Windows 10: Why my monitor goes OFF after some standby time ??

Discus and support Why my monitor goes OFF after some standby time ?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro, ver. 1709, on a Dell Vostro 3668 desktop. My monitor doesn't remain in stand-by mode (LED blinking) as much as required,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by newu873, Dec 28, 2018.

1. newu873 Win User

Why my monitor goes OFF after some standby time ??

Hi,

I have Windows 10 Pro, ver. 1709, on a Dell Vostro 3668 desktop.

My monitor doesn't remain in stand-by mode (LED blinking) as much as required, but goes OFF both when the PC is idle & ON and when the PC is sleeping. The same monitor used to remain in stand-by mode forever (as much as I wanted) without going OFF, In Windows 7 and Windows XP. Now I have set the time for Display Turn Off on 15 minutes. This option is supposed to send it to stand-by mode and keep it there as long as I wish. But instead of that, after 15 minutes of stand-by mode it goes OFF.

How I can make the monitor remaining in stand-by mode as much as I want both when the PC is ON & idle and when the PC is sleeping ??

:)

newu873, Dec 28, 2018
  2. Toothless Win User

Monitor goes to standby and loses signal

You're pretty nice to work on an ex's rig. Is it the monitor going to standby AND the system or just one of them?

Toothless, Dec 28, 2018
  3. kodex Win User
    Screen goes blank after changing BIOS settings/

I don't know how long this has been happening, a few weeks at least, but whenever I change a setting in my BIOS (and save & exit), my screen goes blank and my monitor goes into standby. Any suggestions to fix this?

kodex, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Why my monitor goes OFF after some standby time ??

Pc will not wake up from Standby

When i go into standby mode then click any button or press power button the computer the monitor is still blanked out. and will nto come back on. any suggestions?

accordpower99, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Why my monitor goes OFF after some standby time ??

1. Why my monitor goes OFF after some standby time ?? - Similar Threads - Why monitor goes

2. Windows 10 is not turning off my monitors after 10 minutes of inactivity. WHY?????

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 is not turning off my monitors after 10 minutes of inactivity. WHY?????: Windows 10 is not turning off my monitors after 10 minutes of inactivity. What must I do to get this fixed???? I do NOT want my computer to sleep, but I do want the monitors to power off....
  3. Laptop screen dose not on after it goes off in specified time

Laptop screen dose not on after it goes off in specified time: hello, my laptop screen dose not on after it goes off in specified time. power button led keeps on, hard disk led keeps flashing and wifi button keeps flashing as those dose when in normal so there are no sign of sleep mode when this happens. Just the laptop screen dose not...
  4. Every time I leave my computer on after 5 minutes it goes off and I have to enter my...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Every time I leave my computer on after 5 minutes it goes off and I have to enter my...: HOw do stop having to enter my password every 5 minutes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-leave-my-computer-on-after-5-minutes/62237588-4904-438b-9d2e-5ad353fdc16d
  5. Why my monitor goes OFF after some standby time ??

Why my monitor goes OFF after some standby time ??: I have Windows 10 Pro, ver. 1709, on a Dell Vostro 3668 desktop. My monitor doesn't remain in stand-by mode (LED blinking) as much as required, but goes OFF both when the PC is idle & ON and when the PC is sleeping. The same monitor used to remain in stand-by mode forever...
  6. Monitor goes off after Windows 10 boot logo but the pc is still running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor goes off after Windows 10 boot logo but the pc is still running: I'm having this problem for a while, when I turn on PC it boots completely fine to the Windows 10 logo and when the logo is completed it proceeds and my monitor goes off but my pc is still running and no minidump is created (a CRITICAL error is generated in event viewer). So...
  7. screen goes blank after leaving my laptop on for some time,then i fold my laptop and then...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen goes blank after leaving my laptop on for some time,then i fold my laptop and then...: Screen goes blank after I left it on after using it for some time. Then I folds my laptop and then unfolds it ,it starts working...
  8. Avoid sound turning off after some time of inactivity?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Avoid sound turning off after some time of inactivity?: I had to reset my Acer Aspire E 15 (Acer E5-573), Windows 10 Home, 64bit. After some time the sound, e.g. music (played with a music player program) is turned off automatically and the amplifier plugged in in the HDMI socket of the Notebook, a Pioneer VSX-830-K,...
  9. Monitor turns off when computer goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor turns off when computer goes to sleep: Hi everyone, This is a really small problem but I just want to get down to the cause of it. I am running windows 10 with dual monitors and every time the computer goes to sleep one of the monitors turns off and requires me to push the power button on the monitor to turn it...
  10. Wow - time goes by!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wow - time goes by!!: Have today upgraded 2 'older' laptops from 1607 to 1703. I did this using the Microsoft upgrade assistant. The 2 machines are slow - so expected this to take some time. In the end this took 5 and a half hours each.Is this normal? Surely if this was a clean install using a...