Windows 10: Why my CPU turns off monitor and speeds up fan.?

Discus and support Why my CPU turns off monitor and speeds up fan.? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am facing some weird issue with my system.- My CPU basically turns off monitor and speeds up fan. - However CPU still running even after turning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Parth Shah4, Oct 20, 2023.

1. Why my CPU turns off monitor and speeds up fan.?

Hi, I am facing some weird issue with my system.- My CPU basically turns off monitor and speeds up fan. - However CPU still running even after turning off monitor & I can still able to hear audio/ calls through headphones.- Also my system is not running any software when this issue happens. - I already tried various option available on internet like updating windows , cleaning dust, updating graphic drivers etc. - I also tried changing port in monitor screen.Specs :Nvidia GTX 1660Ti 6GBCPU AMD RYZEN 5 - 3600Ram 32 GB

:)

Parth Shah4, Oct 20, 2023
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

W10 CPU fan not boosting to max speed

Hi Pablo,

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused.

We would suggest you to update the following items and check the cpu fan speed and performance.

Check if there is a program to control the fan speed, may be the controller program is not compatible with Windows 10. Also check for the below list and please update it:

• BIOS.
    • Chipset drivers.
    http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/pro...enovo-y-series-laptops/y50-70-notebook-lenovo

If you don't find the drivers compatible for Windows 10. refer to the motherboard manufacturer website and check for updated chipset drivers and install it.

BIOS Disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS
    settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Oct 20, 2023
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    inconsistent fan speeds

"Isn't there some way to set a different fan profile"

Laptops tend to have a lot of differences to desktop, but my current ASUS motherboard has

a fan speed profile setup in BIOS.

Other motherboard have system software that includes a fan speed profile option on the driver/software disk.

I usually set the profile so the fan speed at 40C is as high as it will go before it starts getting loud.

Then tweak it up from their.

A higher initial speed will keep the cpu cooler from the start. This helps prevent constant up/down cycling

that comes with some so called 'silent' setups that have a whoa to go fan speed profile.

- If you run the machine in high ambient air temps a cooling pad can help too.

- You should also monitor the temps to verify that machine is not running too hot.

For cpu - Real Temp

If the machine has dedicated graphics processor -
    GPU-Z Video card GPU Information Utility

BossDweeb, Oct 20, 2023
  4. NickOttWU Win User

Why my CPU turns off monitor and speeds up fan.?

CPU fan not working properly

The fans are always idle no matter how hot the cpu gets, its hottest ive seen it at is 83 degrees Celsius. the cooling policy is active but they always run low idle, they used to speed up all the time now they don't.does anybody have any suggestions?

Original Title: Fans are always idle

NickOttWU, Oct 20, 2023
Thema:

Why my CPU turns off monitor and speeds up fan.?

1. Why my CPU turns off monitor and speeds up fan.? - Similar Threads - Why CPU turns

2. Why my CPU turns off monitor and speeds up fan.?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my CPU turns off monitor and speeds up fan.?: Hi, I am facing some weird issue with my system.- My CPU basically turns off monitor and speeds up fan. - However CPU still running even after turning off monitor & I can still able to hear audio/ calls through headphones.- Also my system is not running any software when this...
  3. Why my CPU turns off monitor and speeds up fan.?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why my CPU turns off monitor and speeds up fan.?: Hi, I am facing some weird issue with my system.- My CPU basically turns off monitor and speeds up fan. - However CPU still running even after turning off monitor & I can still able to hear audio/ calls through headphones.- Also my system is not running any software when this...
  4. Computer randomly turns off and the fans start speeding up fast.

Computer randomly turns off and the fans start speeding up fast.: When I am playing games, my computer randomly turns off and the fan start spinning super-fast. It happens randomly and usually a few times during the day. This has been happening throughout the week....
  5. Computer randomly turns off and the fans start speeding up fast.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly turns off and the fans start speeding up fast.: When I am playing games, my computer randomly turns off and the fan start spinning super-fast. It happens randomly and usually a few times during the day. This has been happening throughout the week....
  6. Computer randomly turns off and the fans start speeding up fast.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. no monitor signal but cpu fan works and keyboard rgb turns on and off?

no monitor signal but cpu fan works and keyboard rgb turns on and off?: pc won't turn on but cpu fan works and keyboard rgb turn on and offThings i triedReseating ram and gpuMade sure my cables are tightCleared cmosTried igpuP.S. this issue randomly happens to me sometimes my pc boots fine and when i put my pc under stress everything works fine...
  8. no monitor signal but cpu fan works and keyboard rgb turns on and off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no monitor signal but cpu fan works and keyboard rgb turns on and off?: pc won't turn on but cpu fan works and keyboard rgb turn on and offThings i triedReseating ram and gpuMade sure my cables are tightCleared cmosTried igpuP.S. this issue randomly happens to me sometimes my pc boots fine and when i put my pc under stress everything works fine...
  9. no monitor signal but cpu fan works and keyboard rgb turns on and off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Monitors turn off and every system fan goes full speed

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitors turn off and every system fan goes full speed: Hello! I'm typing this as quickly as possible so I can get this up in time before my pc dies again. For no specific reason, my custom-built computer will just shut off the monitors and then every fan goes beserk. This happens during no specific task. Whether it be...