Windows 10: Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct

Discus and support Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, So this morning I woke up and opened my computer, then I opened settings and replaced my old microsoft account with my new one. After that I shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AdamDanish2, Jan 9, 2022.

1. Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct

Hi, So this morning I woke up and opened my computer, then I opened settings and replaced my old microsoft account with my new one. After that I shut downed my pc and went to shower. After I finished showering, I turn my pc back on, then it says I need to download something to open this task? So I decided to reset my pc keep my file after that it asked for my password, I entered exactly my password and it says incorrect. I know my password that I typed was correct because I tried it on my phone.

:)

AdamDanish2, Jan 9, 2022

2. Incorrect Password with correct password!

So this is new. I refreshed my PC due to some odd issues and relinstalled some needed drivers. One being for my Netgear A6210 (which has been giving me troubles in the past like failing to connect to the network when waking up from sleep).

So my A6210 has no issue connecting to my 2.4Ghz network but now (which it didn't used to do before) it tells me my password for my 5G network is incorrect even though I know for a fact it is correct. My phone at the same distance as my wireless adapter connect to the 5G network with the same pass. I even changed the pass and had my phone connect to it again but the A6210 just fails to accept the pass. Windows just keeps telling me its incorrect.

I couldn't find much searching the web on this. Most say to reset router but the router is ok (since my phone can connect). I tried re installing the driver for it but issue persists.

To make sure it isn't some keyboard fault I copy the password exactly as it is set in the router's wireless setting page and paste it when it asks for the key.

AphexDreamer, Jan 9, 2022
  3. Incorrect Password with correct password!

Did you try typing it in notepad then copying it over?

I think, in your situation, I would change the router password and propagate the change. I do passwords in all capitals and numbers now, eliminating characters like O because it looks too similar to 0. It cut down on the password reentry attempts dramatically. They're still 32 characters long though, so still extremely secure.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 9, 2022
  4. 7.62 Win User

Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

7.62, Jan 9, 2022
Thema:

Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct

1. Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct - Similar Threads - Why password incorrect

2. Screen black, and incorrect Microsoft password even though it is correct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen black, and incorrect Microsoft password even though it is correct: Hi, I have a Lenovo ideapad 330 , and got a black screen on startup, i only get the Lenovo logo then it goes blank. I tried several solutions online but the screen is still black. I tried entering safe mode but the screen is still black and can’t do anything. I tried entering...
  3. Screen black, and incorrect Microsoft password even though it is correct

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen black, and incorrect Microsoft password even though it is correct: Hi, I have a Lenovo ideapad 330 , and got a black screen on startup, i only get the Lenovo logo then it goes blank. I tried several solutions online but the screen is still black. I tried entering safe mode but the screen is still black and can’t do anything. I tried entering...
  4. Screen black, and incorrect Microsoft password even though it is correct

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. "Incorrect Password" even though I know I'm typing it correctly. Can I plug in this hard...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Incorrect Password" even though I know I'm typing it correctly. Can I plug in this hard...: I have a laptop that I use every day with Windows 10 installed. My computer went to sleep earlier today, and ever since then my password is saying "incorrect password" when I try to login again. I do not have an admin account setup on this laptop, and every option I have...
  6. Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct: Hi, So this morning I woke up and opened my computer, then I opened settings and replaced my old microsoft account with my new one. After that I shut downed my pc and went to shower. After I finished showering, I turn my pc back on, then it says I need to download something...
  7. Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct: Hi, So this morning I woke up and opened my computer, then I opened settings and replaced my old microsoft account with my new one. After that I shut downed my pc and went to shower. After I finished showering, I turn my pc back on, then it says I need to download something...
  8. my computer password is incorrect, even though it's right.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my computer password is incorrect, even though it's right.: Once again, the password is NOT the issue.I've tried all forum solutions like:-Checking keyboard/using on-screen keyboard-Resetting password using install disk-Microsoft account -Rebooting multiple times& the other Troubleshoot solutions did not work for me since it still...
  9. Windows 10 says my password is incorrect even though my password is correct.

Windows 10 says my password is incorrect even though my password is correct.: Every time I try to log into this specific device it says my password for my Microsoft account is incorrect, even though it is the correct password as it's the same account and password I use on other devices which work just fine. I've tried using the onscreen keyboard to...
  10. Microsoft says my password is incorrect even though it is correct and when I change it it...

Microsoft says my password is incorrect even though it is correct and when I change it it...: Every time I try to log in to anything with my Microsoft account, it just doesn't work. The only thing that does is their website. When I put in my CORRECT password it says it's invalid, but when I try to change it it says that it's an old password and I can't use it. If you...