Windows 10: Why my laptop system consuming so much data , how can I prevent it??

Discus and support Why my laptop system consuming so much data , how can I prevent it?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In few days I have noticed that my laptop consumes around 1GB of data within 20 min . In this way my broadband data falls short. And when I check in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pourush119, May 10, 2021.

1. Why my laptop system consuming so much data , how can I prevent it??

In few days I have noticed that my laptop consumes around 1GB of data within 20 min . In this way my broadband data falls short. And when I check in windows data usage tab ,it shows that system is consuming not any other application.So what can I do in such situation? *Note:I have already set the connection as metered

:)

pourush119, May 10, 2021

2. SYSTEM is consuming huge amount of data on internet

Good Afternoon!

Recently, I bought a second hand laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed to it. Here are some details regarding my OS:

Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise
    Version: 1703
    OS Build: 15063.11
    System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I noticed however, that the laptop is consuming huge amount of bandwidth and data on our internet (Ethernet indicator blinks rapidly). Then I tried checking the data usage:

Why my laptop system consuming so much data , how can I prevent it?? [​IMG]

However, after a minute or two, I tried checking again the data usage (I closed the setting and re-opened it again)

Please note that I'm not running any application as of now (except Microsoft Edge). Then I tried turning off the internet connection (by enabling airplane mode). Then I checked for the data usage again. The "SYSTEM" already consumed 2 MB of data even if on airplane mode.

I tried checking if there are updates available:

I also tried checking for application updates from Microsoft Store. I paused all the download and updates:

I disabled background apps but still the "SYSTEM" consumes considerably large amount of bandwidth and data:

My friend does have a laptop with Windows 10 version 1803. Her laptop doesn't eat bandwidth like mine.

So my question is:
    1. What is the "SYSTEM" process that eats my internet bandwidth and data?
    2. How do you stop it from consuming my internet bandwidth?

BryanJames16, May 10, 2021
  3. Metred connection, still consuming a lot of data

Hi All,

My laptop is a new DELL laptop, preinstalled with Windows10. Every time I connect my laptop to my mobile internet connection through the mobile hotspot, the laptop is consuming a lot of internet data. I set the connection as metered, still it is consuming
    a lot of data. This needs to be stopped at the earliest.

Below are the actions taken so far as per my own understanding:

• Connection is already set as metered.
    • I have stopped the Windows Update service, before I start my data connection. Instead, I am manually checking and installing updates.
    Can someone please advise ASAP?

RatnakharMeka, May 10, 2021
  4. Why my laptop system consuming so much data , how can I prevent it??

Data consumed for update for no increase

My laptop has consumed over 2 GB data. When I checked app wise consumption, this consumption came under the "system" section. My Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 update has been pending and the status has been "Getting things ready - 0%" for
    over 2 days now. My laptop keeps consuming more and more data and no increase in percentage of update is shown. Please help.

VanshAmbashta, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Why my laptop system consuming so much data , how can I prevent it??

1. Why my laptop system consuming so much data , how can I prevent it?? - Similar Threads - Why laptop system

2. Why is the system consuming so much internet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the system consuming so much internet?: What is the system doing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-system-consuming-so-much-internet/b6a59228-c254-4dfc-af48-10706852483e
  3. Why is the system consuming so much internet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the system consuming so much internet?: What is the system doing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-system-consuming-so-much-internet/b6a59228-c254-4dfc-af48-10706852483e
  4. Why the windows 11 laptop consuming too much mobile data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the windows 11 laptop consuming too much mobile data: Hi I was using windows 10 for 2 years and it was taking too much mobile data that's why I updated it to the windows 11 and now my laptop is working on windows 11 for 4 months but I'm still facing the same problem.it taking too much dataAnd I'm not able to do my work or...
  5. Why the windows 11 laptop consuming too much mobile data

Why the windows 11 laptop consuming too much mobile data: Hi I was using windows 10 for 2 years and it was taking too much mobile data that's why I updated it to the windows 11 and now my laptop is working on windows 11 for 4 months but I'm still facing the same problem.it taking too much dataAnd I'm not able to do my work or...
  6. Suddenly my laptop is consuming much data.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly my laptop is consuming much data.: Before it was like 1-2 hrs 2gb and now its 5 mins for the same amount.windows updates are also paused, what is the problem then? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suddenly-my-laptop-is-consuming-much-data/363cfa3d-5be0-4c78-bfbc-a8acd7c8c81d
  7. Suddenly my laptop is consuming much data.

Suddenly my laptop is consuming much data.: Before it was like 1-2 hrs 2gb and now its 5 mins for the same amount.windows updates are also paused, what is the problem then? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suddenly-my-laptop-is-consuming-much-data/363cfa3d-5be0-4c78-bfbc-a8acd7c8c81d
  8. System app consumes much data

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System app consumes much data: System app in Microsoft windows 10 is consuming much data. To be precise, it consumes 4 to 5 GB data in a day at least once in a week. All windows update is turnned off for certain days, but still it consumes 4 to 5 GB data on a single day [IMG]...
  9. Consuming too much data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Consuming too much data: My windows 10 laptop is consuming too much data and when i checked the data usage i found thatsetuphost.exe is the one which is consuming the entire data. It nearly consumed 100mb in less than 1minute.since i have daily data limit please help me to control my data usage....
  10. SYSTEM service is consuming much data. How do I stop this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SYSTEM service is consuming much data. How do I stop this?: Whenever I browse with my laptop, SYSTEM service consume much data which I find difficult to discover its cause of consumption. Please I need help as to what to do to stop this. I have tried everything possible (Metered Connection, Background Apps etc) But yet it won't stop....