Windows 10: Why my Pictures locked from transfer from seagate external hard drive to window 10?

Discus and support Why my Pictures locked from transfer from seagate external hard drive to window 10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have copy and paste my picture folders from window XP through the Seagate external hard drive on to my new computer with window 10.all went well... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BarbaraKederer, May 10, 2019.

1. Why my Pictures locked from transfer from seagate external hard drive to window 10?

I have copy and paste my picture folders from window XP through the Seagate external hard drive on to my new computer with window 10.all went well until I open the folders on window 10 all my picture are locked (cant see with a big lock picture in front of it.Why is that?

can anyone help and give me an answer.

Barbara

:)

BarbaraKederer, May 10, 2019

2. Seagate external hard drive

I have upgraded to windows 10 and now my Seagate external hard drive is not compatible. How can I use it? I need to transfer some more pictures over to Seagate. It worked fine on windows 7. I see all kinds of questions regarding windows 8 but not windows

RhondaVicente, May 10, 2019
  3. Seagate External Hard Drive

Hi Barbara,

Hardware failure or corruption within your system files are some of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with accessing your external hard drive. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when you are trying to access the external hard drive using another PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for hardware. Follow these steps to do so:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search box at the upper right corner of the window, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound and then choose Hardware and Devices.
    • Once done, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, May 10, 2019
  4. Why my Pictures locked from transfer from seagate external hard drive to window 10?

Cannot find (Seagate) external hard drive in File Explorer.

Hi,

Thank you for updating us on the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

1. I would recommend you to check in Disk management, if the (Seagate) external hard drive is detecting in Disk management. Follow the below steps:

a. Press Windows Key + R and type diskmgmt.msc and hit
    Enter.

b. Check if the system is detecting (Seagate) external hard drive and let us know.

2. What exactly happen when you try to access on the hard drive? Do you receive any error message/error code?

Awaiting your response for further assistance.

Billion Debbarma, May 10, 2019
Thema:

Why my Pictures locked from transfer from seagate external hard drive to window 10?

1. Why my Pictures locked from transfer from seagate external hard drive to window 10? - Similar Threads - Why Pictures locked

2. Transfer data from hard drive to external SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer data from hard drive to external SSD.: Can someone tell me how to transfer data from hard drive to external SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-data-from-hard-drive-to-external-ssd/8d744dd6-1e4d-48a6-bcda-c241eec118bb
  3. Transfer data from hard drive to external SSD.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transfer data from hard drive to external SSD.: Can someone tell me how to transfer data from hard drive to external SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-data-from-hard-drive-to-external-ssd/8d744dd6-1e4d-48a6-bcda-c241eec118bb
  4. Transfer data from hard drive to external SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. transfer games from hard drive to external drive problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transfer games from hard drive to external drive problem: My hard drive is almost full to purchased an external game drive. Went to Steam and followed their instructions to transfer games to newly created folder on the game drive. Followed directions to the letter and when I hit the create new folder, message was "read only" and...
  6. USB transfer speed from external hard drive to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB transfer speed from external hard drive to external hard drive: I'm having a hard time finding which USB ports on my laptop and its dock are v3 or v2 (or less possibly), but when I tried two different ports (I think one is v3), they both seemed to transfer at about 150KBps... which seems slow even for USB v2. I'm copying files from an...
  7. Unable to transfer files to and from external hard drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to transfer files to and from external hard drives: My HP laptop is unable to modify or transfer files from external hard drives. It says i need permission to access the folders so i changed the ownership and reset the permissions of the files and it still didn't work. I also tried formatting the hard drives but it didn't...
  8. Windows 10 and Seagate External Hard Drive not connecting.

Windows 10 and Seagate External Hard Drive not connecting.: About two weeks ago my Windows 10 on PC stopped recognizing Seagrave external hard drive in usual USB port. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-and-seagate-external-hard-drive-not/388034a2-eb70-491d-86d1-4155a9160a33
  9. transferring photos from computer to external hard drive

transferring photos from computer to external hard drive: When I transfer photos from my computer to an external hard drive, is there a quick way? I have hundreds of photos and dread copying them even in lots of 10....
  10. Seagate External Hard Drive not working

Seagate External Hard Drive not working: I have been trying for several months to understand why my external drive is not working, there are no drive lights flashing although it is humming. I have checked it all out in Device Manager, etc and it recorded as healthy and running correctly. In frustration I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. images locked on seagate drive