Windows 10: why my new laptop set in selective startup ?

Discus and support why my new laptop set in selective startup ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I purchased dell laptop with window 10 . My ms config in general tab is set to selective startup with check 3 option you see in image [ATTACH]but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mr.Shivam Mishra, Jun 19, 2020.

1. why my new laptop set in selective startup ?

When I purchased dell laptop with window 10 . My ms config in general tab is set to selective startup with check 3 option you see in image why my new laptop set in selective startup ? 3993bc5a-3c15-419b-b1cf-ca76d25aa1ba?upload=true.jpg but normally ms config in new laptop set in normal startup . so why my new laptop set in selective startup ?

:)

Mr.Shivam Mishra, Jun 19, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jun 19, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jun 19, 2020
  4. why my new laptop set in selective startup ?

Startup Settings not showing up

Hello,

Thank you for posting your issue in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are not able to get the settings option in recovery environment from Window Startup. We will be happy to assist you with this issue.

We suggest you to try the below steps and check if you are able to get the Startup settings option.

• Restart your PC. When you get to the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key
      down while you select Power
      why my new laptop set in selective startup ? [​IMG]
      >
      Restart.

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options >
      Startup Settings.

Let us know if it helps. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

why my new laptop set in selective startup ?

1. why my new laptop set in selective startup ? - Similar Threads - why laptop set

2. select option in startup settings of Surface Go 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    select option in startup settings of Surface Go 2: I am trying to select an option in the startup settings but the on screen keyboard not working in that mode and bluetooth connected keyboard can't seem to operate in that mode either. How do I select an option?? Thx...
  3. select option in startup settings of Surface Go 2

in Windows 10 Customization
    select option in startup settings of Surface Go 2: I am trying to select an option in the startup settings but the on screen keyboard not working in that mode and bluetooth connected keyboard can't seem to operate in that mode either. How do I select an option?? Thx...
  4. MSCONFIG: Startup selection always reverting to selective after setting it to normal

MSCONFIG: Startup selection always reverting to selective after setting it to normal: In System Configuration, the Startup selection is set to selective and whenever I apply, it keeps on reverting to selective. I need this changed because I need normal for it to start my device drivers because I need to manually do it, and it gets really annoyingto have to do...
  5. Startup Selection Reverts from Normal to Selective Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup Selection Reverts from Normal to Selective Startup: When I select "normal startup" in System Config it always reverts back to "selective startup". All the boxes in Advanced T. S.have been cleared. I have read on this forum I'm not alone with this issue and isn't really a problem. My question is if I select the " make all boot...
  6. set selective startup to normal startup

set selective startup to normal startup: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amw9ge5K2qfAc4ecpewnu1YUwU0?e=PpCP9eon selecting normal startupafter restart it back switch into selective startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-selective-startup-to-normal-startup/4462d18e-c5e1-4939-86d4-7f38755e6759
  7. Why is my new microphone not appearing as a selectable input device?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is my new microphone not appearing as a selectable input device?: So i just recently got myself the Rode NT1-A and was suprised by the fact it is not even appearing in my microphone settings as a selectable device. I got a neewer phantom power so the mic would actually be able to work because its a condenser microphone. This problem...
  8. Issues with my laptop's startup settings

Issues with my laptop's startup settings: Please, while trying to disable the "drivers signature enforcement" on my laptop through the startup settings section. Immediately I clicked on restart, that dialog that is suppose to show me options, including the option to disable the drivers signature enforcement will just...
  9. why my new laptop set in selective startup ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    why my new laptop set in selective startup ?: When I purchased dell laptop with window 10 . My ms config in general tab is set to selective startup with check 3 option you see in image [ATTACH]but normally ms config in new laptop set in normal startup . so why my new laptop set in selective startup ?...
  10. Why does system configuration stick with "Selective Startup" ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does system configuration stick with "Selective Startup" ?: Hi All, My Windows 10 home-64b works flawlessly, but I've realized that the system configuration stubbornly continues to initiate under "Selective Startup" instead of "Normal Startup" which makes me wonder which "services" cannot be loaded. I've tried to change it but it...