Windows 10: Why my PC is getting slower after some time?

Discus and support Why my PC is getting slower after some time? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, this is my first time posting this kind of question, but I don't really know where to go next with my problem. In summary - after a restart my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Fullbring3r, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Why my PC is getting slower after some time?

Hello, this is my first time posting this kind of question, but I don't really know where to go next with my problem.

In summary - after a restart my PC works pretty fast and everything is fine, but after less then 24 hours it feels slow and laggy.

I use my computer for work and gaming. Usually it's working 24/7 and I don't really like to turn it off, cause of some work related stuff and well gaming too (I mostly run a few windows with the same game, different chars, low graphics).

I can understand lags when I load my machine with everything at the same time and can see the load at Process Explorer/hacker (my cpu suffers most) but what I can't understand is why when I'm unloading it all it still works slow. And nothing helps except reboot.

My specs:

1. Intel Core i7 7700k 4.7Ghz (aircooled, temps usually below 70°C )
    2. 64GB 3200 DDR4 Corsair Memory (4x16)
    3. ROG Strtix z270e
    4. Asus ROG 1080ti
    5. A bunch of SSDs, no HDDs
    6. be quiet 750w PSU
    7. Windows 10 build 19041.172

It feels like some cache is building up around my memory or CPU(no sure it's a thing though).

I tried all the updating OC and drivers stuff, currently everything is updated.

Been switching between insider builds past several years but currently waiting for next major release to switch to.

Restarting Explorer helps a bit with alttabbing and other window management stuff, but not really, it's getting a bit better than absolutely bad in terms of responsiveness.

Usually there's a lot of remote connections to vpns, rdps, sshs and other work related stuff, a couple of browsers (trying to minimize count of tabs and trying not to launch both browsers at the same time) some game windows running in background. "lags" are still happening even if a kill all above.

So my question is - what can I do to improve my comfort time of using PC?

submitted by /u/Fullbring3r
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Fullbring3r, Apr 3, 2020
  2. 40wnks Win User

Boot time is getting slower and slower

I built my latest PC and upgraded the Windows 10 Home 32 bit to 64 bit back in December. I have 32GB RAM and have an I7 processor. My boot times continue to get slower and slower the past several months. I have googled solutions and tried many including booting into safe (no faster), using msconfig and the bootlog and verbose boot log and disabling services etc. Nothing seems to improve it. The OS is on a 256 GB OCZ SSD. I would love suggestions to speed up the boot which is about 4 minutes now. Would doing a clean install with a newly purchased Windows 10 Home or Pro solve it. That is my last choice. Thanks for reading.
    Thanks,
    Bill

40wnks, Apr 3, 2020
  3. badrobot Win User
    Boot time is getting slower and slower

Getting a new Windows License has nothing to do with boot up speed. If you are considering a clean install, that is your best bet. If you have an activated Windows 10, you don't have to worry about license. Just skip that part during installation and it will get activated after completing the installation. Go for it!
    With SSD, the longest boot up time should not take more than a minute.
    Mine takes 9 sec (with M.2 SSD).

badrobot, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Why my PC is getting slower after some time?

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Why my PC is getting slower after some time?

1. Why my PC is getting slower after some time? - Similar Threads - Why getting slower

2. My pc is running slower idk why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is running slower idk why: I was listening to music on my pc then out of no where it froze on me being the only tab up. I turn off the pc by holding the power button but now my pc is just running slower I check for viruses none, update my computer to the latest windows 11 update, made space on the ssd,...
  3. My pc is running slower idk why

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc is running slower idk why: I was listening to music on my pc then out of no where it froze on me being the only tab up. I turn off the pc by holding the power button but now my pc is just running slower I check for viruses none, update my computer to the latest windows 11 update, made space on the ssd,...
  4. Why is my pc slower after reinstalling it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my pc slower after reinstalling it?: My pc got suddenly slow and i have decided to reinstall it.I got a new windows from microsoft's website. I reinstalled and everything was fine and working but the installation took over 3 hours which was strange at first.I also "reinstalled" my bios via 'load defaults' where...
  5. Why is my pc slower after reinstalling it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my pc slower after reinstalling it?: My pc got suddenly slow and i have decided to reinstall it.I got a new windows from microsoft's website. I reinstalled and everything was fine and working but the installation took over 3 hours which was strange at first.I also "reinstalled" my bios via 'load defaults' where...
  6. Why is my pc slower after reinstalling it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My computer is getting slower

My computer is getting slower: My PC has been acting up for the past months and it's been bugging around with errors. Thankfully I got them resolved but my pc is getting slower and slower by the day even though I don't do anything much with it. I've played Minecraft on it for 7-8 months but it's being...
  8. PC is getting slower and windows problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is getting slower and windows problems: My Pc suddently started to get slower and slower and i dont know why also i have problems with installing windows updates because if i try to download them i get a problemcode. And when i play a game it suddently freezes for 1 or 2 seconds and sometimes even longer and so...
  9. Performance of pc get slower

Performance of pc get slower: I have instal the window 10 on my pc then after my pc get slower as my pc is of 1gb ram then tell please what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/performance-of-pc-get-slower/ec9d7ed0-f8ef-4516-b19f-cfc9dedc8987
  10. Boot time is getting slower and slower

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot time is getting slower and slower: I built my latest PC and upgraded the Windows 10 Home 32 bit to 64 bit back in December. I have 32GB RAM and have an I7 processor. My boot times continue to get slower and slower the past several months. I have googled solutions and tried many including booting into safe (no...