shut Down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Shut Down: What is the advantage of using the sleep option as opposed to the shut down option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shut-down/041f86fc-afa8-4c66-aa1c-c9aa74bb13e2
  9. Shut down my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shut down my computer: Where is "Close down my computer"? I can`t find where? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-my-computer/32ec328c-f29b-44ab-82d1-702dd4a2e766
  10. Sleep button shuts down my computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep button shuts down my computer: Hi, I have recently started encountering a problem whereby my laptop shuts down when I put it to sleep, meaning that files close without saving and I have to start using autorecover and browser closes too. I have checked my power options and no issues there. I am wondering...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does my cpu not shut down when the button is clicked