Windows 10: Why my pc is not recognizing the portable CD DRIVE

Discus and support Why my pc is not recognizing the portable CD DRIVE in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my laptop HP ENVY X360 serial number 8CG8464YTL. whenever I plug in my portable cd driveLG-GP10NB20 nothing is showing in file explorePLEASE IS ANYONE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by imran khan1, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Why my pc is not recognizing the portable CD DRIVE

my laptop HP ENVY X360 serial number 8CG8464YTL. whenever I plug in my portable cd driveLG-GP10NB20 nothing is showing in file explorePLEASE IS ANYONE CAN HELP ME OUTTHANKS

:)

imran khan1, Jul 2, 2022

2. Portable CD PLAYER not recognized

Original Title: Portable CD PLAYER

Notebook won't recognize portable cd player

ThomasJuza, Jul 2, 2022
  3. Portable CD PLAYER not recognized

Hi Thomas,

Your CD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows? I suggest you to perform hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.
    The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which checks the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues and provides the details on how to fix them. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    I also suggest you to go to the Device Manager> CD/DVD> Driver's Tab> click Update Drivers- then RIGHT CLICK the drive>
    UNINSTALL> reboot this will refresh the default driver stack.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jul 2, 2022
  4. Why my pc is not recognizing the portable CD DRIVE

CD/DVD drive not recognized

---I'm okay with opening latops. I've opened this one 3 times, adding SSD HD and upgrading RAM. I'll be able to try this later on, Friday, probably. With it spinning up when a CD is inserted, I'm not sure this would help. I'd appreciate advice on this.

Why my pc is not recognizing the portable CD DRIVE [​IMG]

DellySheCorte, Jul 2, 2022
Thema:

Why my pc is not recognizing the portable CD DRIVE

1. Why my pc is not recognizing the portable CD DRIVE - Similar Threads - Why recognizing portable

2. Why my pc is not recognizing the portable CD DRIVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my pc is not recognizing the portable CD DRIVE: my laptop HP ENVY X360 serial number 8CG8464YTL. whenever I plug in my portable cd driveLG-GP10NB20 nothing is showing in file explorePLEASE IS ANYONE CAN HELP ME OUTTHANKS...
  3. My CD drive does not recognize my CDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My CD drive does not recognize my CDs: My CD drive does not recognize my CDs Windows 10 Home Version 1809 I've tried some things but it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cd-drive-does-not-recognize-my-cds/5669eaef-c4d6-4d92-908e-4889b6660cbe
  4. portable hard drives. removal of even recognizing

portable hard drives. removal of even recognizing: I kept all my info on my hard drives, suddenly when I needed info plugged the drive in nothing, neither of them, on either computer a 7 and this one a 10. They worked perfectly last time they were used, one a bluestork, and the other being a freecom. tried different leads but...
  5. CD's not recognized by pc,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CD's not recognized by pc,: I need to re-install HP software from CD. It's playing. But, no sound & nothing on screen. Tried an audio CD. Still same thing. Have Windows 10. Haven't played CD's for a few years. Had to brush a lot of dust from CD tray....
  6. My CD/DVD drive is no longer recognized.

My CD/DVD drive is no longer recognized.: My CD/DVD drive is not recognized by my HP Elitebook. I tried uninstalling the driver and restarting the system several times. When I restart, the drivers are reinstalled and Device Manager reports that the drive is working correctly. However, the drive does not show up in...
  7. My CD/DVD drive will sometimes not recognize or play a CD when inserted, why?

My CD/DVD drive will sometimes not recognize or play a CD when inserted, why?: My CD/DVD drive in my desktop computer (HP) will sometimes not do anything when I insert a CD. At times, when I attempt to open it by the use of file manager, it will open the drive, as if to "throw out" the CD, One CD I tried to use was a new program I bought. I tried it...
  8. no recognizing the cd/dvd drive.

no recognizing the cd/dvd drive.: my new computeronly 2 weeks old will not see my cd/dvd player. i have tried several different disk and rebooted the computer but still no recognizing the drive...
  9. Windows 10 not recognizing my cd drive

Windows 10 not recognizing my cd drive: Suddenly today Windows 10 doesn't recognize my CD drive. Help anybody? 49821
  10. CD/DVD drive not recognized

CD/DVD drive not recognized: I installed Windows 10 as an upgrade to Windows 8. My Dell laptop does not see the DVD drive. I had no success getting the drive to work in Windows 8 and (maybe of course) it doesnt see it now. This seems to be a common problem I have tried numerous fixes but have not had...