Windows 10: why my PC will turn into power save mode when i play a video but cannot wake up need to...

Discus and support why my PC will turn into power save mode when i play a video but cannot wake up need to... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi Sir, I have query regard to my PC monitor model DELL S2340L will turn into power save mode after few minutes when i playing the video in Films &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Tuan Wee Goh, Apr 23, 2020.

1. why my PC will turn into power save mode when i play a video but cannot wake up need to...

Hi Sir,

I have query regard to my PC monitor model DELL S2340L will turn into power save mode after few minutes when i playing the video in Films & TV software original from Microsoft Window 10 , but after monitor run into power save mode, the monitor cannot wake up anymore and the PC will shut down in few seconds after that.

This issue was not only happened on when playing the video currently , but it also happened before during when i using in other software such as Autodesk Autocad 2019 and Autodesk Revit2018.

This problem cause me headache. Most of only others people suggest solution is the change the Power Option plan in the control panel, but it is no work at all.

Hopefully some body can help solve the above issue with appropriate solution methods.

Note:

Window 10 home eddition

64 bit system operating system

Thanks.

Regards,

:)

Tuan Wee Goh, Apr 23, 2020
  2. Cliffy-HC Win User

Monitors go into auto power save mode and wont wake up

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have no idea why the computer monitors go into power saving mode. The computer doesn't. I can be browsing the internet (or even playing CandyCrush haha) more or less right after booting up and the monitors go to sleep. I
    can not wake them up. I have to turn the PC off and back on again. Not so good if I am doing some work.

Making any changes as you suggest above don't seem to do anything, there is only the mouse, keyboard and "NVIDIA nForce networking controller" listed.

Cliffy-HC, Apr 23, 2020
  3. CsabaL Win User
    Can't turn off battery/power saving mode

Any time I restart my laptop and I go to performance settings power saving mode is turned on. If i set to high performance, then it doesn't recognizing it and turns power saving back again after restart. If i change advanced settings under power saving mode and set everything to high performance, then it saves the settings, but there are no changes in use. Youtube lags when scrolling or when watching videos. What is the problem? Anyone had similar problems?
    My laptop has i7 intel 2,2 ghz, 8gb ddr4 ram and 256gb ssd. Windows was installed a month a go.

CsabaL, Apr 23, 2020
  4. blackwind Win User

why my PC will turn into power save mode when i play a video but cannot wake up need to...

Why does my monitor keep erroneously exiting power save mode?

The internet is absolutely rife with people complaining that their monitors keep erroneously entering power save mode or that their monitors are stuck in power save mode, but if Google is any indication, I'm the first person on Earth to run into a monitor erroneously exiting power save mode.

Whenever my monitor goes into power save mode, for some reason, after a short, unpredictable period of time -- sometimes it's a few seconds, sometimes it's 20 minutes -- it just turns back on for no reason. It's not because I touched my keyboard, it's not because I touched my mouse, it's not because I'm really, really fat and just happened to make my desk shake enough to move the mouse while walking by like the T-Rex in Jurassic Park... it just does it on its own, and it doesn't make a lick of sense.

• I've tried another monitor and it did the same thing, so it's not the monitor
    • I've tried connecting the monitor via HDMI instead of DVI and it did the same thing, so it's not the connection
    • I've tried terminating all processes in Task Manager except those under the "Windows processes" header and it did the same thing, so it's not a misbehaving program
    • I've tried disabling "Allow this device to wake the computer" for all devices in Device Manager and it did the same thing, but I believe this setting only affects sleep mode
    • I've tried powercfg -waketimers, but there aren't any wake timers on this PC, and again, I believe that's only relevant to sleep mode

This is a problem I've had for as long as I can remember, but have never been able to solve. The obvious workaround, of course, is to just turn the monitor off by hand, but I've been getting into home automation recently and now need to find a proper solution. Any suggestions?

blackwind, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

why my PC will turn into power save mode when i play a video but cannot wake up need to...

1. why my PC will turn into power save mode when i play a video but cannot wake up need to... - Similar Threads - why turn power

2. My Pc Crashes only when im not in power save mode. When i am in power save mode i get...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Pc Crashes only when im not in power save mode. When i am in power save mode i get...: If i select the power plan of power saver i can play games without crashing but i get half my performance and when i go to try any other power plan other than power saver, the pc will crash....
  3. My Pc Crashes only when im not in power save mode. When i am in power save mode i get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc Crashes only when im not in power save mode. When i am in power save mode i get...: If i select the power plan of power saver i can play games without crashing but i get half my performance and when i go to try any other power plan other than power saver, the pc will crash....
  4. My Pc Crashes only when im not in power save mode. When i am in power save mode i get...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. When my mini fridge turns on, pc in sleep mode wakes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When my mini fridge turns on, pc in sleep mode wakes: Could my pc be waking up from sleep mode due to the fact that my mini refrigerator is outsourcing a tremendous amount of energy in which residual energy spreads to the PC waking it? My mini fridge is poked into a separate outlet within the same room, do you think they are...
  6. When my mini fridge turns on, pc in sleep mode wakes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When my mini fridge turns on, pc in sleep mode wakes: Could my pc be waking up from sleep mode due to the fact that my mini refrigerator is outsourcing a tremendous amount of energy in which residual energy spreads to the PC waking it? My mini fridge is poked into a separate outlet within the same room, do you think they are...
  7. PC Boots up into power saving mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Boots up into power saving mode: Hi, My pc was working fine. When I moved it from my brothers house to my, it booted up into power saving mode. Could you please help. I have removed the ram and wiped the copper slots, however it has not solved the problem. Please help. AO...
  8. My desktop PC keeps waking up when I wake up my Laptop

My desktop PC keeps waking up when I wake up my Laptop: I have a desktop and laptop both running Windows 10 and are up to date . They are both on the home network. I have set each to go to sleep after 10mins. However I have just become aware that when I turn on my laptop in one room, i can hear the desktop, which is in a...
  9. Repeated blue screen crashes, goes into Power Save mode, can't wake up

Repeated blue screen crashes, goes into Power Save mode, can't wake up: Have a Dell desktop that is several years old. It came with Windows 7 which I upgraded to Windows 10 when it first came out. Started getting blue screens a few months ago, but was able to get back into Windows by powering off & rebooting. Now it goes into Power Save mode...
  10. my pc wake up when i press any key in hibernate mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my pc wake up when i press any key in hibernate mode: hi guys my pc have windows 10 and i turn it off with hibernate mode but it wake up with pressing any key or mouse click .*Mad it seems to go to sleep mode*Huh how can i solve it?? thanks*Smile 54731