Windows 10: why my pc can't install software he teel windows cannot access the specified device, path...

Discus and support why my pc can't install software he teel windows cannot access the specified device, path... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; why my pc can't install software he teel windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You my not have the appropriate permissions to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ANDRIAMAMONJYMbolatiana, Jun 29, 2019.

1. why my pc can't install software he teel windows cannot access the specified device, path...

why my pc can't install software he teel windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You my not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

:)

ANDRIAMAMONJYMbolatiana, Jun 29, 2019
  2. Ernie San Win User

Microsoft Photos can't access specified device, path or file

Hello Suraj,

One of the possible reason why you are getting an error message "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item",
    may be due to the corrupted shortcut, if the file needs a permission or
    error if the shortcut or installation is attempting to access a location that is not currently available such as a networked or a removable drive. In order for us to assist you better, we'd like to ask the following:

• Did you make any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue? If yes, tell us more about it.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you checked if you are using the administrator access? If yes, do you have any guess or standard profile on your computer?
    • Which application are you using to access photos? Is it an application that you download from the Microsoft Store?

Meanwhile, we recommend checking the article about "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file" error when you try to install, update or start a program or file
    on this link. It's applicable to Windows 7, this is to guide us to
    isolate the main issue why you are unable to access the photos on your device.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Jun 29, 2019
  3. windows cannot access the specified device path or file

Hello Basha,

This issue can occur if any of the following scenarios exist on your PC:

• You do not have permissions to the file or the file location.
    • The file is on a location that is not currently accessible like a network location or an external drive that is not currently connected to the PC.
    • The file has been moved or deleted.
    • The file or shortcut is corrupt.
    • The file may be blocked by Windows.
    • Your antivirus software may be blocking the file.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Are you using any 3rd-party antivirus software?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, let's troubleshoot the issue by performing the steps below:

Method 1: Check the permission of the file or folder

Permissions are rules associated with files that determine if you can access the file and what you can do with it. To check the permission of the file or folder, follow these steps:

• Right-click the file or folder, and then select Properties.
    • Select the Security tab.
    • Under Group or User names, click your name to see the permissions you have. (The screen shot for this step is listed below).
    • Select Edit, and then select to check the check boxes for the permissions that you need, and then select OK. (The screen shot for this step is listed below).

Method 2: Check the file location

You might get this error if the shortcut or installation is attempting to access a location that is not currently available such as a networked or a removable drive. Check the path of the file that Windows cannot access and make sure that the location is
    accessible. (The screen shot for this step is listed below).

why my pc can't install software he teel windows cannot access the specified device, path... a7248d5a-f744-4993-b865-f9890a7f41dc.png

Method 3: Recreate the shortcut to check for corruption

You can also receive this error if the shortcut or other file type has become corrupt. You can check for corruption in shortcuts by recreating the shortcut. To do this, see

Create or delete a shortcut.

If an application or other type of file is corrupt it may be necessary to repair the application to resolve the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 29, 2019
  4. why my pc can't install software he teel windows cannot access the specified device, path...

windows cannot access the specified device,path or file.

apparently I cant join my game due to windows not being able to access the specified device, path or file. I may not have the permissions but I've checked everything and looked online and nothing is fixing it. it is for H1z1 and ive just transferred PC.
    Can you please help me.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Ease of access ]

BenProctor, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

why my pc can't install software he teel windows cannot access the specified device, path...

1. why my pc can't install software he teel windows cannot access the specified device, path... - Similar Threads - why can't install

2. Windows cannot access the specified device path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot access the specified device path: "C:\Program Files\AMD\Cnext\Cnext\ANDRSSERV.exe" cant be accessed it comes up whenever I try to launch a game Im still able to play it but its a popup. I tried to give it access but its not working and since the pc is brand new and I dont have anything on it I tried a factory...
  3. Windows cannot access the specified device path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot access the specified device path: "C:\Program Files\AMD\Cnext\Cnext\ANDRSSERV.exe" cant be accessed it comes up whenever I try to launch a game Im still able to play it but its a popup. I tried to give it access but its not working and since the pc is brand new and I dont have anything on it I tried a factory...
  4. Windows cannot access the specified device path

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file: Hello,a few days ago I started having the following problem: when I try to open a video in the, for example, Splash Lite, i get the message that "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file, etc." However, when I try to open the same file in Windows Media...
  6. Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. ....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. ....: Hi,I'm receiving this on restart, after latest Windows Update. Please advise.Thanks!Regards,Harel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-access-the-specified-device-path-or/5e58ce4e-8538-4000-af10-c8bd19c8c2a1
  7. Windows Cannot Access the Specified Device, Path, or File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Cannot Access the Specified Device, Path, or File: i have checked the properties and by all means i should be able to launch the new games i downloaded off the windows store but for some reason i continue to get the error message "Windows Cannot Access the Specified Device, Path, or File". this does not happen when playing...
  8. Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file...: I am trying to open task manager but it wont open with CTRL + ALT + Delete and CTRL + SHIFT + ESC so I tried opening it as an administrator from the search menu and it game this error: [ATTACH] is there a virus or what I tried every thing given at this page:...
  9. Windows cannot access the specified device path

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows cannot access the specified device path: so i have had this problem it said this windows cannot access the specified device path or file you may not have appropriate permissions and when i try to figer it out i dont have account roll of the adminster and i dont know what do plz help me it wold help a lot ps hi...
  10. Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file: Hello. Just installed Win10. I'm having trouble both opening and renaming/changing some files. I had no trouble before on win8. I am administrator with elevated previliges. I changed UAC level to the lowest. I keep getting this error: "Windows cannot access the...