Windows 10: Why my monitor goes OFF after some standby time ??

Discus and support Why my monitor goes OFF after some standby time ?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro, ver. 1709, on a Dell Vostro 3668 desktop. My monitor doesn't remain in stand-by mode (LED blinking) as much as required,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by newu873, Dec 28, 2018.

1. newu873 Win User

Why my monitor goes OFF after some standby time ??

Hi,

I have Windows 10 Pro, ver. 1709, on a Dell Vostro 3668 desktop.

My monitor doesn't remain in stand-by mode (LED blinking) as much as required, but goes OFF both when the PC is idle & ON and when the PC is sleeping. The same monitor used to remain in stand-by mode forever (as much as I wanted) without going OFF, In Windows 7 and Windows XP. Now I have set the time for Display Turn Off on 15 minutes. This option is supposed to send it to stand-by mode and keep it there as long as I wish. But instead of that, after 15 minutes of stand-by mode it goes OFF.

How I can make the monitor remaining in stand-by mode as much as I want both when the PC is ON & idle and when the PC is sleeping ??

:)

newu873, Dec 28, 2018
  2. Toothless Win User

Monitor goes to standby and loses signal

You're pretty nice to work on an ex's rig. Is it the monitor going to standby AND the system or just one of them?

Toothless, Dec 28, 2018
  3. kodex Win User
    Screen goes blank after changing BIOS settings/

I don't know how long this has been happening, a few weeks at least, but whenever I change a setting in my BIOS (and save & exit), my screen goes blank and my monitor goes into standby. Any suggestions to fix this?

kodex, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Why my monitor goes OFF after some standby time ??

Pc will not wake up from Standby

When i go into standby mode then click any button or press power button the computer the monitor is still blanked out. and will nto come back on. any suggestions?

accordpower99, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Why my monitor goes OFF after some standby time ??

1. Why my monitor goes OFF after some standby time ?? - Similar Threads - Why monitor goes

2. My display/monitor randomly goes into standby.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My display/monitor randomly goes into standby.: Hi, I'm getting very annoyed with this problem. I can be in the middle of work, video editing, gaming, or the PC can be idle and this will happen. There doesn't seem to be any pattern.My display/monitor began to randomly switch into standby quite a while ago now. Sometimes,...
  3. My display/monitor randomly goes into standby.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My display/monitor randomly goes into standby.: Hi, I'm getting very annoyed with this problem. I can be in the middle of work, video editing, gaming, or the PC can be idle and this will happen. There doesn't seem to be any pattern.My display/monitor began to randomly switch into standby quite a while ago now. Sometimes,...
  4. My display/monitor randomly goes into standby.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to keep resolution even when monitor goes to standby

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to keep resolution even when monitor goes to standby: Hi everyone, what to add to registry so resolution of the desktop stays same even when monitor go to sleep mode = windows can't detect it and change resolution of output to 800x600 which causes disorder of icons and allocation of all the windows in the top left corner. I...
  6. Windows loses external monitor sound output after laptop goes on standby

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows loses external monitor sound output after laptop goes on standby: I have an external monitor connected to my laptop and I have a set of speakers connected to the audio output of my monitor. Most of the times, everything works fine, but sometimes my laptop forgets that the external screen has an audio output. This happens when I wake it up...
  7. Laptop goes to standby when screen turns off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop goes to standby when screen turns off: Dear community, I am experiencing an issue where the laptop goes to standby every time the screen turns off. If "Never" is set for "Turn off the display", then the laptop does not go to standby but also the screen stays on. But if the "Put the computer to sleep" is set to...
  8. Monitor does not goes off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor does not goes off: I have set my power option to go off the monitor after 20 minutes and computer to go off - Never. But the monitor never goes off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-does-not-goes-off/2de13d24-ac74-49f0-8ea8-60a732db1a44
  9. Monitor Goes Dark From Time To Time

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Goes Dark From Time To Time: My monitor goes like 70% dark from time to time example when I open Irfanview but I have not loaded a image yet it goes like 70% how do I fix it so the monitor never goes dark??
  10. Why my monitor goes OFF after some standby time ??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why my monitor goes OFF after some standby time ??: I have Windows 10 Pro, ver. 1709, on a Dell Vostro 3668 desktop. My monitor doesn't remain in stand-by mode (LED blinking) as much as required, but goes OFF both when the PC is idle & ON and when the PC is sleeping. The same monitor used to remain in stand-by mode forever...