Windows 10: Why my laptop wont turn on unless its plugged in?

Discus and support Why my laptop wont turn on unless its plugged in? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10.My laptop is half full battery, yet wont turn on unless its plugged-in. Once its on, it can stay on on battery without cable!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by love754, Feb 15, 2022.

1. love754 Win User

Why my laptop wont turn on unless its plugged in?

Windows 10.My laptop is half full battery, yet wont turn on unless its plugged-in. Once its on, it can stay on on battery without cable!

:)

love754, Feb 15, 2022
  2. Zeeba# Win User

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Feb 15, 2022
  3. My hp laptop wont turn on

Hello,

There are many reasons for your problem, but you may try this step :-

• Disconnect the AC adapter and remove the battery.
    • Hold down the power button for at least fifteen seconds.
    • Without replacing the battery, plug the AC adapter back into the laptop.
    • Press the power button to turn on your laptop
    If the PC is able to boot & startup, the problem is with your battery, if not contact a service centre.

Nandu Surendran, Feb 15, 2022
  4. Xazax Win User

Laptop Issues, Wont turn on at all!

Cant quite figure this one out, one of my friends laptop just stop working. It wont even turn on it. He hasnt had any issues with it at all then one day watching a movie on battery, it runs out and turns off... well now it wont power back on at all, with the cord plugged in, with the battery out/in

any ideas?

Xazax, Feb 15, 2022
Thema:

1. Why my laptop wont turn on unless its plugged in? - Similar Threads - Why laptop wont

2. My laptop won't turn on unless it's plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop won't turn on unless it's plugged in: It says that the battery is full so I unplug the charger and it turns off straight away and won't turn back on unless I plug it back in. I got a new battery because I thought that was the issue but its doing the same thing. My laptop is an acer...
  3. My laptop won't turn on unless it's plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop won't turn on unless it's plugged in: It says that the battery is full so I unplug the charger and it turns off straight away and won't turn back on unless I plug it back in. I got a new battery because I thought that was the issue but its doing the same thing. My laptop is an acer...
  4. My laptop won't turn on unless it's plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My laptop wont turn on unless plugged in and will shut down if it unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop wont turn on unless plugged in and will shut down if it unplugged: This all happen after KB5011831 Windows 10 update at 4:25:28 am at 8 May 2022 check the battery report with that dateWhen the update are downloaded, I choose the power option at start menu: "Update and Shut Down" THIS IS THE BATTERY REPORT::- Battery reportCOMPUTER...
  6. My laptop wont turn on unless plugged in and will shut down if it unplugged

My laptop wont turn on unless plugged in and will shut down if it unplugged: This all happen after KB5011831 Windows 10 update at 4:25:28 am at 8 May 2022 check the battery report with that dateWhen the update are downloaded, I choose the power option at start menu: "Update and Shut Down" THIS IS THE BATTERY REPORT::- Battery reportCOMPUTER...
  7. My laptop wont turn on unless plugged in and will shut down if it unplugged

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  8. Why my laptop wont turn on unless its plugged in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my laptop wont turn on unless its plugged in?: Windows 10.My laptop is half full battery, yet wont turn on unless its plugged-in. Once its on, it can stay on on battery without cable! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-laptop-wont-turn-on-unless-its-plugged-in/9ecf9390-efe1-4301-8f26-62fcdf35e5d0
  9. Why my laptop wont turn on unless its plugged in?

Why my laptop wont turn on unless its plugged in?: Windows 10.My laptop is half full battery, yet wont turn on unless its plugged-in. Once its on, it can stay on on battery without cable! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-laptop-wont-turn-on-unless-its-plugged-in/9ecf9390-efe1-4301-8f26-62fcdf35e5d0
  10. Asus Laptop Will not turn on unless plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus Laptop Will not turn on unless plugged in: I am just wondering why my laptop doesn't work unless if it is plugged in. Its battery capacity is 22 792 from 38000mWh. I hope my concern will be addressed. Thank u so much.BATTERY 1NAMEASUS BatteryMANUFACTURERASUSTeKSERIAL NUMBER-CHEMISTRYLIonDESIGN CAPACITY38,000 mWhFULL...