Windows 10: Why My Laptop has so many background processes and Windows Processes?

Discus and support Why My Laptop has so many background processes and Windows Processes? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just bought a new laptop a few days ago, and I have so many problem after the auto updates in windows 10. 1. my cpu usage, memory usage, and disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HerriAtdy, Jul 29, 2018.

1. HerriAtdy Win User

Why My Laptop has so many background processes and Windows Processes?

I just bought a new laptop a few days ago, and I have so many problem after the auto updates in windows 10.

1. my cpu usage, memory usage, and disk usage get so high easily when I open the task manager or any program they will go up to 20-40% on cpu usage, the memory will same from the start u turn on the laptop (different percentage everytimes u turn on the laptop), and the disk usage will up to 100% in every program I open.

2. several application on my task manager say it's suspended? what is that mean? and how can I fix that too?

3. why I have so many background and windows processes in the task manager? can u help me fix that too?

3. Why My Laptop has so many background processes and Windows Processes? 9da867e1-f095-45d4-9d25-10ebe4ad0fe1?upload=true.png

:)

HerriAtdy, Jul 29, 2018
  2. John Vil Win User

Background Processes

Hello Andrew,

Task Manager shows you the running processes or programs depending on what kind of services they are.
    Background processes run in the background without user intervention. The processes you see under this category include processes that involve logging, system monitoring, scheduling, and notifications. These are the processes that programs
    usually use in the background. Windows services on the other hand, shows you the list of processes that make up your computer's interface or behavior. This explains why what you normally see under this category are the Windows services that
    tell your computer how to operate.

Regards.

John Vil, Jul 29, 2018
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Why My Laptop has so many background processes and Windows Processes?

Background Processes/Windows Processes Nonsense

Hi,

The Windows processes are the programs and system processes that are necessarily needed so that the operating system could run and function properly. The Background processes, on the other hand, are the programs that are needed by the applications installed
    on the computer. Having many Windows processes and Background processes is normal. As we write this reply, we have 54 Background processes and 78 Windows processes.

If you would want to end a process in task manager, just click on the process and then click on End task button.

If your computer is running slow, you can use this link as a guide on how to improve PC performance.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

Why My Laptop has so many background processes and Windows Processes?

1. Why My Laptop has so many background processes and Windows Processes? - Similar Threads - Why Laptop has

2. Background Process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background Process: With all the programs closed in my windows 11 I get 110 processes running. However I've seen some people with only 25 or lower, I've tried everything to get that low amount of processes running but can't find out how....
  3. Background Processes

Background Processes: My download speeds are slow. I read some stuff and it says that it could be because of background processes. I currently have 115 background processes and it seems like a bit much from what I see others have. I dont know what to end or how to lower the number. Any answers...
  4. So many background processes but only 1 window process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So many background processes but only 1 window process: Hello all,I recently looked into Task Manager and there seems to be something odd. I see there's 164 background processes but when you scroll down into windows processes, there seems to be only 1 windows process which is Windows Explorer. Can someone help me fix this issue?...
  5. So many background processes but only 1 window process

So many background processes but only 1 window process: Hello all,I recently looked into Task Manager and there seems to be something odd. I see there's 164 background processes but when you scroll down into windows processes, there seems to be only 1 windows process which is Windows Explorer. Can someone help me fix this issue?...
  6. Why so many multiple processes in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why so many multiple processes in Windows 10?: Hi,I noticed in the task manager that several processes occure more than one time, and some processes occure multiple times, for example the Chrome, Microsoft Edge and some nVidia processes.Why does this happen and is there anything to do to reduce the number of...
  7. number of background processes and windows processes?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    number of background processes and windows processes?: win10-64, Old core2duo 2GHz , 8G ram. 100 background processes and 150 windows processes after boot. When I click on google cpu use goes to 99%, task mgr shows 6 google tasks running. Any facebook video is buffery, any audio stream is buffery. Also seems odd to have 2 copies...
  8. Too many background processes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Too many background processes: So, I've had this laptop for almost a year, an hp omen, and recently it's been running slowly whenever I play games or even when I use a navigator. I've checked the task manager and it's come to my realization that every time I boot up my computer different processes start...
  9. Background Processes

Background Processes: I just opened my pc and opened taskmanager without opening other apps to see how many programs are running in background. There were more than 50. i removed some apps which i knew i installed and reduced it. Next time again just after booting pc problem remained same. My pc...
  10. How many background running processes in wondows10

How many background running processes in wondows10: I just want to know how many background running processes on task manager when tapping Processes in windows 10 just after boot up of a laptop. please bring me a screenshot and guide me how to block or utterly close them. Thank you....