Windows 10: Why my files don't open?

Discus and support Why my files don't open? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, As soon as I close a file that I create word, PPT etc, the file no longer opens. I've checked the file Properties and it looks that the Security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mel345, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Mel345 Win User

Why my files don't open?

Hi,

As soon as I close a file that I create word, PPT etc, the file no longer opens. I've checked the file Properties and it looks that the Security tab is missing.

Not sure if there is a relation between the missing Security tab and the file not opening, but I have followed all the available advice on the internet to restore the "Security" tab but NONE work.

1 out of 3 files I create has this issue - not all files.

Also, I have an issue saving Pdf files from various platforms, whilst it looks that it is downloaded and saved on the computer when I look in the Folder the file is not there. Could this also be related to the above problem?

Could it be a virus? I have run many times the virus diagnostics.

Please help!

thanks.

:)

Mel345, Mar 26, 2021
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Mar 26, 2021
  3. arassami Win User
    don"t open game in win10i

I am game player.(sniper fury)in win10.but to day don"t opening game.or close after 2-3 secend.3 the back to last morning by recovery poin .but nothing

*** Moderator's note: Post was moved to the appropriate category ***

arassami, Mar 26, 2021
  4. JDivineŠ Win User

Why my files don't open?

stuff that don`t work

Nice, no answers what so ever... still can`t open new notifications, still right-click don`t work on taskbar... and still no answer as to why

JDivineŠ, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

Why my files don't open?

1. Why my files don't open? - Similar Threads - Why files don't

2. All of my downloads open under the Document's file and open in a file under that, I don't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of my downloads open under the Document's file and open in a file under that, I don't...: Anytime I download something instead of going to my recent downloads or downloads file it goes to a folder under my Documents file. I've tried reseting the original file location to fix this but nothing is working....
  3. All of my downloads open under the Document's file and open in a file under that, I don't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All of my downloads open under the Document's file and open in a file under that, I don't...: Anytime I download something instead of going to my recent downloads or downloads file it goes to a folder under my Documents file. I've tried reseting the original file location to fix this but nothing is working....
  4. you don't have permission to open this file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    you don't have permission to open this file: I am the only person using all my devices, including my PC Win10 64 bit, camera, SD card etc. I took some MOV files on a camera SD card, then tried to open them this morning from the SC card on the PC. The PC successfully played the MOV files with Media Player, but I want to...
  5. you don't have permission to open this file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    you don't have permission to open this file: I am the only person using all my devices, including my PC Win10 64 bit, camera, SD card etc. I took some MOV files on a camera SD card, then tried to open them this morning from the SC card on the PC. The PC successfully played the MOV files with Media Player, but I want to...
  6. .BAT files don't open.

.BAT files don't open.: When I double click a .bat file, It doesn't even open a window. I also noticed this for .exe files, and that I can't run newer files, only the ones that had already been on my computer....
  7. I don't have permission to open my files

I don't have permission to open my files: Right, so bare with me because I know it sounds like this question has already been answered however in my case it actually hasn't. So I rebooted my laptop to factory settings the other day, I backed everything up on my WD Passport Ultra. Now I have managed to get all the...
  8. OneDrive files on my computer don't open

OneDrive files on my computer don't open: Dear Community, It is so frustrating. First things first: As frequently noted in other threads on the Microsoft OneDrive page I am on theInternet and from my OneDrive on my computer, my files with a cloud symbol in the status column, I get an error message it's in German...
  9. Why don't folders open?

Why don't folders open?: When I click on a folder - it goes to open, and then effectively reboots and closes. I have run all sorts of security checks - but it seems to be embedded in MS system. Why can I not access the files held o the Acer laptop?...
  10. Media Files don't open

Media Files don't open: So I had an issue on my computer and all my media files lost their preview and when I try opening any image format or video format they won't open. I fixed the issue on my computer after resetting the system, but the files that got corrupted don't open any more, I tried...