Windows 10: Why my laptop can't go to sleep mode sometimes and freeze

Discus and support Why my laptop can't go to sleep mode sometimes and freeze in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hello i have problems with my laptop it is working fine but if i let it alone and the screen sometimes goes black but it doesn't go in sleep mode and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by amineDZEN, Nov 24, 2020.

1. amineDZEN Win User

Why my laptop can't go to sleep mode sometimes and freeze

hello i have problems with my laptop it is working fine but if i let it alone and the screen sometimes goes black but it doesn't go in sleep mode and when i try to click a key on my keyboard it doesn't do anything and the led is on and i have to force shutdown it so i can turn it on again please help
    my laptop is asus and it is running on windows 10 home Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    btw i have other problem which is when i click the fn key and try to turn on my keyboard led it doesn't work and the other problem is i get notification message saying that my wifi isn't secure thank you guys for helping.

:)

amineDZEN, Nov 24, 2020

2. system freezes up in sleep mode

system freezes up in sleep mode, one monitor on and the other a sleep. Can not wake up system without hard reboot. Any suggestions?

SteveSchillinger, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Chadi Win User
    ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Why my laptop can't go to sleep mode sometimes and freeze [​IMG]

Chadi, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Why my laptop can't go to sleep mode sometimes and freeze

Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Why my laptop can't go to sleep mode sometimes and freeze

1. Why my laptop can't go to sleep mode sometimes and freeze - Similar Threads - Why laptop can't

2. My windows was not going in Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My windows was not going in Sleep mode: Hello,I'm Ayush from India, Recently I'm facing one Issue on my laptop Dell Inspiron 15z 5523 that my windows doesn't go in Sleep. Whenever I press sleep my monitor got off and in 5-6 seconds it automatically wakeup from Sleep even without disturbing mouse or Keyboard. Please...
  3. My windows was not going in Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows was not going in Sleep mode: Hello,I'm Ayush from India, Recently I'm facing one Issue on my laptop Dell Inspiron 15z 5523 that my windows doesn't go in Sleep. Whenever I press sleep my monitor got off and in 5-6 seconds it automatically wakeup from Sleep even without disturbing mouse or Keyboard. Please...
  4. My windows was not going in Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop going on sleep mode randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop going on sleep mode randomly: So, I’ve got an acer nitro 5 (i5 9th, 16gb ram, 128gb ssd + 1tb, gtx 1650) and recently it goes into sleeping mode on its own, when I’m using it. It doesn’t happen all the time, like once every two days but it’s still annoying. Sometimes it happens while I’m gaming. I don’t...
  6. Can't stop laptop going to sleep mode after 15 minutes.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't stop laptop going to sleep mode after 15 minutes.: I've changed the settings. Didn't work. Did some Googling and it said to go into RegEdit and make a change there. Which I did. But laptop still sleeps after 15 minutes idle. submitted by /u/Bradders33 [link] [comments]...
  7. Going into Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Going into Sleep mode: Hi all, I recently migrated from a HDD to a SSD in my computer, did install the latest version of Windows 10 than what it was before, and i'm noticing something different with the way it goes to sleep. Originally when i put it to sleep, the computer would go down and the...
  8. Going into Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Going into Sleep mode: Hi all, I recently migrated from a HDD to a SSD in my computer, did install the latest version of Windows 10 than what it was before, and i'm noticing something different with the way it goes to sleep. Originally when i put it to sleep, the computer would go down and the...
  9. Laptop not going into sleep mode properly and then restarting. And sometimes taking up to 1...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop not going into sleep mode properly and then restarting. And sometimes taking up to 1...: Hi, I have been having some issues with my Toshiba Tecra Z40 - A -119, I bought it refurbished with Windows 10, I had to send it at first as it had a charging issue when I upgraded it from 1809 to 1903, (And it was working at first and hen i have started to encounter the...
  10. Laptop not going into sleep mode at times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not going into sleep mode at times: I've created a shortcut to put my computer to sleep. This will work a number of times then when I go to wake it up, I find the computer has completely shut down. I noticed the Power Button was giving me the same grief so I switched the Power Button from shutting down to...