Windows 10: Why my laptop doesnt go to sleep or turn off display as it should?

Discus and support Why my laptop doesnt go to sleep or turn off display as it should? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I set it to go to sleep and turn off the screen after 30 mins or an hour, but it doesnt do that! It keeps everything on.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by love754, Feb 9, 2022.

1. love754 Win User

Why my laptop doesnt go to sleep or turn off display as it should?

So I set it to go to sleep and turn off the screen after 30 mins or an hour, but it doesnt do that! It keeps everything on.

:)

love754, Feb 9, 2022

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Feb 9, 2022
  3. cognus Win User
    Laptop Display is not turned ON when Waking from Sleep

One more bug in my project to run Win10 on an older HP/CPQ CQ60 model. All working ok now except for a consistent, replicable problem with Display being turned-on when awakening from Sleep mode. The display is just shown in Device Mgr as a PNP Monitor device, which is pretty standard for laptops. HP lists no .inf file for the monitor. When awakening, I can easily get display on an external monitor, but the laptop's own diplay is simply off. No other issues showing.

Is there a Registry entry I can make to "turn on display when awakening" or something? I don't see any relevant power settings that would affect the right behavior. I've replicated the problem a dozen times with no misses, so it is very consistent.

thanks for a tip!
    C

cognus, Feb 9, 2022
  4. Jetster Win User

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Feb 9, 2022
Thema:

1. Why my laptop doesnt go to sleep or turn off display as it should? - Similar Threads - Why laptop doesnt

2. My laptop wont turn off display or go to sleep unless I manually put my laptop to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop wont turn off display or go to sleep unless I manually put my laptop to sleep.: I don't know what's happening, I've checked the setting->power and battery->screen and sleep. I changed it all and its set to like 5 min screen of and 15 sleep, but it won't actually do either. I want it to be able to sleep and turn the screen off automatically cause I will...
  3. My laptop wont turn off display or go to sleep unless I manually put my laptop to sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop wont turn off display or go to sleep unless I manually put my laptop to sleep.: I don't know what's happening, I've checked the setting->power and battery->screen and sleep. I changed it all and its set to like 5 min screen of and 15 sleep, but it won't actually do either. I want it to be able to sleep and turn the screen off automatically cause I will...
  4. Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?: My settings are to turn off the display after a few minutes but to never put the laptop to sleep. However, every time I leave my laptop alone and the 'display' turns off, I have to login? I don't want to have to login every time my laptop screen dims! I just got a new laptop...
  5. Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?

Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?: My settings are to turn off the display after a few minutes but to never put the laptop to sleep. However, every time I leave my laptop alone and the 'display' turns off, I have to login? I don't want to have to login every time my laptop screen dims! I just got a new laptop...
  6. Why my laptop doesnt go to sleep or turn off display as it should?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my laptop doesnt go to sleep or turn off display as it should?: So I set it to go to sleep and turn off the screen after 30 mins or an hour, but it doesnt do that! It keeps everything on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-laptop-doesnt-go-to-sleep-or-turn-off/fbbbfd89-d37c-4500-a6c8-4f17a62b20c2
  7. Why my laptop doesnt go to sleep or turn off display as it should?

Why my laptop doesnt go to sleep or turn off display as it should?: So I set it to go to sleep and turn off the screen after 30 mins or an hour, but it doesnt do that! It keeps everything on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-laptop-doesnt-go-to-sleep-or-turn-off/fbbbfd89-d37c-4500-a6c8-4f17a62b20c2
  8. Windows 10 laptop display doesn't turn off, or go to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 laptop display doesn't turn off, or go to sleep: I just had to reset my Windows 10 laptop using the media creation tool, due to multiple crashes. So far, I think laptop is running mostly OK, but still waiting to see. But there is one annoying issue, an issue I have encountered multiple times with multiple computers --...
  9. Laptop Keeps Turning off after going to Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Keeps Turning off after going to Sleep: Hey everyone recently my Acer Laptop has been shutting down after I allow it to sleep for too long. As in if close the lid of my laptop, it goes to sleep like usual. But if I don't wake or use it for like 30 minutes it just turns off rather than stay in sleep. Two changes I...
  10. Laptop turns off instead of going to sleep or worse

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop turns off instead of going to sleep or worse: Hello. Ever since one of the more recent windows updates my laptop (Lenovo) does not go to sleep when I close the lid or leave for a few minutes. It is set to 'sleep' in Settings (30 mins on battery and 60 minutes when plugged in) but if I leave for just a few minutes it...