Windows 10: Why my Nokia Lumia 1020 can't Upgradable to Windows 10

Discus and support Why my Nokia Lumia 1020 can't Upgradable to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Team, I want to update my Nokia Lumia 1020 to windows 10. Please let me know is there a any way to upgrade it to latest one. Thanks, Santhosh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Santhosh Kumar Raman, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Why my Nokia Lumia 1020 can't Upgradable to Windows 10

Hi Team,

I want to update my Nokia Lumia 1020 to windows 10.

Please let me know is there a any way to upgrade it to latest one.

Thanks,

Santhosh kumar R

:)

Santhosh Kumar Raman, Aug 27, 2019
  2. Dos101 Win User
  3. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Why my Nokia Lumia 1020 can't Upgradable to Windows 10 [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows 10 Preview On Nokia Lumia 920 - Windows Central Forums
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

4. Why my Nokia Lumia 1020 can't Upgradable to Windows 10

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

Add me to the list. I've been using my Nokia Lumia 1020 since November of 2013

WhiteNoise, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Why my Nokia Lumia 1020 can't Upgradable to Windows 10

1. Why my Nokia Lumia 1020 can't Upgradable to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Why Nokia Lumia

2. MY LUMIA 1020 WAS BRICKED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY LUMIA 1020 WAS BRICKED: software issue Hi can you help me fix my problem So I updated my lumia 1020 to windows 10 using the tutorial I find on youtube and I want to downgrade it again to windows 8.1 since it was laggy when I was done flashing my lumia 1020 to windows 8.1 my phone was Unable to find...
  3. MY LUMIA 1020 WAS BRICKED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MY LUMIA 1020 WAS BRICKED: software issue Hi can you help me fix my problem So I updated my lumia 1020 to windows 10 using the tutorial I find on youtube and I want to downgrade it again to windows 8.1 since it was laggy when I was done flashing my lumia 1020 to windows 8.1 my phone was Unable to find...
  4. UPGRADE NOKIA LUMIA 640 LTE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UPGRADE NOKIA LUMIA 640 LTE: Good morning,I have a Nokia Lumia 640 LTE and i want to upgrade with windows 10. I tried and manage to have now a version 15063.1868 of windows 10 but the system inform me that it needs at least a 16299.0 version and x86, i have arm. I communicate with Microsoft in Greece and...
  5. UPGRADE NOKIA LUMIA 640 LTE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UPGRADE NOKIA LUMIA 640 LTE: Good morning,I have a Nokia Lumia 640 LTE and i want to upgrade with windows 10. I tried and manage to have now a version 15063.1868 of windows 10 but the system inform me that it needs at least a 16299.0 version and x86, i have arm. I communicate with Microsoft in Greece and...
  6. Nokia Lumia

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nokia Lumia: I purchased a lumia more than 10 years ago but not used it in about 9 years because it wouldn't charge. Couldn't throw the phone away because it has sentimental photos. Its now repaired......but photos have vanished. Any ideas on how to get them back?...
  7. Nokia Lumia

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nokia Lumia: I purchased a lumia more than 10 years ago but not used it in about 9 years because it wouldn't charge. Couldn't throw the phone away because it has sentimental photos. Its now repaired......but photos have vanished. Any ideas on how to get them back?...
  8. Nokia Lumia

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. nokia lumia 10

nokia lumia 10: how do i download the whatsapp app on nokia lumia 10 . Its failed the times i have tried https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nokia-lumia-10/963b113f-5368-4527-85a5-a45bbd5282eb
  10. Windows 10 Mobile on Lumia 1020

Windows 10 Mobile on Lumia 1020: how can my garbage phone, LG G6 run windows 10 but my far superior Lumia 1020 can not? Am I the only one who feels like Microsoft doesn't like Windows Phone users?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why isnt my nokia 1020 connecting to store

2. why cant my nokia 1020 connect

3. lumia 1020 cant sign in to windows account

4. can nokia 1020 be upgraded to windows 10