Windows 10: why my pc randomly go sleep again and again

Discus and support why my pc randomly go sleep again and again in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I don't know about my PC randomly go to sleep and when I on pc I can use it sometimes it's gone again and again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Raduan HabibMahdi, Jun 9, 2021.

1. why my pc randomly go sleep again and again

I don't know about my PC randomly go to sleep and when I on pc I can use it sometimes it's gone again and again

:)

Raduan HabibMahdi, Jun 9, 2021
  2. TinKode Win User
    TinKode, Jun 9, 2021
  3. Oliverbgn Win User
    PC going into sleep mode randomly even if in use

I downloaded and installed the display driver with no luck. It's still going into sleep mode randomly.

Any other suggestion I can try? Thanks

Oliverbgn, Jun 9, 2021
  4. why my pc randomly go sleep again and again

PC randomly goes to sleep

Hello Richard,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

To be able to understand the issue better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the PC you are referring to? Because, power option settings are different for a desktop and a laptop.
    • Are you sure that you are not pressing any button that makes the computer to go to sleep when typing? There are some buttons positioned in such a way on the keyboard that just pressing it can cause it to function.
    • Did you check if similar issues occur when you log in to Windows using a different Local Administrator account?

Now please follow the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Try to delete/reset the existing power plans created in Windows, and check if it helps.

Note: The only power plans you can delete are the ones you create and those provided by the PC manufacturer—you can't delete the Balanced plan, or the plan that you're using.

Follow the below steps to first reset all the power plans in Windows and then create a new one to check if it makes any positive impact on the situation.

Step 1:

1. Press Windows key + X from the keyboard.

2. Choose Command prompt from the context menu.

3. In the command prompt, type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes
    and press Enter.

4. Exit command prompt.

Step 2:

Next, try to create a new Power Plan and check if it helps. Review the below Microsoft Help article.

Ref: Power plans: frequently asked questions

(Links relevant for Windows 8.1 also applies to Windows 10)

Method 2

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Follow the steps:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate Local user account, I suggest you to create another Local administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to sleep function in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

why my pc randomly go sleep again and again

1. why my pc randomly go sleep again and again - Similar Threads - why randomly sleep

2. why does edge keep getting installed again and again and again and again and again and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does edge keep getting installed again and again and again and again and again and...: Don't need itDon't want itDon't care for itI'm getting tired of uninstalling it on every windows updatePlease stop forcing it on me. It makes me feel depressed, humiliated, forced to swallow garbage. I feel like crying every time this happened. Are you trying to make me...
  3. why does edge keep getting installed again and again and again and again and again and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does edge keep getting installed again and again and again and again and again and...: Don't need itDon't want itDon't care for itI'm getting tired of uninstalling it on every windows updatePlease stop forcing it on me. It makes me feel depressed, humiliated, forced to swallow garbage. I feel like crying every time this happened. Are you trying to make me...
  4. no sleep option again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no sleep option again: I have just got a pc off ebay with win 10 pro installed. I am trying to personalise it as one does but I'm getting no "sleep" option. I had this problem before and Paulo GM an indie advisor helped me with this link...
  5. no sleep option again

no sleep option again: I have just got a pc off ebay with win 10 pro installed. I am trying to personalise it as one does but I'm getting no "sleep" option. I had this problem before and Paulo GM an indie advisor helped me with this link...
  6. Why CPU going to sleep again and again while I'm using?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why CPU going to sleep again and again while I'm using?: So I'm using my PC and it goes to sleep, i click Enter button twice it comes back and then after 2-3 minutes it goes back to sleep. If I don't use the pc it takes hours to shut down or it doesn't. But only when i use it it goes sleep. i tried looking for solution in YouTube...
  7. Why CPU going to sleep again and again while I'm using?

Why CPU going to sleep again and again while I'm using?: So I'm using my PC and it goes to sleep, i click Enter button twice it comes back and then after 2-3 minutes it goes back to sleep. If I don't use the pc it takes hours to shut down or it doesn't. But only when i use it it goes sleep. i tried looking for solution in YouTube...
  8. Why CPU going to sleep again and again while I'm using?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  9. My laptop again and again randomly turns black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop again and again randomly turns black: As soon as ii open my laptop it starts working and suddenly after few minutes as I open my browser it turns blue then black and it freezes and none of the key on the keyboard works I wait for 30 minutes nothing seems to happen at last I have to press the power button and do...
  10. Pc restarting again and again

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc restarting again and again: I am not having Quick heal in my pc but still i face problem of system restarting and saying llio.sys failed. Please tell me a solution for it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-restarting-again-and-again/804885aa-bc8c-410d-953f-4fedf263ed6c